Wednesday, October 30 - 7:30 ET
    TV: FOX

-------------

RHP John Lackey vs RHP Michael Wacha

Name IP ERA K/9 BB/9 BABIP FIP
    Lackey 189.1 | 19.1 3.52 | 3.26 7.65 | 9.3 1.90 | 2.3 .281 3.86
    Wacha 64.2 | 27 2.78 | 1.00 9.05 | 9.3 2.64 | 2.7 .275 2.92

vCash
    So which one of y'all paid $12,000 for a ticket?

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    lmao

vCash
    @MaureenaMullen 16m
    #Cardinals still stuck in STL. Were supposed to take off 5 hours ago. #redsoxtalk

You'd think they would have the pull to get a different plane

vCash
    Its gods way of saying you ain't coming to our field and win.

vCash
    I don't think I've been more excited to see a potential series ending game ever. 2004 was just a magical ride and while it made sense that after coming back to beat NYY they just had 'an easier' time with the Cardinals since they basically won the real World Series already, but I wish it had happened in Boston. 2007 I felt Colorado had no shot anyways despite being undefeated in the postseason heading into that World Series so again winning in Denver was expected from me.

This one though, I think we all knew had the chance of going the distance. The fact that Boston was able to win 2 of 3 at STL was amazing and despite the blunders by both teams, this has been a wonderful and memorable World Series and for it to end with the chance that Boston wins at Fenway Park for the first time in nearly 100 years? For me this would be the most satisfying championship of all the titles that the pro teams have won these past 12yrs or so if not in all of the title victories that the Celtics, Bruins, Pats and Sox have won.

vCash
    Victorino coming back makes for choices.

Bats 2nd?

Bats 7-9th?

Comes in for D?

Nava isn't really up for playing RF in Fenway, but I don't want to see SV hitting 2nd. I'd rather have him in the lower 3rd with Drew and the catcher. SV would be interesting in the 9 hole actually.

With SV starting you get either Gomes or Nava for PH as well, as opposed to sitting Nava for SV coming in later for D.

I hope he takes cuts in the cage and makes some throws so they can see how ready he is. His heart is big, but we don't need an injured player out there.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    If SV is in the lineup, he needs to be batting in the lower part of the order. I have no problem with the lineup looking like this:

Ellsbury
    Pedroia
    Ortiz
    Napoli
    Gomes
    Bogaerts
    Victorino
    Ross
    Drew

Victorino is better at playing RF, but as you've mentioned Bags, they need to make sure that he's healthy. I would have no problem with starting Nava and having Victorino coming into the game later as a defensive replacement or pinch hitter.

vCash
    I'm considering going to the cask'n Flanagan for tonight's game. I just don't know if I want to drive out there yet

The Biggest Event Of the PSD Calendar Is Here!!!
    POSTERMANIA 4!!! Come Challenge a fellow PSD Friend
    Or Rival to a brawl and see Who the better poster is!!!!!
    Need More Details? Click Here or PM me! -Owner Riv

vCash
    So pumped for tonight. Hopefully we get to Wacha the second time around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BSD8393 View Post
    So pumped for tonight. Hopefully we get to Wacha the second time around.
    I would hardly say that 3 hits over 6 innings was getting to Wacha the first time around. Realistically we got to him on the one pitch that Papi put over the monster. The only thing the Sox did well against him was to make him throw pitches and get his pitch count up.

That being said Lackey really only gave up 1 of the 3 runs he was charged with in that game. The other two were runners that Lackey left on base before Breslow and Salty decided to throw the game away. We also should have a lot more data and video of Wacha to go over.

Blood, Sweat and Beards!!!!!

vCash
    That's why I said "hopefully we get to Wacha the second time around" and not "hopefully we get to Wacha just like we did in the first game". He pretty much dominated us with the exception of the Ortiz HR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BSD8393 View Post
    That's why I said "hopefully we get to Wacha the second time around" and not "hopefully we get to Wacha just like we did in the first game". He pretty much dominated us with the exception of the Ortiz HR.
    Ok I get it now. I think I was just reading it wrong. My appologies.

Blood, Sweat and Beards!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    Ok I get it now. I think I was just reading it wrong. My appologies.
    Haha that's what I figured. No hard feelings.

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast