Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Max Scherzer and Omar Infante?

I think we should look into a package deal for these two:
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/stats/...6/max-scherzer
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/5339/omar-infante

If everyone else comes back healthy (Huddy, Beachy, Venters), this would solve all of our needs. No need to pay the price for the overpriced Price.
    1991 Lost WS to Twins 4-3
    1992 Lost WS to Blue Jays 4-2
    1993 Lost NLCS to Phillies 4-2
    1996 Lost WS to Yankees 4-2 (led 2-0)
    1997 Lost NLCS to Marlins 4-2
    1998 Lost NLCS to Padres 4-2
    1999 Lost WS 4-0 to Yankees
    2000 Lost NLDS 3-0 to Cardinals
    2001 Lost NLCS to Diamondbacks 4-1
    2002 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Giants
    2003 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Cubs
    2004 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Astros
    2005 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Astros
    2010 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Giants
    2012 Lost NLWC 1-0 to Cardinals
    2013 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Dodgers

vCash

Max Scherzer and Omar Infante?

Infante is a free agent isn't he?
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    Infante is a free agent isn't he?
    Im guessing he is basing this off Infante accepting a QO. I think he'll decline and get more years.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    i'd prefer to wait and see on infante. if we get him, we'll mostly likely start him at 2nd. that would push uggly to a bench role or we find a suitor. if he's gone and we eat a significant portion of his salary and infante doesn't come cheap, that's a helluva lot of money to invest in 2b. wren's pulled rabbits out his hat before, he'd have to do the sting of a lifetime to pull this one off!
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    Im guessing he is basing this off Infante accepting a QO. I think he'll decline and get more years.
    Agreed. If the Braves really want Infante, they should wait until he becomes a free agent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    i'd prefer to wait and see on infante. if we get him, we'll mostly likely start him at 2nd. that would push uggly to a bench role or we find a suitor. if he's gone and we eat a significant portion of his salary and infante doesn't come cheap, that's a helluva lot of money to invest in 2b. wren's pulled rabbits out his hat before, he'd have to do the sting of a lifetime to pull this one off!
    Precisely, UGGA may be too expensive to pay to get rid of. Yeah, I wouldn't mind Uggla as a bench guy. UGGA the bulldog just sits there, Uggla can do it too. He wouldn't be super happy about it but that's just tough luck for that woggie dawg.
    1991 Lost WS to Twins 4-3
    1992 Lost WS to Blue Jays 4-2
    1993 Lost NLCS to Phillies 4-2
    1996 Lost WS to Yankees 4-2 (led 2-0)
    1997 Lost NLCS to Marlins 4-2
    1998 Lost NLCS to Padres 4-2
    1999 Lost WS 4-0 to Yankees
    2000 Lost NLDS 3-0 to Cardinals
    2001 Lost NLCS to Diamondbacks 4-1
    2002 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Giants
    2003 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Cubs
    2004 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Astros
    2005 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Astros
    2010 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Giants
    2012 Lost NLWC 1-0 to Cardinals
    2013 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Dodgers

vCash
    Infante should come around 3 years 20-24 million. So if we were to ship Uggla off, that's almost $18 million a year. Interesting to see what will be done.

vCash
    Infante should come around 3 years 20-24 million. So if we were to ship Uggla off, that's almost $18 million a year. Interesting to see what will be done.
    Don't get me wrong, I like Omar. Always did! However if they ship off Uggla, I would think they believe LaStella is on the verge of being ready. Occupying 18 Mil for 2B is a big piece of the pie. Just my opinion, LaStella could always be trade bait.

vCash
    Meds for Max?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I like Omar. Always did! However if they ship off Uggla, I would think they believe LaStella is on the verge of being ready. Occupying 18 Mil for 2B is a big piece of the pie. Just my opinion, LaStella could always be trade bait.
    That was my opinion. If they do trade Uggla, like you said, it won't be just to add more money on top of it. La Stella could prove his defense is at least serviceable while adding a spark with his bat. I mean, let's be serious, he can't really hit worse than .180 can he? He'll hit lesss Homers though, which doesn't scare me.But the fact that CJ is serviceable at third, and he would be serviceable at 2B, it worries me about the strain it would put on Simmons trying to make up for both of them.

vCash
    That was my opinion. If they do trade Uggla, like you said, it won't be just to add more money on top of it. La Stella could prove his defense is at least serviceable while adding a spark with his bat.
    Agreed with both of you 100%. There's a slim chance that Wren manages to find a way to ship Uggla off, but eating the bulk of his salary just to sign a guy like Infante and compound the payroll issues that Uggla is already causing...? That ain't it.

Meds for Max?
    I'd do that in a heartbeat, but the Tigers would require significantly more. Even if it cost a few additional prospects, I'd do it. It's just hard to know what the Tigers would want because I don't know the details of their payroll goals. Would they be keen to make a deal just to cut $6 million from their payroll and then face Medlen's ~$10 million arbitration award in 2015? Maybe. I don't know, because I don't know enough about their overall payroll picture. My hunch is, though, that they'll want more controllable guys, but Scherzer's availability is a big enigma and will probably remain so until the Hot Stove really heats up toward the end of next month and into December.

vCash
    To get Scherzer, I think I'd be willing to protect Freddie Freeman, Jason Heyward, Andrelton Simmons, Justin Upton, Mike Minor, Julio Teheran, Alex Wood, Lucas Sims, and J.R. Graham and then tell the Tigers: "pick any three from the rest of the organization."

I'd do the same for David Price, although I don't think that such a package would beat out the best offers that the Rays will get for Price.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgthree View Post
    To get Scherzer, I think I'd be willing to protect Freddie Freeman, Jason Heyward, Andrelton Simmons, Justin Upton, Mike Minor, Julio Teheran, Alex Wood, Lucas Sims, and J.R. Graham and then tell the Tigers: "pick any three from the rest of the organization."

I'd do the same for David Price, although I don't think that such a package would beat out the best offers that the Rays will get for Price.
    Gotta agree. As good as Gattis, Bethancourt, And Some of the other prospects are, they are the least untouchable in my opinion.
    Last edited by westside; 10-30-2013 at 03:54 AM.

vCash
    Need to "unprotect" at least four of those names to get Dombrowski or Friedman to answer the phone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Need to "unprotect" at least four of those names to get Dombrowski or Friedman to answer the phone.
    You must mean Wood,Sims, Graham, and Minor? Besides that, aint nobody else getting traded

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast