Utah Jazz VS. OKC

sorry forgot so this is up late

vCash
    favors is having a good first half

vCash
    17 turnovers already to their 5.
    don't let it go to your head big fella

vCash
    "burks can't shoot." "harris? why did he make the team?" "hayward is our #1 scoring option."

this is one game, sure, but against freakin OKC. i think a lot of y'all read too much into preseason.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    wow what a fight... came down to a last second 30 ft 3 pointer that barely rimmed out.

great fight. the game came down to missed foul shots and turnovers, but they impressed me.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    at least the stupid heat lost... to the SIXERS!!! do tanking teams nearly beat arguably the 2 best teams in the league? not so much.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

-Portman

vCash
    Free throws seem to be a common denominator on our team. It frustrates me because it's the one aspect I was actually good at (as it requires no athletic ability). These guys are professionals and can't make a shot that's free. I hope Corbin starts emphasizing this more as it's not going to be fixed by itself.

Also,
    I really enjoyed watching Kanter and Gobert together, but thought it was funny that they didn't know who was defending the PF and who was defending the C. It seemed to work pretty well, but they both like to guard the hoop down low. I think Kanter should step out at that point and let the Beanstalk gobble up the balls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    and let the Beanstalk gobble up the balls.
    giggity
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

-Portman

vCash
    Kanter is looking good for you guys. He has a chance to be better than guys like Drummond and Valaciunas.

Favors also impressive. If you can get Burks (or any other guard) to consistently drop at least 20 pts a game, Utah will be a playoff team especially with that nasty front court developing.

vCash
    Great game. I like what I saw from Kanter and Favors. Will the real Alec Burks please stand up? Time will tell if this game is an outlier or if Alec is this good of a scorer. If he is a 20 point per night guy, you can kiss a high draft pick goodbye. I thought Hayward, Kanter, and Favors would all be solid this year, but if Burks emerges we are a better team than most of us realized. Alec was the player they said stood out in camp. Wayyyyyy to early to tell, but many positive signs.

vCash
    I enjoyed watching the game much more without the black hole on the block killing all the offensive movement. 25 assists is getting back to Jazz basketball.

vCash
    that game was so much fun to watch. it was perfect; the youngs show they can play ball and we come out with a L. Perfect.

vCash
    i agree with all of the above, and might i add that it seems like everyone was excited to be playing last night. we have too many role players and overachievers, sure, but you couldn't tell that from their play last night. we came out without intimidation and played for a whole 48 min. i did not expect a close game against the thunder. to think we could have beat them if just a couple foul shots fell in...

this season will be exciting, guys. not every game will be like this last one, but early signs are that we are excited to be playing basketball.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

-Portman

vCash
    as a fan who wants a high pick I wish 90% of our games would go this way that we are super competitive, but just not quite good enough to win. However I think the thunder are going to be very interesting to see without harden and now kevin martin if they will still have the spacing they need to be as good as they have been in the past.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    Kanter is looking good for you guys. He has a chance to be better than guys like Drummond and Valaciunas.

Favors also impressive. If you can get Burks (or any other guard) to consistently drop at least 20 pts a game, Utah will be a playoff team especially with that nasty front court developing.
    The "Tanking" Suns are already one game behind the Jazz in the tank race. And when the Suns kick our butts tomorrow night, it will be 2 games. Suns will be a playoff team I hope.

Warriors come out and Ta-ank.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast