Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Kings decline Jimmers 4th yr option

Fredette's fourth-year option was declined by the Kings on Thursday, USA Today reports.

Thursday is the final day for teams to decide whether or not to pick up 2014-15 options, and Sacramento declining Fredette's is a somewhat surprising move. The final year of his rookie deal would have paid him $3.1 million, but he'll instead become a, unrestricted free agent after the 2013-14 season.
    Don't just read our posts, JOIN US! click here
    2011 AND 2012 JWE & Strives Lions prediction game Champion
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10, #12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    Writing was on the wall.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Fine with me. Having McLemore makes Jimmer expendable. $3.1 Mill. is overpaying him.

vCash
    We better try hard to trade him. Even getting a 2nd rounder is better than letting him walk for nothing.

vCash
    With Jimmer being unrestricted next season and he still needs a lot of developing I am not sure why anyone would trade for him.

I also think its obvious that this Kings management thinks he has almost zero hope of developing into a useful player. Now the Kings have no reason to play to him.

vCash
    Trade him to Utah. Put some people in the stands

vCash
    This is a stupid move, even if the kings weren't planning on keeping him. It greatly diminishes his trade value for absolutely no apparent reason. Why wouldn't they decline his option later?

vCash
    Somewhere in the world, Jimmer55 is contemplating hanging himself over the thought that Jimmer might be without a team next year

This is probably what the Spurs feel like right now

Boogie Cousins for MVP 2014

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ntd View Post
    This is a stupid move, even if the kings weren't planning on keeping him. It greatly diminishes his trade value for absolutely no apparent reason. Why wouldn't they decline his option later?
    You can't decline later, you have to make a decision by OCT 31st. If you accept his option then he is under contract for next season.

If Jimmer had any real trade value I imagine the Kings would of accepted his option, but I bet during the off season they gauged interest around the league for Jimmer and there was no interest. Its very telling of Jimmers trade value and the Kings belief in Jimmers skills by declining his option.

vCash
    Package him for a good backup C.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    You can't decline later, you have to make a decision by OCT 31st. If you accept his option then he is under contract for next season.

If Jimmer had any real trade value I imagine the Kings would of accepted his option, but I bet during the off season they gauged interest around the league for Jimmer and there was no interest. Its very telling of Jimmers trade value and the Kings belief in Jimmers skills by declining his option.
    Totally agree. I'm sure the kings tested the market in the off season, & continued to search fir a possible trade partner. There being none, they decided to decline his option.
    Don't just read our posts, JOIN US! click here
    2011 AND 2012 JWE & Strives Lions prediction game Champion
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10, #12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    Not surprised on this move, thing that gets my goat is we SHOULD be contacting Leonard's agents about a max extension if Petrie and the Maloof's wouldn't have had their heads up their *****.

Instead we will be letting a top ten pick walk for probably nothing, that stings even more now that I think about it. We could really use that extra talent in that roster spot, imagine how different this team looks with a Kawahi or a Lillard on it??

I know I know maybe not championship material but would have been better than where we are now.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Passing on Kawhi will be one of the more perplexing decisions of the next decade.

It was such a slam dunk...

vCash
    3 years of Jimmer is enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    3 years of Jimmer is enough.
    Take that back. A team can never have enough 3 point shooting or abstinence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast