Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Corner back debacle

Not to start a fight, but more of a debate..

If Cro wasn't paid as much as he was or a "vet" wouldn't or shouldn't he b benched... Dee is a rookie- yes he has played like ***** but a rookie, can get better..

What is Cro's deal??

N don't get me started on Wilson!!

We need secondary help!! Of course easier said then done
    We got this!!!

vCash
    The buccs season is over. Id send a first and third back to Tampa for our revis back ;(

vCash
    Cro is hurt and it shows. Milliner isn't ready. Its scary for a 1st round pick, but with the injuries its not unheard of. Especially at that position with all the rules in favor of the offense.

Wilson has actually been very steady this year. The reason you don't hear his name more is because he isn't getting burnt more. He won't be Revis, because no one is. NO ONE. Wilson has been good though.

vCash
    I understand no one is Revis.. But if Cro is hurt sit down .. Dee yea hurt but #9? Scary with those injuries..
    We got this!!!

vCash
    The thing that bothers me the most is there are corners that were picked wayyyyy behind milliner and are playing so much better then him!!! He needs to get his **** together and start playing better... He's not even playing good enough to be a college corner

vCash
    I'm not all that convinced that Cro's poor play is due to his injury. CBs are a very inconsistent peformers (unless your Revis and dominate year after year). However if he doesn't improve, saving the 9.5 million to cut him wouldn't look too bad. However, no CBs are stepping up right now. Milliner looks lost and looks like Mo Claiborne 2.0. Walls has shown flashes. Wilson is strictly a Nickel.

CB is potentially a position we may have to address in FA (since we have had no luck in finding them in drafts). Sam Shields is available. Packers fans rave about that guy's ability to cover not only slot receivers great, but #2s and #1s. Tramaine Brock's a guy I would love to get a hand on.

Or we could just pay 10 million to get the best cover FS in the game in Jairus Byrd. He'd solve a lot of problems.
    <div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://imgick.nj.com/home/njo-media/twobox/img/jets_impact/photo/11869870-large.jpg target=_blank>http://imgick.nj.com/home/njo-media/...9870-large.jpg</a></div>

#YearOfTheHill

vCash
    If the Jets end up ever spending big money on a cornerback in free agency, I might hang myself.

vCash
    I've said it multiple times, Cro's poor play isn't because of injury. He has been flat out terrible, one of the worst cornerbacks in the league statistically. Actually in the bottom 5.

I PRAISED Cromartie last year, he was a complete STUD. He sucks this year, and if the Jets save 8mil (or w/e the number was) by cutting him at the end of this season..... it has to be done.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    Cro is a very good corner, but has a bad habit of grabbing and hand fighting instead of just covering.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    I understand thinking injuries are an excuse, but who are you to say his injuries have nothing to do with what he has done this seasons. Hips are terribly important and his is hurt. Obviously if its that bad maybe he should sit but he can't cause the next man up is filling in for Milliner who is the first man down.

vCash
    our cornerback situation is the worst it been in years.... we need the tall corner like cro for the mega-trons etc. in cros defense he is banged up and primarily on #1 wr's.. in his criticism ive said it an earlier post... he is the guy we beat to get into the playoffs/ or was it a playoff win when he was with the chargers.. he is what he was when on the chargers...we have seen his poor tackling (he looks scared to take a hit or give a big hit.) he is always acting like he did something on plays the wr drops or just cant hold on to the ball when going to the ground.....rex has hyped this guys game... and this year our cb, and safeties are not intimidating or super hard hitters..(part player, part rules).. teams see that and are testing us more.....also is dennis Thurman still the dbacks coach or someone else....
    also took the quote from the paper I think manish has it as....Instead, Ryan is dealing with Idzik’s first-round rookie cornerback Dee Milliner, who would have been shipped to NFL Europe by now if it still existed. The No. 9 overall pick resembles a latter-day Elvis Patterson, a walking toaster, through the first two months of his career.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2j79mKwdQ
    so im going to leave milliner alone.. but he is a liability.... the jets don't have enough quality pro corners on the roster....
    lastly slap me silly.... where is Hollywood Rhodes playing.. haven't seen him I know hes not with Arizona... we need turnover makers.....I liked Rhodes.. one of my guys....he would be good to defend the tight ends...to bad he's not a hard hitter.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets012 View Post
    I'm not all that convinced that Cro's poor play is due to his injury. CBs are a very inconsistent peformers (unless your Revis and dominate year after year). However if he doesn't improve, saving the 9.5 million to cut him wouldn't look too bad. However, no CBs are stepping up right now. Milliner looks lost and looks like Mo Claiborne 2.0. Walls has shown flashes. Wilson is strictly a Nickel.

CB is potentially a position we may have to address in FA (since we have had no luck in finding them in drafts). Sam Shields is available. Packers fans rave about that guy's ability to cover not only slot receivers great, but #2s and #1s. Tramaine Brock's a guy I would love to get a hand on.

Or we could just pay 10 million to get the best cover FS in the game in Jairus Byrd. He'd solve a lot of problems.
    I don't buy into your theory of CB's being inconsistent performers. I think you get what you see. You'd actually have to make a case - list examples - i.e. back up your statements.
    Wilson has always struggled, Revis never did, Cromartie hasn't until this year. He was a pro-bowler last year and now can't keep up with anyone. I really believe he is injured. He's 29 - I don't think he's over the hill.
    Milliner has been an unmitigated disaster. I wish I could believe that his time missed in camp is why he's behind. I'm not so sure. Time will tell. He needs to be benched for the rest of the year IMO. He's obviously not reasy to take the field.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 10-29-2013 at 10:14 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    If the Jets end up ever spending big money on a cornerback in free agency, I might hang myself.
    Let me know where I should send the flowers to.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Maybe Cro is injured, but what matters is that he is playing bad. Nothing more needs to be said about Milliner, except that he could get better with more playing experience, which is a quandry. Wilson is not good. Once the play is behind him, he has no idea how to turn his head back to the ball. He also constantly gives receives too large of a cushion, likely because he can't recover if they get behind him. He will not be a Jet next year.

If I were Rex, I would bench all 3 against the Saints to start the game. Send a message, and start Walls, Lankster & Trufant, and see what happens. This seems radical, but the truth of the matter is that the other 3 demonstrated that they couldn't cover any of the Bengal receivers for more than 2 seconds, and it was the same against the Titans. Why will that improve against the Saints? They have no ability to cover big, physical receivers.

It must also be said that they are not getting any help from Landry. I've never seen a FS who has been less involved, who never seems to be in position to get his hands on the ball. 1 Int, 4 PDs, and 25 tackles is very weak thru 8 games. Seriously, he needs to be benched as well. None of these guys are displaying any kind of ball skills, and it is killing us.

The DBs are such a liability now, I can't see how we can recover. The formula seems simple enough, assuming you have an accurate QB. Pass like crazy, pick on the CBs, and release the pass within 3 seconds to neutralize the rush. Every team has likely caught onto this by now. Rex has to get creative to deal with this very significant problem.

BTW, the DB coach is Tim McDonald, in his first year. Probably factors into the situation, perhaps teaching ineffective technique.

I hate being this negative, but this has been a problem from week 1, and seems to be getting worse.

vCash
    So your plan is to sit our best corner backs against one of the best offenses to send a message. Our defense sucks on the first possession anyways. I have said it before. I understand not wanting the offense to potentially go 3 and our and start of losing the field position battle, but our defense always sucks the 1st drive of the game.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast