Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 55
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,714
    vCash
    34875

    Clippers-Lakers (Why Both Teams Have Problems)

    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    How do I think [Kevin] Love helps his team lose? Terrible defense, chucker, basically a of version if Monta

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,919
    vCash
    1500
    The Lakers have problems because we're old, and don't have a top 5-10 NBA player on the court. It's a transition year, we'll have the positives and negatives, but every squad needs to revamp regardless of how successful they've been throughout history.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,714
    vCash
    34875
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    The Lakers have problems because we're old, and don't have a top 5-10 NBA player on the court. It's a transition year, we'll have the positives and negatives, but every squad needs to revamp regardless of how successful they've been throughout history.
    Wait till you see the part on Nick Young.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    How do I think [Kevin] Love helps his team lose? Terrible defense, chucker, basically a of version if Monta

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9,356
    vCash
    1500
    Shocked Nick is already making breakdowns of two teams that have like 8 new players a piece and in the Clippers case an entirely new coaching staff+system. Even the Heat of 2010 who had better players started the season off rough under similar circumstances, so why wouldn't a team like the Clippers?

    All he really highlighted was Blake's awkward post footwork and the nonstop defensive breakdowns of the team. One is a chemistry issue and another is a player not being a finished product issue. No need to keep beating these things to death. I would love Blake to already be refined and a complete player, trust me. But these things take time. I would also love if just from training camp and preseason our entirely new offense and defense was smooth, but that's not how it works.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,013
    vCash
    1500
    Honestly it's just 1 game, let's come back and see where the clippers are after at mid-season

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    32,618
    vCash
    1894
    I didn't realize how bad of a rebounding trio we have on the perimeter, puts more pressure on our bigs but Blake hasn't been rebounding well in awhile. I rarely question his effort but he looked pitiful on both ends last night. Its one thing not to know the system but to not get the fundamentals down is pretty worrisome. I agree with Simmons when he says this is probably his put up or shut up year, if we see no growth then I can see us moving him for Love (if Love expresses displeasure in Minny that is)
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9,356
    vCash
    1500
    I agree Blake's lack of effort sometimes is upsetting. He never stopped hustling as a rookie. Love for Griffin swap would benefit both teams if he doesn't make the jump.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    32,618
    vCash
    1894
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Shocked Nick is already making breakdowns of two teams that have like 8 new players a piece and in the Clippers case an entirely new coaching staff+system. Even the Heat of 2010 who had better players started the season off rough under similar circumstances, so why wouldn't a team like the Clippers?
    Yea its abit early for making these sort of breakdowns but just take it for what it is, 1 game breakdown. I dont know how often the Heat had many of these breakdowns but suffice it to say, their effort was better than ours. In their 8-8 start they played with the efficiency of a 60 win team IIRC, if we start 8-8 under similar circumstances I will be happy but we took the Lakers for granted last night.

    All he really highlighted was Blake's awkward post footwork and the nonstop defensive breakdowns of the team.
    He also highlighted Blake's tendency to pause when he should attack, his poor footwork on defense. **** we've been pining about for awhile.

    One is a chemistry issue and another is a player not being a finished product issue. No need to keep beating these things to death.
    Why not? So long as it remains true in the game he is breaking down, he should point it out. As I would expect him to point it out when Blake has a great game with great fundamentals.

    I would love Blake to already be refined and a complete player, trust me. But these things take time. I would also love if just from training camp and preseason our entirely new offense and defense was smooth, but that's not how it works.
    Not true, these things dont always take time, but yes we shouldn't rush to any conclusion this early. Its about how much time it takes that matters, this is Blakes 4th year now (with the added benefit of observing the game for a year), after an improved stroke last year, that hitch in his jumper is back. He didn't space the floor correctly and he didn't shrink it on the other end well enough. Hes always had awkward footwork, sometimes it looks beautiful but we should be seeing more fundamental moves by now.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    28,700
    vCash
    1500
    He went all in on Young


    Free As Seagull.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    32,618
    vCash
    1894
    Oh and Dudley was AWFUL. Really hope his intangible worth is still in tact, when it comes to guys who dont really put up stats but make their imprint on the instangibles/defensive end, its abit harder to realize when they decline.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9,356
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Yea its abit early for making these sort of breakdowns but just take it for what it is, 1 game breakdown. I dont know how often the Heat had many of these breakdowns but suffice it to say, their effort was better than ours. In their 8-8 start they played with the efficiency of a 60 win team IIRC, if we start 8-8 under similar circumstances I will be happy but we took the Lakers for granted last night.


