Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    32,376
    vCash
    1500

    Still no love for Wally

    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articl...ng-272670.html

    If this report is accurate, count the Tigers out.

    Guess its back to Vegas after all for Wally Ball.
    "Gods always behave like the people who make them."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    7,034
    vCash
    1500

    Still no love for Wally

    I still think he will wind up on an MLB staff if he isn't too stubborn

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    81,657
    vCash
    1500
    A certain somebody will hire him to be their son's pee wee league manager.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Northport, LI
    Posts
    1,236
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    A certain somebody will hire him to be their son's pee wee league manager.
    I'm sure that's the last thing he'll be hired for.
    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    18,798
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    I still think he will wind up on an MLB staff if he isn't too stubborn
    Other teams don't have fond memories of Wally B the way the Mets and Mets fans do. To the other 29 teams, he's one of 30 AAA managers. I don't see Wally getting a chance as a coach for another team unless he has a connection to the manager. Wally will probably manage with the Mets AAA team, and when Collins contract expires in 2 years Wally's name will come up for the Mets job.
    “The Wilpons and Mr. Saul Katz — the people who say they don’t care about the team are sorely misguided,” Ojeda told the newspaper. “These are the biggest Mets fans you will meet."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    32,376
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet:27299149
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    I still think he will wind up on an MLB staff if he isn't too stubborn
    Other teams don't have fond memories of Wally B the way the Mets and Mets fans do. To the other 29 teams, he's one of 30 AAA managers. I don't see Wally getting a chance as a coach for another team unless he has a connection to the manager. Wally will probably manage with the Mets AAA team, and when Collins contract expires in 2 years Wally's name will come up for the Mets job.
    Can everyone's favorite one-trick pony last that long?
    "Gods always behave like the people who make them."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Manhattan, NYC
    Posts
    21,330
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Can everyone's favorite one-trick pony last that long?
    Terry is just a transitional manager just like George Cheeseburger.

    His new contract just proves that the Mets aren't planning to win until 2037, when a 78 year old Wally will take his rightful place like Davey Johnson did in 1984.

    Of course, at that point Wally will be so old that he'll be a transitional manager like Terry Collins.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Posts
    16,583
    vCash
    1500
    I have not read anything related to Wally interviewing with any team. If TC fails during the season I see Tim Teufel as the his interim successor.

    Wally is stuck in the minors.

    Don't Know If She Plays SS, But I'd Take A Chance

    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

    ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •