Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Not real sure on KCP yet!!

I hate to rain on opening day and I know it's real early but I am not calling him a flop yet... but man, what he was suppose to be and what he has shown to be in Summer and Pre-Season, he is not as advertised.

First off, we needed a two guard that could shoot the long ball and keep teams from sagging back and covering our big guys. That's what we drafted him to be and that is what we were told he was but he has not even come close to being that at all. He was a horrible shooter in the summer league and he continued in pre-season even getting the minutes and the shots to prove he can be an effective shooter. His 32% shot percentage and 25% shot percentage from 3 point area are just horrible.

Yea, some will say that he has hustled, had some cool dunks, plays defense, and can rebound BUT I say we had that in Kim English already. This guy was suppose to be a much better player with a much better shot.

All I can say at this point is that I am very disappointed in this pick and I hope he improves drastically in the regular season or we wasted a chance to get a much better player.

vCash
    Some players take time to adjust to the NBA 3 point line.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Worst case scenario is Tony Allen-like. That would still be a solid addition for us.

Catches: 3 Yards: 38 TDs: 0

vCash
    I'm willing to give him a chance but I wish we had went with Trey Burke instead of KCP.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 63-80, games this week vs. Orioles (3), Royals (4)
    Indianapolis Colts: 0-1, Week 2 vs. Eagles
    Minnesota Timberwolves: New team, hoping for good things this season.
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

vCash
    Kim English always talked about defense, but he was never good at it. KCP is way more athletic and already a better defender than him.

His shot hasn't been falling, but overall, I've really liked him so far.

vCash
    Besides for his shot not falling I've been quite impressed with him. I love defense and he looks like he could be pretty good defensively. He's also not scared to shoot either so when that shot does start to come around Hes going to be a big time scorer. His athleticism has been nice as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    Besides for his shot not falling I've been quite impressed with him. I love defense and he looks like he could be pretty good defensively. He's also not scared to shoot either so when that shot does start to come around Hes going to be a big time scorer. His athleticism has been nice as well.
    Agreed. TBH, I don't think Hoog has actually watched him play. He probably only looked at his FG%.

vCash
    If he can be 80% of what Tony Allen is defensively and shoot 2x as good as Allen...I'd say he is a great addition to the team.
    Adopt A Piston: Brandon Jennings

PPG: 14
    APG: 4
    STL: 4

Times punched by a rapper:1

vCash
    If you watched him on his last game, he looked much more comfortable with the ball. He took it down the court for a nice 15 foot jump shot. He attacked the rim and laid it up.

vCash
    I don't want to judge him based on preseason and summer league, but I will admit I'm a LITTLE worried about his shot. Can't wait to see him in the real games, I think he's better using ball screens on the perimeter to get his shot than being a catch & shoot guy, but we'll see.

vCash
    I just want him to be a nuisance and cause turnovers and play good D.

Get this guy the ball!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todu82 View Post
    I'm willing to give him a chance but I wish we had went with Trey Burke instead of KCP.
    I was beyond pissed when we didn't draft Burke, because an upgrade at PG was a MUST! My pitchfork went away once we acquired Jennings(someone I suggested we look at). The fact that Burke was picked 1 pick later and then traded to Utah for 2 1st rd picks basically still doesn't sit well with me.

But back to KCP. I didn't know much about him(heard about him), I knew he was a standout at Georgia but I never seen him actually play. Don't take this the wrong way, but I see a lot of Daye in KCP. I just don't know what it is but he just reminds me of how people viewed Daye when he got drafted. Not really hyped up but we know he has some good potential. I remember when I said, our best draft pick was selected 57th overall(Peyton Siva) and thus far only going off the preseason it still looks that way.

AAL: Joesph Fauria
    YRDs: 46
    TDs:
    Cool TD Dances: ∞

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

vCash
    you guys are absolutely crazy lol. hes played in summer and preseason and some of you guys are already saying he looks like a bust. why freak out when it takes some shooters a couple years to develope. the guy can play lockdown d and brings 110% effort every night. let him play his game and the shot will come. hes looked better and better every game even if his shot hasnt been falling.
    BREAKOUT PLAYER OF THE YEAR..LEHGOO

DE 6'5 251 lbs OF PURE STEEL

#79 BIG WILLY YOUNG

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    I was beyond pissed when we didn't draft Burke, because an upgrade at PG was a MUST! My pitchfork went away once we acquired Jennings(someone I suggested we look at). The fact that Burke was picked 1 pick later and then traded to Utah for 2 1st rd picks basically still doesn't sit well with me.

But back to KCP. I didn't know much about him(heard about him), I knew he was a standout at Georgia but I never seen him actually play. Don't take this the wrong way, but I see a lot of Daye in KCP. I just don't know what it is but he just reminds me of how people viewed Daye when he got drafted. Not really hyped up but we know he has some good potential. I remember when I said, our best draft pick was selected 57th overall(Peyton Siva) and thus far only going off the preseason it still looks that way.
    People saw Kwame Brown in Drunmond, look at how that panned out. We all have high hopes for KCP. I don't think he's going to be a star, but he will be what we need, someone to shoot at the 2 instead of Stuckey

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Deception View Post
    People saw Kwame Brown in Drunmond, look at how that panned out. We all have high hopes for KCP. I don't think he's going to be a star, but he will be what we need, someone to shoot at the 2 instead of Stuckey
    True...I hope I'm wrong about KCP, I'm rooting for him to succeed

AAL: Joesph Fauria
    YRDs: 46
    TDs:
    Cool TD Dances: ∞

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast