Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Max Talbot traded from Flyers to Avs... :(

Is it wrong for me to still want him back?

i think he could really be that third line anchor like Jordan Staal was for so long...
    he is such a defensive beast, and he does have some scoring ability...

vCash
    No, I still want him back as well but if he does ever return to Pittsburgh, I think it will be after his current contract expires. I don't think Shero ever really undervalued what he brought to the table: energy, leadership, great locker room guy, physicality, etc. but we just don't have the cap to bring him in right now when we have other guys who are more offensively/defensively gifted than he is.

Basically, with an annual cap hit at 1.75M, it would be hard to justify bringing him back for that amount. However, after his contract expires, if Shero were able to talk him into a cap hit around 1 or even 1.25, I think both parties would be interested in a return
    Let's Go Pens! - 16 Games Left

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    No, I still want him back as well but if he does ever return to Pittsburgh, I think it will be after his current contract expires. I don't think Shero ever really undervalued what he brought to the table: energy, leadership, great locker room guy, physicality, etc. but we just don't have the cap to bring him in right now when we have other guys who are more offensively/defensively gifted than he is.

Basically, with an annual cap hit at 1.75M, it would be hard to justify bringing him back for that amount. However, after his contract expires, if Shero were able to talk him into a cap hit around 1 or even 1.25, I think both parties would be interested in a return

Offensively gifted...sure we have better, but I'm not interested in paying for more offensive talent. We need more defensive forewards.

I dont think we have many more defensively gifted forewards than him. Maybe Pascal Dupuis and Craig Adams.
    Thats about it.

we have a skewed view of players... our fourth line players go ot other teams and instantly become 2nd liners.
    To me that says we should have kept them.