    He also highlighted Blake's tendency to pause when he should attack, his poor footwork on defense. **** we've been pining about for awhile.


    Why not? So long as it remains true in the game he is breaking down, he should point it out. As I would expect him to point it out when Blake has a great game with great fundamentals.


    Not true, these things dont always take time, but yes we shouldn't rush to any conclusion this early. Its about how much time it takes that matters, this is Blakes 4th year now (with the added benefit of observing the game for a year), after an improved stroke last year, that hitch in his jumper is back. He didn't space the floor correctly and he didn't shrink it on the other end well enough. Hes always had awkward footwork, sometimes it looks beautiful but we should be seeing more fundamental moves by now.
    When I say beating the things to death I mean because he made a breakdown of us just like 5 days ago and nagged on Blake lol. Seems a bit soon for this again. Look I can observe as much Hakeem footage if I want but if I don't get out there and practice it, it won't do crap. Blake's spent 2 summers doing nothing but rehab for knee injuries/surgeries and one in the lockout where all he really did was work on his own (like most players) with pickup ball, weights etc.

    Although I do admit given that this is the first summer he had to really work, I'm surprised he hasn't seemed to improve MORE. I mean why can Ibaka go out one summer and develop a great midrange shot but Blake can't? Both had no shot at all coming in. The only thing that really makes me mad in those videos about Blake is him relaxing on D and giving half *** effort help, especially when in the first few games of preseason he was so damn good defensively. It's not a lack of skill, it's a lack of toughness and effort. Also not a fan of him always in position to run back for the highlight dunk instead of getting the damn rebound/stop.

    Dudley has been disappointing for sure. Redick on the other hand has been a great fit. We may need to start Barnes over Dudley once he gets back into shape.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    32,618
    vCash
    1894
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    I agree Blake's lack of effort sometimes is upsetting. He never stopped hustling as a rookie. Love for Griffin swap would benefit both teams if he doesn't make the jump.
    Its the mental effort thats annoying. Hes still prioritizing leaking out over boxing out, thats not a Doc trait thats for sure. And when he got trapped, he didn't find the open man as well as I know he can. Just a flat out awful game, I dont like pinning a loss on a single player but we really couldn't afford his mental lapses.


    The jump better come soon, at what point do you stop giving the "it takes time routine"?

    PS I love how you send me footage of Coach Nick breaking down our preseason offense but bash him when the real game starts.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PHX
    Posts
    4,108
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    He went all in on Young
    Rightfully so. Nick Young is worthless. He's a less talented, less entertaining version of J.R. Smith.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post


    The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    32,618
    vCash
    1894
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    When I say beating the things to death I mean because he made a breakdown of us just like 5 days ago and nagged on Blake lol. Seems a bit soon for this again. Look I can observe as much Hakeem footage if I want but if I don't get out there and practice it, it won't do crap. Blake's spent 2 summers doing nothing but rehab for knee injuries/surgeries and one in the lockout where all he really did was work on his own (like most players) with pickup ball, weights etc.
    Sounds like a BS excuse, when Amare went down with injury he came back with a jumper. That was in a single offseason, but Blake cant fix the hitch in his shot or understand team defensive concepts because he cant practice? Is he so stupid that he cant break down film footage, I know you might not be able to but this is a PRO we are talking about, for our sake I hope hes not that stupid. Just a result of nerves, when things aren't going your way, you revert to bad habits. The entire team did that but none more appalling than Blake.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9,356
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Its the mental effort thats annoying. Hes still prioritizing leaking out over boxing out, thats not a Doc trait thats for sure. And when he got trapped, he didn't find the open man as well as I know he can. Just a flat out awful game, I dont like pinning a loss on a single player but we really couldn't afford his mental lapses.


    The jump better come soon, at what point do you stop giving the "it takes time routine"?

    PS I love how you send me footage of Coach Nick breaking down our preseason offense but bash him when the real game starts.
    Well.... I didn't send it because I thought it was significant, just wanted to share if you missed it because I found it highly entertaining with the pimp/boxing theme lol. Also knew you'd find interest in the system changes. I'm not mad at Nick at all though, just surprised so soon he made one of us looking so terrible.

    I agree the clock is ticking for Blake. I usually give a player 4-5 years... and this is year 4 for Blake. So if he doesn't take the jump this year I'm going to become doubtful he ever will and if by next year he doesn't... I'll pretty much be on the trade him boat, despite how much I love the guy personally. We just can't wait 6 or 7 years for him to find the mental toughness and fire again that he had rookie year.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •