Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What would you do to not have Jimmy Graham play this week?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Give up my first born son.

0 0%
  • One month, no pleasuring myself.

6 46.15%
  • Find and eat Drew Bree's face mole.

1 7.69%
  • Not anything. Just put Wilkerson against him

3 23.08%
  • Watch Kellen Clemens start a game for us!

3 23.08%
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

NFL Week 9: New York Jets vs New Orleans Saints

NFL Week 9
    VS

The New Orleans Saints(6-1) vs The New York Jets (4-4)

Sunday November 3 at 1:00 PM ET

Players To Watch
    All stats from Week 8 of 2013 Season. All Players are Starters or Healthy Options

Quarterback

~VS~

Geno Smith, QB #7 1882 Yards / 8 TDs 13-INT / 59.3 CMP% /71.6 QB Rating
    Drew Brees QB #9 - 2290 Yards /19-TDs 5-INT / 67.5 CMP% / 109.2 QB Rating

Running Back

~VS~

Blial Powell, RB #29 - 100 Carries / 385 Yards/ 3.9 YPC / 1 TD
    Pierre Thomas RB #23 - 73 Carries / 253 Yards/ 3.5 YPC/ 0 TDs

Wide Receiver

~VS~

Jeremy Kerley, WR #11 - 27 Catches / 346 Yards / 2 TDs
    Marques Colston, WR #12 - 27 Catches / 342 YDS / 1 TD

Tight End

~VS~

Jeff Cumberland, TE #87 - 15 Catches / 248 Yards / 2 TDs
    Jimmy Graham TE #80 - 40 Catches / 630 YDS / 8 TDs

Kicker

~VS~

Nick Folk, K #2 - 19 FGM / 19 FGA / 12 XPM / 12 XPA
    Garrett Hartley, K #5 - 14 FGM / 18 FGA / 22 XPM / 22 XPA

Tackles Leader

~VS~

David Harris, LB #52 - 58
    Curtis Lofton, LB #50 - 55

Sacks Leader

~VS~

Muhammad Wilkerson, DE #96 - 7.0
    Cameron Jordan, DE #94 - 6.0

Interceptions Leader

~VS~

Muhammad Wilkerson, DE #96 - 1
    Kennan Lewis, CB #28, - 3

LETS GO JETS!

vCash
    My sources tell me that Rex is putting in some new defensive looks to stop Brees..D-Rex might totally redeem themselves..

!Tank the season for Bridgewater!

vCash
    Couldn't stop Andy Dalton.... Now they're up against the best offense in the NFC, and the second best in the NFL.

Glad I have Drew Brees on my fantasy team, because the Jets are ****ed.

vCash
    Thats not how it works. Not if our defense is good. Good luck to you but I hope the Jets are the reason your fantasy team crashes and burns this week.

vCash
    You guys know what really sucks? We'll almost certainly be 4-5 after the Saints game, but then after our bye week, we don't have a very difficult schedule at all. Our last 7 games are against teams that it would not be surprising at all if he beat any of them. (BUF, BAL, MIA, OAK, CAR, CLE, MIA)

Which means one thing, we'll win just enough games to finish 9-7 or 8-8, miss the playoffs, and end up picking in the second half of the 1st round, likely meaning we miss out on Sammy Watkins and Mike Evans, and since it seems unlikely we're gonna make a trade for Josh Gordon, we'll go into next season with the same problem we have now. An offense with Geno Smith who throws a lot of interceptions and still little to no weapons on offense to work with.

Hate to be so negative, but do you guys honestly see this playing out differently? I definitley see us not making a trade for Gordon or Blackmon, and the top 2 or 3 WR's being off the board already, so we draft another defensive player, then maybe in round 2 or 3 we take a WR like we did with Hill, and still not have a #1 WR threat.
    Last edited by bklynny67; 10-29-2013 at 01:42 AM.

vCash
    Here's a game we can win. Although to do it...the defense has to function properly.

If that's handled we can drop 27-35 on the Saints and get the W.....

Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    From Who They to Who that. We have to answer the bell this time.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    You guys know what really sucks? We'll almost certainly be 4-5 after the Saints game, but then after our bye week, we don't have a very difficult schedule at all. Our last 7 games are against teams that it would not be surprising at all if he beat any of them. (BUF, BAL, MIA, OAK, CAR, CLE, MIA)

Which means one thing, we'll win just enough games to finish 9-7 or 8-8, miss the playoffs, and end up picking in the second half of the 1st round, likely meaning we miss out on Sammy Watkins and Mike Evans, and since it seems unlikely we're gonna make a trade for Josh Gordon, we'll go into next season with the same problem we have now. An offense with Geno Smith who throws a lot of interceptions and still little to no weapons on offense to work with.

Hate to be so negative, but do you guys honestly see this playing out differently? I definitley see us not making a trade for Gordon or Blackmon, and the top 2 or 3 WR's being off the board already, so we draft another defensive player, then maybe in round 2 or 3 we take a WR like we did with Hill, and still not have a #1 WR threat.
    Even if they are gone a good receiver is going to drop. And there are some damned good tight ends. We will be better. Trades are rare in the NFL so you are right tat the trade might not happen, but to think every weapon is going to be taken in less then half of round one is just wrong.

vCash
    ok ... first thing is big wilk is not the interceptions leader... #39 has 2 I thought... one against brady for the runback td... and one a few weeks earlier.... not sure... but it was a great play by the big fella...lol....
    second we might be set at tight end with the young gronk on our team... not sure again... also its going to be very hard to beat the saints passing game... our team was kind of exposed and there is no scheme to hide milliner.. except the bench...so rex will have his hands full...

but I would like to see rex with his rob suit on this week being holloween and all... take some shots at your twin rex... media will not like it after the loss we had (I try not to think about it) I wonder does the gm's rules included muzzling the fun jabs at his brother....lol...... I think the team might need a little lightening of the room so to say, with a possible dejavu game two weeks in a row...we do not need a butterfly effect game... so anything to clear some tension this week. maybe no hanky panky this week....no no the horizontal momba is suppose to relieve tension... anyway if the jets are going to cover the spread it going to be based on the defensive backs stopping the passing game.......
    the second half of the year is no gimme... I don't see any team in the nfl as an easy win....any given sunday... the jets have a tendency of playing up to good teams and playing down to bad teams...so we can not take any game lightly....Miami is always hard for the jets... even when they had stupiano as there head coach....and the super bowl champs.. cam newton.... no way is any game a winnable with confidence... have you seen our secondary.... all these teams like to air it out..... and have seen us last week... until cro can prove he is healthy and d milliner can look back.. we will see teams take shots... we are still average to below average against the no huddle.... sorry but I thought the secondary was going to be good and after last week.. we will be targeted... until we fix the secondary we are in trouble... I want to be wrong I hope last week was one of those let down after the patriots game we seem to always have.., so don't go overboard with the criticism or hate but its an opinion....

vCash
    Jets will win just like I believe they will every week!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    Jets will win just like I believe they will every week!
    I feel the same way.. but last week it was we might win after the first quarter, and by halftime .......we need to stay in the games ...first .. also I would like to win one/two games by more than 14 this year...

vCash
    This game will be just like last week IMO. I just want to split our next 4 games.

vCash
    I disagree Dmag. I think its the exact opposite of last week. Even though they passed to well it doesn't matter Cinci is a team build on power in the trenches, where as NO is built around speed timing and finesse. Cinci is hot now, but this is a better offensive team, more consistently, and they do it a completely different way.

I don't think their receivers are as good (not that they are bad, but not as athletic in my mind.) and hopefully that can lead to a different result.

vCash
    Logic would say that after last week the chances are slim. Brees is a top QB in this league. The tight end position has eaten us alive for the past 5 years and we are playing the best one in the league (yes, in terms of receiving he's better than Gronk). Their defense is playing good football for the most part and we haven't played too well at home this season overall.

But thankfully, the Saints are not good on the road. This isn't the superdome. I'm praying its a cold day in the Meadowlands and our fans make some noise. We need this win going into the bye if you want playoffs.

vCash
    Saints offense is as good if not better than Bengals. Totally different team though.

We can win any game as proven and also lose any game as proven.

Defense must play up to their ability. Our offense cannot have all those 3 and outs. That's it!!!! We must score regularly and take clock time.

Come on Jets. Dig deep and show us greatness. Winwinwin!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dem Phils!!! View Post
    Saints offense is as good if not better than Bengals. Totally different team though.

We can win any game as proven and also lose any game as proven.

Defense must play up to their ability. Our offense cannot have all those 3 and outs. That's it!!!! We must score regularly and take clock time.

Come on Jets. Dig deep and show us greatness. Winwinwin!!!
    Jimmy Graham will get more looks but still on a snap count. Comparing the Saints weapons with a slowed Graham isn't even close, no disrespect to Brees. The Bengals have two very dangerous TE's, an elite WR in AJ Green and one of the hottest #2 WR's in Marvin Jones added to a solid running game and OLine that protects well and a QB who releases quickly and accurately. I truly believe they will be in the Super Bowl. Hands down the best team in the AFC.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast