Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Run Defense

vCash

Run Defense

Its week 9 and the Raiders are ranked #6 against the run and this is no anomaly. Three times they have held a team under 40 yards rushing and have not allowed a run longer than 19 yards all season. I can say with confidence just from watching this is the best run D since 02. A lot of people thought the D was going to be horrible but they keep getting better every week.

vCash
    Agreed.To bad were like #32 in passing the ball lol.Defense is looking real sharp.I smell lamarr,woodson to the probowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    Agreed.To bad were like #32 in passing the ball lol.Defense is looking real sharp.I smell lamarr,woodson to the probowl.
    Yea Houston is a beast playing for a contract this year he is easily our best lineman by far

vCash
    it's great having a run D...man....feels like we never ever had one.
    believing what you believe in. sticking up for your rights and sticking up for the rights of others from time to time. do it your way. don't let the culture tell you what to do. that's being a Raider. -Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by obie View Post
    it's great having a run D...man....feels like we never ever had one.
    Hey obie,**** the eagles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    Hey obie,**** the eagles.
    shh...it's still week 8!
    believing what you believe in. sticking up for your rights and sticking up for the rights of others from time to time. do it your way. don't let the culture tell you what to do. that's being a Raider. -Al Davis

vCash
    This is one nasty run Defense I think we add one pass rusher we can be like the Chiefs when we have the lead. They attack QBs when they're up ahead. Their pass rushers just go fishing for the QB relentlessly.
    “You don’t adjust. You just dominate.”
    -Al Davis
    Reggie Please draft Aaron Donald.

vCash
    If Allen or Tarver are let go in the offseason I will be extremely disappointed. They created a stout defense after 1 season with names no one else knows around the league.

Think what these guys can do with a defense as they continue getting the right pieces. Man I'm amped up about the future.

It's time to string together a winning streak against the less than stellar NFC East. If the offense plays 4 quarters we could be over .500 in 2 weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laek View Post
    This is one nasty run Defense I think we add one pass rusher we can be like the Chiefs when we have the lead. They attack QBs when they're up ahead. Their pass rushers just go fishing for the QB relentlessly.
    Jared Allen?

vCash
    Jared Allen?
    I'm afraid to see his asking price. You know he will demand a lot although he's losing a step or two. When the bronocs lose in the playoffs I'm sure they will get him.

vCash
    Jared Allen?
    Jared Allen sounds but with the cap we have next year we can get a young elite pass rusher. I like a DE like Hardy.
    “You don’t adjust. You just dominate.”
    -Al Davis
    Reggie Please draft Aaron Donald.

vCash
    Jared Allen?
    I wouldn't like it. RM's been making a lot of solid and smart moves, I know Allen's pretty beastly, but given his age and what his asking price probably will be, I don't think it falls in line with the type of moves we've been making. I think we need to solidify ourselves as a team first, and then start making these types of moves. Really the focus needs to be on offense, in particular o line. Doesn't make sense to blow so much extra money on an already very good defense.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    all true about Allen. wouldn't be against it for a fair price. would def love to see a young hungry DE opposite of Houston instead.

as much as this season has turned out to be interested, i'm so anxious to see what RM does next off season with all that money.

vCash
    Tarver is becoming the bad *** coach we need him to be!

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    This is just the beginning. We have a LOT of money to play with next year. Help on offense AND defense is on the way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast