Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Should we sign Nnamdhi

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    13 54.17%
  • no

    8 33.33%
  • right now,dont pass go,dont collect 200 dollars..pay Nnamdhi Now!!

    3 12.50%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 117
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    185
    vCash
    1500

    Nnamdi to get the boot in SF in lieu of the return of Eric Wright

    I bet you can see where this thread is going...

    Nnamdi is going to be cut free from SF, why not bring him in to see if he can still play our system. He has struggled in Philly and SF, however they asked him to play in many formations that didn't use his m2m or pressing ability. Porter, Jenkins and Hayden are playing well sure, but I do feel that all 3 of them struggle against a true #1 WR, like Megatron, Marshall, Green, Jones/White, lets see if we can get him to excel like he did before. What do we have to lose? The guy was a stand up act on the field as well as the community.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    512
    vCash
    1500
    It wouldn't surprise me to see RM bring him to kick the tires with a tryout, but I don't think we'll sign him mid season. If he is available as a FA in the offseason and we lose Porter and/or Jenkins then maybe...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,288
    vCash
    1500
    I wouldn`t touch him with a 10 foot pole, we`re currently good to go as is.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    10,504
    vCash
    1500
    I wouldn't mind in the least. If he isn't fit for the field, slide him right into the front office. I'd do it just to see more of his wife.

    -Stork

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    358
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFa8thful:27313508
    I bet you can see where this thread is going...

    Nnamdi is going to be cut free from SF, why not bring him in to see if he can still play our system. He has struggled in Philly and SF, however they asked him to play in many formations that didn't use his m2m or pressing ability. Porter, Jenkins and Hayden are playing well sure, but I do feel that all 3 of them struggle against a true #1 WR, like Megatron, Marshall, Green, Jones/White, lets see if we can get him to excel like he did before. What do we have to lose? The guy was a stand up act on the field as well as the community.
    The al Davis cover 1 man free system is long gone.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,042
    vCash
    1500
    I would take a flyer on him, we could get him cheap and yes, he has a hot wife.

    I'm Your Huckleberry.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,288
    vCash
    1500
    He can`t stay on a roster to save his life, his time has long expired. It`s possible he`s the most overrated Raider to ever wear the uniform. He`s turned into Elvis Toast Patterson, he was never as good as advertised in Oakland and the exposure blew the lid off the roof.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,588
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NoClapsPlease View Post
    The al Davis cover 1 man free system is long gone.
    Many teams use ADs backfield preference, just not in exclusivity as Davis did. It is actually in my estimation the best coverage scheme in FB...the problem is like every other scheme it can be exploited,to which AD refused to repond by mixing looks, which made it look far less effective than it actually is.


    Nnamdi is a raider, just like Woodson, he needs to take a vet min. contract and come home.If we could resign both he and Woodson to the 2014 season,draft two young BD, be it CB or safety, and have them be essentially mentors...along with Hayden and possibly a resigned Jenkins if he doesn't ask for $$$$...We would have come a long way from CJ Routt huff branch(lol).
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    512
    vCash
    1500
    Somebody with injuries is going to take a flyer on him. Luckily we aren't in that position.

    Now if he could play Guard...

    As SK7 said. If he is a FA in the offseason and wants to play for the minimum with a few incentives then maybe...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    10,504
    vCash
    1500
    Lol, Elvis Patterson never had the NFL pedigree that Asomugha has...so I'm not sure the comparison is especially fair....I'm not sure if he ever started a game while here late in his career. I do remember him having a few flashes of being pretty good while on the Giants. However, he was an excellent special teams player for us for a couple of years.

    I'd still take a look at Asomugha....if for nothing else, to let him retire as a Raider, and I still think he'd be a nice addition to the front office.

    -Stork

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,042
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    Many teams use ADs backfield preference, just not in exclusivity as Davis did. It is actually in my estimation the best coverage scheme in FB...the problem is like every other scheme it can be exploited,to which AD refused to repond by mixing looks, which made it look far less effective than it actually is.


    Nnamdi is a raider, just like Woodson, he needs to take a vet min. contract and come home.If we could resign both he and Woodson to the 2014 season,draft two young BD, be it CB or safety, and have them be essentially mentors...along with Hayden and possibly a resigned Jenkins if he doesn't ask for $$$$...We would have come a long way from CJ Routt huff branch(lol).
    Woodson could help extend Nnamdi's career by mentoring him during a conversion to safety. With NA and CW as safeties, Jenkins and Hayden CBs, I think that is a good back 4.

    I'm Your Huckleberry.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    512
    vCash
    1500
    Woodson played with him and can attest for his character to RM. Look what Tarver and Woodson have done with the D this season. If anyone can turn Nnamdi around its them.

    Woodson was playing at a high level the past couple of seasons with GB, but he is really playing well this season with us. Wearing the Silver and Black just inspires players to higher levels of greatness!

    We'll it hasn't for a while, but it does this year!!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    512
    vCash
    1500
    HAHA great minds think alike Wolfe!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,287
    vCash
    1600
    I would bring him in and move him to Safety, Rotate him in. Who would you cut? I think Adams is under rated and he played well last year, would hate to lose him...And I was screaming that they didnt have him on returns, I think I would cut Ford. He just seems like a turnover waiting to happen

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    south OC
    Posts
    2,653
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Lol, Elvis Patterson never had the NFL pedigree that Asomugha has...so I'm not sure the comparison is especially fair....I'm not sure if he ever started a game while here late in his career. I do remember him having a few flashes of being pretty good while on the Giants. However, he was an excellent special teams player for us for a couple of years.

    I'd still take a look at Asomugha....if for nothing else, to let him retire as a Raider, and I still think he'd be a nice addition to the front office.

    -Stork
    You're still stuck on his wife!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •