Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Post Mortem Thread

Off-season stuff post here
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    As a Red Sox fan in my opinion, the Cardinals don't have to do much. Your starters 1-5 all could win 15 + games, and your bullpen is one of the best.

Wacha, had one bad game, and he will be a stud for years to come.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf82 View Post
    As a Red Sox fan in my opinion, the Cardinals don't have to do much. Your starters 1-5 all could win 15 + games, and your bullpen is one of the best.

Wacha, had one bad game, and he will be a stud for years to come.
    appreciate the post but we really do have a bit to do, specifically at the 3B and SS. need upgrades their for this team to make it back to the fall classic

vCash
    SS, 3B, and CF are holes right now for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    SS, 3B, and CF are holes right now for us.
    Carpenter will move to third and Taveras in center. SS is the only major hole.

vCash
    Guys we have 1 hole, that's SS.

Carpenter will move to 3B, hole filled

Wong will go to 2B, hole filled

I'd say as of now it's extremely likely Tavares plays CF for us at some point 2014.

And if not there are available options we can platoon Jay with, people forget he was a really good player for 3 years before a very bad year this year.

There will be options for CF

We really have one serious hole and that's only SS.

I've seen a lot of negativity lately on Twitter mostly and I just don't understand it. We have 1 major hole. Everything else is easily filled. We are in fantastic shape

vCash
    Lets snag Rajai Davis to platoon in CF with Jay until Oscar comes up.

It would also be nice to have his speed off the bench late in games and he can actually hit lefties .294 avg, .354 obp, .425 slg, .779 ops

vCash
    Jay really isn't that bad, I expect him to rebound a bit offensively. Even with a down year he was a slightly above average hitter for center field. He isn't even that bad against lefties. He has a career 96 wRC+ against lefties.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    I've seen a lot of negativity lately on Twitter mostly and I just don't understand it. We have 1 major hole. Everything else is easily filled. We are in fantastic shape
    Yeah, you don't win 97 games and go to the WS with major holes everywhere. Realistically, they could nothing and you are probably still looking at a 90-95 win team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Holders View Post
    Yeah, you don't win 97 games and go to the WS with major holes everywhere. Realistically, they could nothing and you are probably still looking at a 90-95 win team.
    Exactly.

People forget things like Jake Westbrook made 19 starts for us. Those games will now be replaced by Michael Wacha

That's an improvement

We will have a new SS, it's a guaranteed improvement over Kozma, it has to be

Our defense will improve with Carpeneter at 3rd, Wong at 2B and a new SS

From what I've read there's a very good chance cardinals will sign Freese to a incentive contract vs non tendering and he will be used in the same role Wigginton was supposed to be. I know Freese had a rough year but to have him sitting on the bench to be used as an offensive weapon late in games? That's pretty damn good

We will lose Beltran but he will be replaced by Adams, we will lose a little but with the other upgrades it will be like losing 5 bucks, it sucks to lose but hey it's 5 bucks, you'll live.

Jason Motte is coming back and sounds like he is doing well. We now how someone who was a very good closer pitching the 8th. The back end of out bullpen with Rosenthal, Motte, Siegrist will be nasty

Jaime Garcia is coming back and according to him he's been more comfortable on the mound than he has since before his elbow surgery in the minors, that's years. It's entirely possible he doesn't get back to himself but it's entirely possible he's even better.

So our rotation will be Wainwright, Miller, Wacha, Garcia (if healthy) and Lynn/Kelly/Martinez (personally I think they'll trade lynn and they want Martinez to take the job

We have an offense that was already great, contains Holliday, Craig, Adams, Molina and Carpenter and if very likely to include Tavaras and a much improved SS, Wong will be good I think but will also have his moments he isn't fully consistent yet, he's still settling In and isn't the pure hitting like Tavaras who I think can hit in the .280s with a good amount of homers (15 or so?) and doubles (25-30?) in his first year, I think that's pretty reasonable.

I just don't see why some people are being so negative about this team?

Hell, some people said it was transition year and it was in many aspects, but if that's what we did transitioning what will happen when we are at full go with these guys?

vCash

Post Mortem Thread

In line with skippy above IMO for the foreseeable future all roads to the World Series go through STL and I couldn't be happier our team is stacked as it is add an actual SS and we are probably the world champs this season add one for 2014 and I like our chances

NFL DPOY!
    Robert Quinn
    Sack Total: 18 Forced Fumbles: 7 Touchdowns: 1

vCash
    Everybody knows we need an upgrade at SS. Obviously a glaring weakness, but another huge hole that nobody has mentioned is the "bench". We didn't have anyone to go to, especially when Craig went down. Wiggington and his ilk are not the answer, hoping Mo addresses that as well.

vCash
    Skip tweeted Derrick Goold the other night about Freese and Goold said that Freese is definitely a choice for a bench bat. Which i would be ok with as long as he's not the main option off the bench

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    Lets snag Rajai Davis to platoon in CF with Jay until Oscar comes up.

It would also be nice to have his speed off the bench late in games and he can actually hit lefties .294 avg, .354 obp, .425 slg, .779 ops
    That is actually a very good idea. Poor Sugar Shane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    Skip tweeted Derrick Goold the other night about Freese and Goold said that Freese is definitely a choice for a bench bat. Which i would be ok with as long as he's not the main option off the bench
    He also reiterated it in the chat thing he does yesterday also

It's a good idea IMO

If Wong struggles it gives us another move (move Carpenter to 2B, Freese to 3rd)

Gives them a late innings bat off the bench who is right handed

And on top of all that we have plenty of money and off a bad year he wouldn't be that expensive

We sign him back for a year, see if he regains his power, he still hit for a solid average last year outside the first month.

At the very worst we have a right handed bench player who hits decently and plays 3rd and first. At best he regains what he did the first 3 years, little to no risk and a pretty good reward if it comes out alright

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast