Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    72,747
    vCash
    1500

    Game 15: Detroit Red Wings (6-4-2) @ Vancouver Canucks (9-4-1) - October 30, 2013

    .........................

    DETROIT RED WINGS @ VANCOUVER CANUCKS

    Wednesday: October 30th, 2013 @ 7:30 PM PT
    TV: TSN, RADIO: Team 1040

    GM PLACE



    TEAM LEADERS

    Code:
                        Vancouver:               Detroit:
    Goals:              Ryan Kesler - 8          Henrik Zetterberg - 6
    Assists:            Henrik Sedin - 14        Daniel Alfredsson - 8
    Points:             Henrik & Daniel - 17     Datsyuk/Zetterberg - 12
    Plus/Minus:         Kevin Bieksa - 10        Datsyuk/Zetterberg - 5
    PIM:                Daniel Sedin - 20        Kyle Quincey - 12
    GOALTENDER COMPARISON

    VS
    Jimmy Howard...Roberto Luongo

    9...GPI...11
    2.62...GAA...2.50
    .915...SV%....908
    1...SO...1

    ---------------------------------

    PREDICTIONS:

    Winner:

    Final score:

    GWG Scored in:

    First Star:


    GUESTS SIGN UP HERE!!!

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23,289
    vCash
    1000
    Vancouver: 4
    Detroit: 1

    Detroit's looked brutal this season, despite an okay record. We're lucky we're in the Eastern Conference. The West looks way more superior this season. I'm not really digging the lines tonight either. Dats and Z are split up. Weiss is on fourth line. Not your ****** Weiss, Stephen Weiss.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,899
    vCash
    1500

    Game 15: Detroit Red Wings (6-4-2) @ Vancouver Canucks (9-4-1) - October 30, 2013

    Man the Sedins are something else.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    72,747
    vCash
    1500
    Sedins are freakin ridiculous, but Tortorella probably isn't happy after tonight. Only 19 shots. Chalk this one up as an aberration and move on.

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23,289
    vCash
    1000
    The Sedins are simply amazing. The ice time that they log is ridiculous. Both of these teams suck at secondary scoring. It was basically a one line show

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    48,404
    vCash
    1500

    Game 15: Detroit Red Wings (6-4-2) @ Vancouver Canucks (9-4-1) - October 30, 2013

    The thin talent is going to catch up to both teams. Still surprisingly good game between them. There are some amazing players on both sides.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23,289
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    The thin talent is going to catch up to both teams. Still surprisingly good game between them. There are some amazing players on both sides.
    This is where I'm disagreeing. Detroit, unlike Vancouver, has the ability to have a real solid second and third line. Let's Kesler sticks with the Sedins. Outside of that, you have Higgins, Burrows, and Santorelli (who will slow down) as your secondary scorers. Detroit has Franzen, Alfredsson, and Weiss. They haven't done too much though. Weiss is coming from a completely opposite system and has been injured for 2 years. Franzen's inconsistent. Even after that, we have Dan Cleary, Gustav Nyquist up soon (watch him seriously), Justin Abdelkader, and Tomas Tatar. Darren Helm is capable of 30 points and he's expected to return Saturday.

    We can only go up from here. Vancouver, really can't go up that much further unless something big happens. I'm talking Kassian on line 1 performing, Kesler rebounds as a legit #2C again with Burrows as his #1 dude. Defense needs to step up. On paper, excellent, but hte rushes that team gave up is ridiculous. There should be no way Detroit had that 4 on 1. Lu stepped up big.

    And god damn, I had no idea the crowd was chanting "Lu" all night. I was wondering why they were boo'ing so often. Luongo was a monster in net.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    48,404
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    This is where I'm disagreeing. Detroit, unlike Vancouver, has the ability to have a real solid second and third line. Let's Kesler sticks with the Sedins. Outside of that, you have Higgins, Burrows, and Santorelli (who will slow down) as your secondary scorers. Detroit has Franzen, Alfredsson, and Weiss. They haven't done too much though. Weiss is coming from a completely opposite system and has been injured for 2 years. Franzen's inconsistent. Even after that, we have Dan Cleary, Gustav Nyquist up soon (watch him seriously), Justin Abdelkader, and Tomas Tatar. Darren Helm is capable of 30 points and he's expected to return Saturday.
    Above you just said that neither team had a second line. So I was just agreeing. You don't have to convince me that Gillis has done a pathetic job improving talent and depth on the Canucks lol.

    And god damn, I had no idea the crowd was chanting "Lu" all night. I was wondering why they were boo'ing so often. Luongo was a monster in net.
    Luongo is fantastic, and he's a class act all the way.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23,289
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Above you just said that neither team had a second line. So I was just agreeing. You don't have to convince me that Gillis has done a pathetic job improving talent and depth on the Canucks lol.



    Luongo is fantastic, and he's a class act all the way.
    I meant that we don't have a line to score other than our first (funny that lines 2 and 3 scored). If you check the statistics, it's basically just the top line (Z-D), Kronwall, and Alfredsson on the PP. We do have the talent though, for sure. It's justnot there. Vancouver doesn't have the talent, nor a second line. Detroit does have the talent, but doesn't have a second line.

    Luongo looked awesome. Didn't face too many shots (25?) but they were legit scoring chances. He ROBBED Abby. The second one was weak, despite the Chris Tanev screen. Tanev looked awful. Burrows looked real rusty.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    72,747
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I meant that we don't have a line to score other than our first (funny that lines 2 and 3 scored). If you check the statistics, it's basically just the top line (Z-D), Kronwall, and Alfredsson on the PP. We do have the talent though, for sure. It's justnot there. Vancouver doesn't have the talent, nor a second line. Detroit does have the talent, but doesn't have a second line.

    Luongo looked awesome. Didn't face too many shots (25?) but they were legit scoring chances. He ROBBED Abby. The second one was weak, despite the Chris Tanev screen. Tanev looked awful. Burrows looked real rusty.
    Tortorella says Tanev and Bieksa are his 2 favorite Dmen on the team.

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23,289
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Tortorella says Tanev and Bieksa are his 2 favorite Dmen on the team.
    Doesn't change the fact at all that Tanev looked like crap and got exposed. He's still really raw. I have no idea how you can consider him better than any of the big four. There's a reason why the big four continue to log more ice time, by a solid chunk too. Edler looked like the best defenseman that night.

    I paid close attention to Tanev after your comments in the off-season. Dude, I don't see what you see. He's not that good. He's very raw.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    72,747
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Doesn't change the fact at all that Tanev looked like crap and got exposed. He's still really raw. I have no idea how you can consider him better than any of the big four. There's a reason why the big four continue to log more ice time, by a solid chunk too. Edler looked like the best defenseman that night.

    I paid close attention to Tanev after your comments in the off-season. Dude, I don't see what you see. He's not that good. He's very raw.
    Ok. I'll take your 1 games worth of watching Vancouver over my (and everyone else's) 82 games of watching them.

    Sounds like Tortorella disagrees with you also:

    Colour John Tortorella a Chris Tanev fan.

    “He’s picked up how we want to play quicker than anybody out of the whole group,” the Vancouver Canucks coach explained of the 23-year-old defenceman Wednesday morning, in the midst of preparing to the play the Detroit Red Wings tonight. “When I was going through the interview process before I got this job, I watched a number of games, and Chris Tanev was one of the players that really stuck out to me.
    Last edited by sfgiants1213; 11-01-2013 at 02:25 PM.

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23,289
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Ok. I'll take your 1 games worth of watching Vancouver over my (and everyone else's) 82 games of watching them.

    Sounds like Tortorella disagrees with you also:
    Why are the big four logging a lot more minutes than him? Could you explain to me why? Your argument was AV doesn't play kids. If Torts loves Tanev so much, believes he's learning faster than everyone else, then why is everyone else playing more than him? Why was Tanev the only Canucks defenseman to get absolutely exposed by Detroit? Your arguments are flawed.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    72,747
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Why are the big four logging a lot more minutes than him? Could you explain to me why? Your argument was AV doesn't play kids. If Torts loves Tanev so much, believes he's learning faster than everyone else, then why is everyone else playing more than him? Why was Tanev the only Canucks defenseman to get absolutely exposed by Detroit? Your arguments are flawed.
    Tanev's minutes are lower than top 4 because He's the only defenseman that doesn't get powerplay time, besides Ryan Stanton. Tanev was the only Dman to get exposed last night because players have off nights.

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23,289
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Tanev's minutes are lower than top 4 because He's the only defenseman that doesn't get powerplay time, besides Ryan Stanton. Tanev was the only Dman to get exposed last night because players have off nights.
    Really? That's why?

    Take away every single one of their PP ice time per game and they're all still logging more ice time than Tanev. There goes your argument right there. Tanev's game is built around being a defensive defenseman with an okay two-way game. He's mobile. However, he gets exposed a lot. Not just last game. Quit taking this so personal. Tanev was exposed. He's a #4 at best in the league, and on this team, there's 4 better defenseman.

    Also, you od realize that I catch more Canuck games than just this, right? T

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •