Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nolan Carroll

vCash

Nolan Carroll

I would never make a thread about a player, but i feel this is necessary. He is absolutely abysmal. Every time the ball is thrown his way, something good happens for the other team. Maybe he is average on special teams, but why is this guy on the team?

Honestly. I guess this is just a Nolan Carroll thread. We dont have Henne around to post youtube videos about anymore...

vCash
    Because he isn't that bad. Ranked 49th of 108 on PFF and is better than anything we have on the team. Hell both of our rookies cant even make the active roster.

Also he has only a 48% catch percentage allowed, 13th best in the league.

vCash
    Don't blame Nolan Carroll for being Nolan Carroll - he is what he is - an average CB better off as a CB4 or CB5 on a team.

Blame Ireland for not being to hit either of his 2nd or 3rd round picks invested into the position. They can't even push Jimmy Wilson or our other roster fodder CB for playing time let alone Nolan Carroll. Hell, Nolan's like a one man "legion of boom" compared to Ireland's draft picks.

vCash
    Carroll hasn't played bad for the position he's been put in. He should be a fourth corner like others have said and he's been forced to start until the past week or so. Davis and Taylor have been disappointing so far but most of that has been injuries. The experience Carroll is getting now is good for next year when the team has a more realistic shot at making more of a push.

vCash
    Carrol is on the team because he is our 3rd best db. Like it or not he is better than our other options

vCash
    We've given up 1 TD to a WR this year (Dobson on Sunday)...guess who got destroyed in coverage for the TD

Carroll.

vCash
    Carroll has started 5 games and only given up 1 TD? It's hard to believe you complain about 1 TD.

vCash
    Listen not giving up touchdowns is not the end all be all. I agree with what was said earlier about Carroll being at best a 4th cb/ special teamer. Its a rough spot for him soo why is he constanstanly on the other team's #1 wr. It makes no sense. Our def has taken a huge step backwards this year. Hopefully its just growing pains. But I look around the league and see Davis and Smith. 2 young monster cb's who we decided we didn't need. Instead we brought in older retreads. Grimes and Patterson have played well but neither is a long term solution. Here we had two guys who would have been cheaper on long term deals if we would have signed them but we instead went short term with older guys and let them go. Both appear to becoming high quality young cbs. I never understood that move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Carroll has started 5 games and only given up 1 TD? It's hard to believe you complain about 1 TD.
    lmao it's my fault teams don't target him in the redzone? i was just keepin it quiet so they wouldn't find out our worst player was constantly on the field.

So if a team threw at carroll every play until they were inside the 5 and ran the ball in, he wouldn't be playing bad? TDs dont mean everything bud.

but way to twist one thing into a completely other thing kid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whitekimbo View Post
    We've given up 1 TD to a WR this year (Dobson on Sunday)...guess who got destroyed in coverage for the TD

Carroll.
    The fact that this is the first TD he's given up all year is pretty amazing.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    The fact that this is the first TD he's given up all year is pretty amazing.
    Not when you realize teams haven't been targeting their WRs in the redonze. They always go to their TE or RB

And not another corner gave us a TD yet...only one was him. Not Jamar Taylor, Not Grimes, not Patterson. It's not that i think he's bad because he did, but i knew our first to a WR would be because of him.

That's his first TD given up to a WR. remember when he got destroyed by the rookie Dobson on that double move?
    I'm not counting whenever Carroll covers the TE's or the RBs like sproles

vCash
    je is one of many weaknesses this team has. thanks iredouche

vCash
    Ireland seemed to be perilously blase about our OL and CB strength. Then again why do Smith and Davis do better after they leave? Might as well torch the whole thing and get a stud GM like the niners, seahawks and Packers did

vCash
    I'm definitely not going to say that I'm a fan of Carroll, but he's only bad because he's constantly on the field. If we could ONLY use him as depth in very short doses, then he would be just fine. But him as a starter...horrifying IMO. But that's not on him; that's on the depth/talent of the position.
    Thanks again Phins1983!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whitekimbo View Post
    lmao it's my fault teams don't target him in the redzone? i was just keepin it quiet so they wouldn't find out our worst player was constantly on the field.

So if a team threw at carroll every play until they were inside the 5 and ran the ball in, he wouldn't be playing bad? TDs dont mean everything bud.

but way to twist one thing into a completely other thing kid.
    I am not saying Carroll is good. You just can't hype on the 1 TD he has given up when he has started 5 games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast