Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Wayy Too Early Draft Question

I realize it's way too early but with this being a fan forum, I wonder these questions..

Where do you feel our biggest weakness is?

How do we address it/fix it during season?

Who is the player you would select in next year's draft? (Being realistic)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WVA_Titan View Post
    I realize it's way too early but with this being a fan forum, I wonder these questions..

Where do you feel our biggest weakness is?

How do we address it/fix it during season?

Who is the player you would select in next year's draft? (Being realistic)
    The draft is never too early, Its my favorite time of the year, I think we will end up picking in the 15-25 range, As for what position I am leaning towards MLB, Fokou is not the answer

Philadelphia 76ers 2000-2001 Sim League Champion

vCash
    OT may be a huge need with Stewart's likely departure. RB depending where they go with CJ. DE if they don't keep Morgan and Pitoitua. Wimbley is likely on the way out also. MLB also. CB if we don't re-sign Verner (God forbid but I could see it happening)..

vCash
    I think its fair to start talking about the offseason. This team started off strong but is clearly fading as we get into the middle of the season at 3-4. With remaining games against the Broncos, Texans and Colts (twice) this is looking like a 8-8 team.

We have got some answers but still plenty of holes on this team.

Running Back - I'm done with Chris Johnson. He has 366 yards through 7 games. You can give all the excuses you want but $10 million backs perform even on bad teams. Barry Sanders, Maurice Jones Drew, Steven Jackson, Jamaal Charles, Corey Dillion etc. all had multiple good to great seasons on terrible teams.

Wide Receiver - Kenny Britt is gone. I think they need another playmaker but it isn't a pressing need because Kendall Wright is legit and Justin Hunter shows signs of promise.

Tight End - I really don't know about Craig Stevens but to me it seems like Walker makes him unnecessary especially at his salary.

Offensive Line - David Stewart is done so they got figure something out at right tackle. Michael Roos is also having his worst season to date which is a concern with his contract negotiations coming up. I think they got solid pieces on the inside.

Defensive Line -Wimbley is gone. I think they have got good production from the defensive line.

Linebackers - We need more playmakers at linebacker. Probably the weakest position on the defense.

Corners - It all hinges on Verner. Ive been saying it for 2 seasons now that Verner was the best corner on the team and they should get him a new deal. Well now he is having a Pro Bowl season and especially after an offseason where they tried everything they could to get Tommie Campbell on the field I'm worried he won't be back with the Titans.

Safeties - Griffin is definately better suited now opposed to where they had him last year. Pollard is having a good season but is nearing the end of his career. They need some fresh blood in there at the spot.

vCash
    I am on the fense with CJ. On one hand he definitely has had a better career than Corey Dillion, and he needs to be put in a role more like Darren Sprolles maybe. He definitely needs a restructured contract or something because he is not worth $10million a year even if he does bounce back the second half of the year as he usually does.

With that out of the way, here is my draft wish list.
    1. WR, Mike Evans, Texas A&M, he is big strong and puts up big numbers. He is what Kenny Britt was supposed to be.
    2. RB, Thomas, Oregon, use him like sprolles or Reggie bush, and trade or cut CJ2k
    3. QB, Aaron Murray, GA, if Locker keeps improving this year then forget this, but so far Locker hasnt been the answer.
    4. SS, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, AL, He is a hard hitting SS that started his career as a LB.
    5. Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama, might as well keep adding to the OL, and he may be the best in the draft.
    6. Marqise Lee, WR, USC. He is just a great WR that could slide due to USC's QB situation and play.
    7. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt, 6'3" and fast. He puts up numbers on a bad team in the SEC.
    8. Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame, should i even compare him to Albert Haynesworth (the titan, not the redskin)?
    9. Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State, the best corner in the draft, and he is sliding down draft boards.
    10.C.J. Mosley, LB, Alabama, I dont know if he is the answer to our MLB problem, but he would be an upgrade.

So most of these guys will be mid to late 1st rounders, so anyone should be a good pick. I realize I have a lot of WR on the list, and I dont think that is our biggest need, but I believe in taking the best player available at a position of need, and we have a team full of great number 2 receivers. Personally I would like to see them go Defense, Defense, Defense. I know statically our defense is way better than our offense right now, but If we were back to having a top 5 defense without major holes we could handle some offensive growing pains. Locker and the receivers should get better with experience they are all young, and eventually we will have to make a change at RB, and upgrade the OT positions. With saying all that I would like to fianally have a playmaker at the LB or DL that can get 10+ sacks yearly. I am tired of our DBs getting burned every game. I love Verner and Micheal Griffin, but the others need to be replaced. Pollard has become my favorite Titan and I hope they resign him after this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cgreenhill View Post
    I am on the fense with CJ. On one hand he definitely has had a better career than Corey Dillion, and he needs to be put in a role more like Darren Sprolles maybe. He definitely needs a restructured contract or something because he is not worth $10million a year even if he does bounce back the second half of the year as he usually does.

With that out of the way, here is my draft wish list.
    1. WR, Mike Evans, Texas A&M, he is big strong and puts up big numbers. He is what Kenny Britt was supposed to be.
    2. RB, Thomas, Oregon, use him like sprolles or Reggie bush, and trade or cut CJ2k
    3. QB, Aaron Murray, GA, if Locker keeps improving this year then forget this, but so far Locker hasnt been the answer.
    4. SS, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, AL, He is a hard hitting SS that started his career as a LB.
    5. Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama, might as well keep adding to the OL, and he may be the best in the draft.
    6. Marqise Lee, WR, USC. He is just a great WR that could slide due to USC's QB situation and play.
    7. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt, 6'3" and fast. He puts up numbers on a bad team in the SEC.
    8. Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame, should i even compare him to Albert Haynesworth (the titan, not the redskin)?
    9. Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State, the best corner in the draft, and he is sliding down draft boards.
    10.C.J. Mosley, LB, Alabama, I dont know if he is the answer to our MLB problem, but he would be an upgrade.

So most of these guys will be mid to late 1st rounders, so anyone should be a good pick. I realize I have a lot of WR on the list, and I dont think that is our biggest need, but I believe in taking the best player available at a position of need, and we have a team full of great number 2 receivers. Personally I would like to see them go Defense, Defense, Defense. I know statically our defense is way better than our offense right now, but If we were back to having a top 5 defense without major holes we could handle some offensive growing pains. Locker and the receivers should get better with experience they are all young, and eventually we will have to make a change at RB, and upgrade the OT positions. With saying all that I would like to fianally have a playmaker at the LB or DL that can get 10+ sacks yearly. I am tired of our DBs getting burned every game. I love Verner and Micheal Griffin, but the others need to be replaced. Pollard has become my favorite Titan and I hope they resign him after this year.
    I completely agree about CJ, phasing him out of the offense completely and use him ala Reggie Bush/Darren Sproles.

Personally, I don't view us having a single glaring hole on this team so we should go for player who can step in immediately and have an impact in a variety of ways. As some of you may have seen, I'm very much in favor of drafting De'Anthony Thomas. DAT could step in immediately and split duties returning kicks and punts, play in the slot as well as get a few carries/swing passes a game. Thomas is a true playmaker and needs the ball in his hands 100-150 times as a rookie (Not including kickoffs or punts). He would instantly notify CJ that his days as a titan are numbered.