Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Carmelo Anthony Plans to Recruit Free Agents to NY in 2014 Offseason

Ian Begley @IanBegley
    Melo says he will recruit FAs to NYC: "When the time comes we’ll be working on that. I have a big black book. I have a big rolodex." #Knicks
    2:03 PM - 29 Oct 2013
    104 RETWEETS 19 FAVORITES ReplyRetweetFavorite

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...2014-offseason
    Future Ace

vCash
    Can some one change the title to Carmelo
    Future Ace

vCash
    Is this after he tests the waters of free agency or we trade him because he is a cancer or, or, or, --- yea. right.

This is what will happen - we will hopefully do something akin to what the Clippers or the Nets do -- and have a real shot at winning.

And Melo will be recruiting all along. Duh. Imagine that Begley -- another ridiculous tweet.

As if all players on all teams don't try to recruit players to the team they are on. Go figure.
    you have to be trusted by the people that you lie to -pink floyd

1/23/14: This "team" is irreparably damaged

My Solution: Shut the team down until ALL current contracts expire. If players / coaches / execs can find jobs elsewhere - let them go get new contracts and cut ties completely.

Wait ~5years and relaunch as an expansion team.

Bring back 2 people -- no more, no less. 1: Walt Frazier 2: Herb Williams [Honorable Mention: Mike Breen]

vCash
    What if Melo opts out to be a free agent just to take less so we can get more cap space?... I mean he did say he needs to win

vCash
    Why is he opting out this season then? 2015 is when we have all the cap space.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    Well I'm ecstatic that he said this, because otherwise there might have been a whole lot of confusion in the locker room, which would lead to nothing but trouble. So just because he is opting out does not mean he wants to leave. Maybe he is trying to re-work his contract to make less,so that way we will have more money to surround him with a second star. ( one can only dream)
    But regardless, he has already stated that he loves it here in NY, and that he doesn't plan on leaving.and now he is saying how he want to help get other players to come to NY.
    I think he is saying all the right things and he seems like he genuinely likes it here.i just can't see him going any where,and if he did then I would be shocked!
    But I think the knicks will have a more successful season now that he has said this.
    One more day, and then knicks basketball is back,and in full effect
    The line up that I would like to see most is 1,ray,2,jr,3,Ron,4,mello,5,Tyson
    Bench,
    1pablo,2,shump,3,Timmy,4,Kmart,5,bargs
    And then the rest of the guys like amare,Beno,and murry can get a few mins here and there whenever possible .
    Although I really like murry and I wish he would see the court more than he will ,it's just nice to have him on the team for insurance reasons.
    And than the other guys like cole and c.smith I really don't care what they do,I don't even think they should have made the team.but that wasn't my decision to make.
    All in all I can't wait till tomorrow .
    Knicks tape!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    If you believe any of this nonsense then I have a team in Brooklyn to sell you.... ( I do tho)

vCash
    Even if Anthony plays for FREE we wouldn't be able to sign free agents to anything more than the minimum next season. We have to wait two seasons to rebuild or trade now to upgrade the roster. A quick fix would be to give Golden State Bargnani for David Lee. It's what they wanted this summer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    Why is he opting out this season then? 2015 is when we have all the cap space.
    why does it matter if he takes less then we are good it would be a win win situation what if he opts in and then gets injured in 2014 do you think the knicks would give him a good contract no he's just playing it safe now this only makes sense if he takes less if he doesn't then idk and nobody is even available in 2014 but who cares anyway our current squad has what it takes to go all the way this year i can't wait for the first game

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seizabmc View Post
    Well I'm ecstatic that he said this, because otherwise there might have been a whole lot of confusion in the locker room, which would lead to nothing but trouble. So just because he is opting out does not mean he wants to leave. Maybe he is trying to re-work his contract to make less,so that way we will have more money to surround him with a second star. ( one can only dream)
    But regardless, he has already stated that he loves it here in NY, and that he doesn't plan on leaving.and now he is saying how he want to help get other players to come to NY.
    I think he is saying all the right things and he seems like he genuinely likes it here.i just can't see him going any where,and if he did then I would be shocked!
    But I think the knicks will have a more successful season now that he has said this.
    One more day, and then knicks basketball is back,and in full effect
    The line up that I would like to see most is 1,ray,2,jr,3,Ron,4,mello,5,Tyson
    Bench,
    1pablo,2,shump,3,Timmy,4,Kmart,5,bargs
    And then the rest of the guys like amare,Beno,and murry can get a few mins here and there whenever possible .
    Although I really like murry and I wish he would see the court more than he will ,it's just nice to have him on the team for insurance reasons.
    And than the other guys like cole and c.smith I really don't care what they do,I don't even think they should have made the team.but that wasn't my decision to make.
    All in all I can't wait till tomorrow .
    Knicks tape!!!!!!!!!
    it looks like you are going to get your wish i called it when mwp signed no way would woody choose o over d and imo that is the best line up to start games but i want bargs and amare to play together off the bench bargs is the perfect 5 to play with stat and stat looked good in his debut i can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung N Fly View Post
    What if Melo opts out to be a free agent just to take less so we can get more cap space?... I mean he did say he needs to win
    Yes I think this the case.

vCash
    LOL Who is Melo going to recruit? Anthony Carter? There's no cap space you idiot. Either opt in for one year or shut the **** up. Man, this guy can be annoying sometimes.

vCash
    Melo is better off leaving

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Even if Melo opted out and resigned for free, I don't think he is recruiting anyone next season. We are way over, no?

I guess if he opts out and takes less this offseason, its one less thing we have to worry about in 2015.

Is there anyway to structure his contract so that he makes max next year, but way less for 2015 to create space? then go on receiving the max for the duration of the deal because we would be well over anyway?

vCash
    If Melo is using FA as leverage to get the max $130mil from Dolan then I wish he would leave now......

If he does stay for less we NEED to get Rondo....maybe not now but in 2015 when he's a FA. No way we win a ring with Melo W/O a pure PG who is a true floor general(No offense to Ray because I love Ray)....some to tell Melo to STFU and run the play......
    Last edited by FYL_McVeezy; 11-01-2013 at 11:46 AM.

JETS KNICKS YANKEES

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast