Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Jared Allen

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    300
    vCash
    1500

    Jared Allen

    Hey guys,

    So I posted last week about Richard Seymour and it seems like that was a non-starter. Well, after this week's game it seems like our defense really needs to get something going. If our DBs can't cover the receivers, then our D line needs to get more pressure.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...de-jared-allen

    I saw this link earlier today and found the idea interesting. I don't know how we'd accommodate Allen's salary, but maybe if we sent some salary their way too (maybe in the form of Miles Austin?)

    What would you guys think of this? Ware and Allen rushing from the edges and Hatcher beasting up the middle.

    Also, how could this work for the cap? We have like 2 million in cap space and Allen has 8 million cap hit.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,848
    vCash
    1500
    no. i want youth on affordable contracts with high ceilings and good character.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    300
    vCash
    1500
    Miles Austin could get us close. Maybe they'd take on the quickly breaking down Miles Austin if we threw in a 3rd round pick?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    300
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    no. i want youth on affordable contracts with high ceilings and good character.
    Youth is nice, but I prefer sacks. Jared Allen has a lot of sacks in his career. Promise and potential is great, but proven results are sometimes better. Who says Jared Allen is not good character?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,848
    vCash
    1500
    Jared Allen isn't going to make this team better. If i was to trade austin it would be for draft picks or youth in return.

    I never said anything about Allen's character. You read something that wasn't there.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    300
    vCash
    1500
    You said in your reply you wanted people with good character after saying no to Jared Allen, so it seemed that's what you were implying.

    I don't see how you can say Allen wouldn't make our team better though. You don't think he'd be better than anybody on our D-line other than Hatcher and Ware? That's a bit rash... I understand if you think it's an unrealistic trade opportunity or that we should look elsewhere (but we're fans and fans think about unrealistic trade opportunities lol), but don't act as if Jared Allen wouldn't make our team better because that's ridiculous!

    Maybe if your argument was based on age (saying he is washed up, only has 4.5 sacks this year, etc.), then I could buy it but just saying "no." isn't a compelling argument against him.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,848
    vCash
    1500
    1. I was not implying Allen had character issues. I gave a description of the kind of players i want to focus on.

    2. You asked what we think and now my opinion is ridiculous and i can't say no?

    3. This team is not 1 piece away from a title. Dallas is in decline. Why waste a potential trade chip for youth or a pick on a player who won't make this team a contender?

    4. You can theorize everything you want, you have the right, but when you ask people what they think you should respect their opinion whether you agree or not.

    For the record i don't believe this team should be trading for players? IMO they have no chance at a SB this year and their best chance would be to accumulate draft picks and get their own picks as high as possible.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    300
    vCash
    1500
    I respect your opinion completely. I just think a simple no doesn't really facilitate discussion (which is why I gave some options for why it would be a bad trade). It's fine to think it's a bad trade, and the reasons you just gave are good ones to avoid a trade (based upon your opinion of the state of the team). The first post was just hard for discussion as it shuts everything down with a simple "no".

    I guess our difference here just boils down to where we see the team now. I think we're built to make a deep run in the playoffs if we get a player like Jared Allen to consistently put pressure on their QB, right along side DeMarcus Ware and Hatcher. It's a similar formula that the Giants have ridden to a couple of Super Bowls and I think our offense is more talented now than theirs ever was. I'd be willing to move those pieces if that's what it delivered us.

    Of course, with the Cowboys there are always a lot of "ifs" lol

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,848
    vCash
    1500
    Well there's really only three answers to your question. Yes, no, and maybe.

    I did give my reason on why i don't like the trade.
    I think we're built to make a deep run in the playoffs if we get a player like Jared Allen
    I disagree. All 4 of our wins this season are against teams that are currently under .500.

    We aren't a good team. That's the reality imo. Hard pill to swallow, i don't like it, but everything we think we can be rides only on hope.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    154
    vCash
    1500
    Jared is no difference maker. Hes at the end of his career. He doesnt help our secondary. If im trading for someone, its gonna be a game changer. Plus Jared puts on too much of a show with his antics.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    300
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    Well there's really only three answers to your question. Yes, no, and maybe.

    I did give my reason on why i don't like the trade.


    I disagree. All 4 of our wins this season are against teams that are currently under .500.

    We aren't a good team. That's the reality imo. Hard pill to swallow, i don't like it, but everything we think we can be rides only on hope.
    Yeah, but three of our losses are by 3 points or less to three teams with a combined record of 20-4. It's not like we have been just blown out by these guys. We have been right there in the game with everybody. So, that why I think Jared Allen would be a nice addition if it were for the right price.

    We can't always look at the glass half empty, sometimes we gotta view it half full!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    300
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mamba42 View Post
    Yeah, but three of our losses are by 3 points or less to three teams with a combined record of 20-4. It's not like we have been just blown out by these guys. We have been right there in the game with everybody. So, that why I think Jared Allen would be a nice addition if it were for the right price.

    We can't always look at the glass half empty, sometimes we gotta view it half full!
    I guess I better clarify before it gets taken out of context lol. I don't think Jared Allen would be a nice addition because we have lost to really good teams and been right there with them. I think that Jared Allen is still a really good player and that he would be a difference maker and if we had him those games might easily have gone the other way (more pressure, etc.).

    Of course, I think it all has to be for the right price. I would do Miles Austin because I think Terrance Williams is legit. I also like Beasley in the slot with Dwayne Harris also getting some time. Austin, IMO, is expendable at this point. I think he is awesome and I didn't want to trade him but if it were in a package for Jared Allen I would pull that trigger.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    154
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mamba42 View Post
    Yeah, but three of our losses are by 3 points or less to three teams with a combined record of 20-4. It's not like we have been just blown out by these guys. We have been right there in the game with everybody. So, that why I think Jared Allen would be a nice addition if it were for the right price.

    We can't always look at the glass half empty, sometimes we gotta view it half full!
    I've been the most optimistic fan during the romo era..giving him and the team the benefit of the the doubt every time. Im done with it. They blow games all the time... the season isn't over by any means but 4 and 4 after is nothing to be excited about. Until they prove me wrong, im done being optimistic because I end up getting let dwn every time. When dallas loses it ruins my week...its becsuse I think they are better than what they are..all my optimism was sucked dry after yet another horrible clock management situation and another blown lead late in the game...theres no reason to be optimistic..they proved that....now if they win this week and beat the saints my optimism will return but right now I have none.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Manhattan College
    Posts
    6,620
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Idahospuds View Post
    I've been the most optimistic fan during the romo era..giving him and the team the benefit of the the doubt every time. Im done with it. They blow games all the time... the season isn't over by any means but 4 and 4 after is nothing to be excited about. Until they prove me wrong, im done being optimistic because I end up getting let dwn every time. When dallas loses it ruins my week...its becsuse I think they are better than what they are..all my optimism was sucked dry after yet another horrible clock management situation and another blown lead late in the game...theres no reason to be optimistic..they proved that....now if they win this week and beat the saints my optimism will return but right now I have none.

    Literally agree with everything you wrote.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Northeast PA
    Posts
    885
    vCash
    1500
    Guys, we are what we are, a .500 ball club. If we were to trade Austin, which I think would be great if we get someone to take on his salary, it should be for draft picks. This team may make the playoffs by default in the nfc east but we're obviously not going very far.

    We need to focus on our D-line and O-line. This is the worst d-line I've seen this team have in a long time. Ware hurt, Ratliff gone, etc..... we're basically playing with the 2nd team each week. We need lineman.

    Our o-line is improved from last year but we could still use help. We're not where we need to be and our rb position is pathetic. I like Murray but he's injured every year and the answer is not currently on the roster.

    We have had pretty decent drafts over the last few years and this year we need to concentrate on DE, DT OG and RB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •