Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Clippers' summer of success nearly thrown into chaos by owner

This is a long article so click the link for the whole thing. It's pretty insane how much goes on behind the scenes that we don't know about. This is a good read.

In the early afternoon hours of July 3, owner Donald Sterling called Los Angeles Clippers president Andy Roeser and informed him he had rescinded approval on moving Eric Bledsoe and acquiring free agent J.J. Redick in a sign-and-trade agreement. The three-team deal delivered the owner's blessing only two days earlier no longer interested Sterling.

Call it off, Sterling instructed Roeser, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Deal's dead.

It didn't matter the news had broken 24 hours earlier of the Clippers sending Bledsoe and Caron Butler to the Phoenix Suns with the Suns' Jared Dudley and Milwaukee's Redick, on a four-year, $27 million contract, joining Los Angeles. It didn't matter the public had been praising Doc Rivers' first deal as the new senior vice president of basketball operations and coach, that Rivers and general manager Gary Sacks had given their word to teams, agents and players that this was a finalized agreement.

After Sterling vaporized the deal on July 3, leaving chaos in his wake, the owner bolted for a beachfront holiday weekend in parts unknown. From the Suns' and Bucks' front offices to Redick's agent, Arn Tellem, to the credibility of the Clippers franchise itself, those involved understood that perhaps only Rivers had the freshly minted cachet and power of persuasion to undo this looming disaster with Sterling.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--cl...012846814.html

vCash
    Nothing new with this owner. But at least they got their players.

Sim League Spurs
    Gary Payton | Tim Duncan
    2000-01: NBA Finalist
    2001-02: First Round

vCash
    Typical DTS. Not surprised

ACE
    1-1
    7.50 ERA
    12.0 IP
    12 K
    1.33 WHIP

vCash
    Sterling and Dolan are easily two of the worst owners in sports. I hate it when owners prevent GM's from doing their jobs
    Future Ace

vCash
    Such an upsetting article. Much as I expected... we are turning the corner in SPITE of Sterling. Thanks to a damn good front office that has risen from the ashes the last 3-4 years. Am I sadistic for saying I'll probably celebrate when this guy dies? He seems like such a wicked, selfish, corrupt guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Such an upsetting article. Much as I expected... we are turning the corner in SPITE of Sterling. Thanks to a damn good front office that has risen from the ashes the last 3-4 years. Am I sadistic for saying I'll probably celebrate when this guy dies? He seems like such a wicked, selfish, corrupt guy.
    Yes.
    I survived Stephon Marbury's inability
    Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson era
    I survived them all leaving, a 12-70 season and not getting the #1 pick
    Mikhail Prokhorov buys the Nets
    I survived Melodrama
    Deron Williams traded here
    I survived 248 games missed due to injury, 5 d-league call-ups, 14 different lineups in ONE season, Johan Petro
    I survived Dwightmare
    I survived Avery & PJC's rotations
    THE Offseason - Success TBD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyPalahniuk View Post
    Yes.
    Maybe harsh. I sure as hell won't be sad though.

vCash
    Wow, you have mental health issues. Seriously.

vCash
    I think he needs to stay on his vacations and stay out of the franchise's basketball related decisions.

vCash
    The dumb*** Asian looking POS needs to. Just like the Raiders needed Al Davis gone to start improving, Clippers need the same thing from Sterling.
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyPalahniuk View Post
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by big_w View Post
    You realize that Sterling actually is a complete dick right? He is a racist, discriminating douchebag who heckled his own damn players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by big_w View Post
    At least I won't try to kill you

vCash
    Ima say like my man said-this is a sign of good things

If VDN, Olshey, of Dunleavy ever did this DTS would slap the **** out of them. This is a GREAT sign for LAC that doc got DTS to overturn his ways

ACE
    1-1
    7.50 ERA
    12.0 IP
    12 K
    1.33 WHIP

vCash
    Media licking Doc Rivers balls, shocker.

vCash
    He's the same guy that got personal and childish when Baron Davis was on the team. Garbage owner like Dolan. Neither have any business running a sports franchise.

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    In 30-40 years Nets will have the most championships in NBA history, you can quote me on it. Nobody has an owner like mine.

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    Fact is I would take Brook over Dwight, I wanted Dwight over Brook for this team because Nets have two 20 point scorers in JJ and Deron but if I was starting a team it would be Brook he is more of a franchise player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WAYNEBO View Post
    He's the same guy that got personal and childish when Baron Davis was on the team. Garbage owner like Dolan. Neither have any business running a sports franchise.
    He regularly shouted "You're fat!" to Baron Davis during the games.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast