Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: A second chance

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    268
    vCash
    1500

    A second chance

    Two offseason a ago the jets put off signing Cro for the next best thing to revis at the time ....Namdi asomough.

    The 49ers r close to bringing wright the former buccaneer cb onto the active roster, all fingers point to asomough being the odd man out an being cut.

    So the question is with the secondary playing as dreadful as they have this season, wouldn't the sox be insane not to bring about Namdi, something about Rex system can work for this man, it can help Cro as well as help milliner develope.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,843
    vCash
    1500
    I would mind bringing him in.. In dont know what his deal is? He was once a top tier cb.. If jets picked him up they would have to be willing to move milliner to safety which I don't think would be a bad idea

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    290
    vCash
    1500
    Why the **** does everybody on this forum want to move Millner to safety after EIGHT games (where he has been banged up) at the hardest position, outside of QB, to learn in the NFL? Seriously, what on earth is wrong with you people? Give the kid some time to polish his technique before you make him learn a whole new position and ruin his value/potential. Jeez

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,843
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaxor5 View Post
    Why the **** does everybody on this forum want to move Millner to safety after EIGHT games (where he has been banged up) at the hardest position, outside of QB, to learn in the NFL? Seriously, what on earth is wrong with you people? Give the kid some time to polish his technique before you make him learn a whole new position and ruin his value/potential. Jeez
    Well what would you like to do with him if we pick up aso? Would you like to keep a first round pick on the bench? Even if he was injured its not like he never played corner and the way he's been getting beat it's like he never played the position before.. So you tell us where he would go if we picked up aso?
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

    2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,135
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS TURN! View Post
    I would mind bringing him in.. In dont know what his deal is? He was once a top tier cb.. If jets picked him up they would have to be willing to move milliner to safety which I don't think would be a bad idea
    After 8 games you want to move him to safety?
    Guys like Sheldon Richardson are not the norm, rookies after trying to adjust to the speed of the game in their 1st season.

    He had no off-season camps and missed an incredible amount of time because of injuries and recovering from surgeries.

    Also a move to safety isn't as easy as you are suggesting.


    ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,843
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    After 8 games you want to move him to safety?
    Guys like Sheldon Richardson are not the norm, rookies after trying to adjust to the speed of the game in their 1st season.

    He had no off-season camps and missed an incredible amount of time because of injuries and recovering from surgeries.

    Also a move to safety isn't as easy as you are suggesting.
    You have it all wrong.. I was simply saying if we picked up aso if he gets released then what would you do with miliner? I would try him at saftey

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    6,139
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    After 8 games you want to move him to safety?
    Guys like Sheldon Richardson are not the norm, rookies after trying to adjust to the speed of the game in their 1st season.

    He had no off-season camps and missed an incredible amount of time because of injuries and recovering from surgeries.

    Also a move to safety isn't as easy as you are suggesting.
    So in this hypothetical scenario in which we sign Aso...

    If we bring in another CB who turns out to be better than him, I would move him to FS for a change. I don't think you need to keep him there permanently but it might help him see the game from a different angle. He wouldn't have to run with the WR in the same way. So the fact that he doesn't turn his head wouldn't to locate the ball but instead can wait and break, would be a huge of a factor. He could back peddle and make plays on the ball. He was sold as a ball hawk/playmaker, that would put him in a position to do that.
    A move wouldn't have to be permanent.
    I haven't given up on him as a CB yet. He has tons of potential but he is absolutely atrocious right now and hurts more than he helps. My fear is, he's not seeming to learn from his mistakes. Put him in another position so he can be on the field and watch things develop.

    No, it's not an easy move but our safeties aren't so great right now either, so why not?

    Again, hypothetical. For now, let him play and get scorched. He'll figure it out or he won't. If he doesn't make some strides by the end of the year, I consider the move more seriously.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    255
    vCash
    1500
    Nnamdi is a shell of his former self, put HIM at safety, not Milliner

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,449
    vCash
    1500
    Dude is washed up. No thanks! I'll wing it with Dee and the gang.

    Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,135
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS TURN! View Post
    You have it all wrong.. I was simply saying if we picked up aso if he gets released then what would you do with miliner? I would try him at saftey
    Dee is the future, why in blue blazes would you put him at safety?
    Why would you destroy a players development?
    Outside of QB, CB is the toughest transition from college to pro ball.

    Throw in that he missed most of the off season camps and most of training camp. He's struggling, but the potential is there.


    ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    16,839
    vCash
    5000
    you dont have to move him to safety to bring in Nnamdi you can move him down the depth chart

    Nnamdi might be done but where the Jets are at probably worth a shot

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,135
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    So in this hypothetical scenario in which we sign Aso...

    If we bring in another CB who turns out to be better than him, I would move him to FS for a change. I don't think you need to keep him there permanently but it might help him see the game from a different angle. He wouldn't have to run with the WR in the same way. So the fact that he doesn't turn his head wouldn't to locate the ball but instead can wait and break, would be a huge of a factor. He could back peddle and make plays on the ball. He was sold as a ball hawk/playmaker, that would put him in a position to do that.
    A move wouldn't have to be permanent.
    I haven't given up on him as a CB yet. He has tons of potential but he is absolutely atrocious right now and hurts more than he helps. My fear is, he's not seeming to learn from his mistakes. Put him in another position so he can be on the field and watch things develop.

    No, it's not an easy move but our safeties aren't so great right now either, so why not?

    Again, hypothetical. For now, let him play and get scorched. He'll figure it out or he won't. If he doesn't make some strides by the end of the year, I consider the move more seriously.
    Hypothetical speaking, I would let Dee be a back up until he becomes comfortable with the system. And there is a reason why he was a top 10 pick and viewed as such.
    Also there will be a season in 2014, if I'm not mistaken, by then he have a season under his belt, a complete off season and another training camp.

    Just asking, did you want to move Revis to safety when he struggled his 1st season?

    Antonio Allen has played excellent as the Jets FS this year.


    ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    I'm a little surprised but maybe I shouldn't be that so many here are actually calling on a position change for a rookie 8 games into the season for which he missed most of training camp. This defines the true meaning of impatience. Come on posters, get a grip already.
    If a team was led by constant reflexive actions of panic for every incident, there would be zero stability. This mentality resembles a ship of fools.
    Seriously, just knock it off. Such hysterics.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,318
    vCash
    1500
    I think bringing in Aso can be a potentially really good move or make not much difference at all, but I don't see how it could hurt. Therefore, I don't see why you wouldn't consider it. First, getting him into a defense that is better tailored to his skill set should be helpful. Second, and more important, why wouldn't the Jets add depth at what is clearly, presently a weak position? At this point in the season does anyone really feel comfortable with any of our CBs for an entire game? I certainly don't. They all seem to have plays here and there, but have overall played poorly. Maybe with a bit more depth at the position a rotation based on scheme/matchup can be developed to make a whole that is better than the its individual parts?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I think bringing in Aso can be a potentially really good move or make not much difference at all, but I don't see how it could hurt. Therefore, I don't see why you wouldn't consider it. First, getting him into a defense that is better tailored to his skill set should be helpful. Second, and more important, why wouldn't the Jets add depth at what is clearly, presently a weak position? At this point in the season does anyone really feel comfortable with any of our CBs for an entire game? I certainly don't. They all seem to have plays here and there, but have overall played poorly. Maybe with a bit more depth at the position a rotation based on scheme/matchup can be developed to make a whole that is better than the its individual parts?
    I have one little reason why you don't bring in Aso - he SUCKS!!!!!
    Here's another - he's with another TEAM! This si the same team he has exactly one start for.
    And BTW, if you think the Jets management have forgotten how he intentionally deceived them and made them look like fools for 48 hours, keep kidding yourself. They'd bring in Namath before they axed this clown.
    The trade deadline passed and i'm beyond the sick and tired phase of the insanely dreamy posters here who cannot grasp anything remotely tied to reality. My god, these posts suck! Absolutely zero quality.
    This won't happen and can't happen and you all know it! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •