Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

The demise of the 2004 pistons dynasty

At what point do u think the wheels fell of that bus and we just not realize it..was it the Chauncey/AI trade? Ben signing with Chicago? Drafting darko? At what point do u think dumars messed up what could have been multiple titles?

vCash
    Trading Chauncey, resigning Rip, not waiting an extra year to pursue bigger and better free agents.

vCash
    Probably when Big Ben left.

vCash
    I think if rasheed had not left robert horry open against the spurs we would of one that and gone for a 3peat and ben would of never left

vCash
    I honestly think we sealed our fate before we even won the title...yep us picking Darko over Melo/Wade/Bosh in the '03 Draft. When we started to become "old" those guys were becoming All-Stars. I still believe if we drafted Melo instead of Darko, we still would have traded for Rasheed. Ben never would have left(due to us winning in '05), and Billups would have never got traded(never would have happened anyway since Iverson wouldn't have gone to Denver with no Melo). We could have very well be sitting on at least 2 or 3 titles, and still contending with a superstar on par with the best in the league.

Ahh...What Ifs
    Last edited by JWO35; 10-30-2013 at 04:15 PM.