Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

He's Back! Merriweather back with a bang

Merriweather is back with a bang.
    Link

Redskins safety Brandon Meriweather has returned from his one-game suspension. And if the sanction has humbled him, he’s doing a good job of keeping it under wraps.

First, Meriweather responded to Bears receiver Brandon Marshall, who called Meriweather out for the two illegal hits against Chicago that triggered the suspension.

“Listen, everybody’s got their opinion of things, you know,” Meriweather said, via Michael Phillips of the Richmond Times-Dispatch. “Everybody’s got their opinion. He feels like, you know, I need to be kicked out of the league. I feel like, people who beat their girlfriends should be kicked out of the league too. . . .

“You tell me who you’d rather have: Somebody who plays aggressive on the field, or somebody who beats up their girlfriend,” Meriweather said. “Everybody’s got their opinion. That’s mine. He’s got his.”

Regardless of Meriweather’s opinion regarding his suspension, he says he’ll change his style to conform to the rules.

“I guess I’ve just got to take people’s knees out,” Meriweather said. “That’s the only way. . . . I’d hate to end a guy’s career, you know, over a rule. But I guess it’s better other people than me getting suspended for longer. . . .

“To be honest, man, you’ve just got to go low now. You’ve got to end people’s careers, you know? You’ve got to tear people’s ACLs and mess up people’s knees now. You can’t hit them high no more. You’ve just got to go low.”

We hear that all the time now, and it’s a valid concern. To an extent. But when guys like Meriweather talk about hitting a guy low to avoid hitting a guy high, they ignore another target area: the middle.

What’s wrong with wrapping a guy up at the waistline? Or hitting him in the chest with something other than the helmet?

When it comes to striking a balance between the written rules against head shots and the unwritten rules against taking out a guy’s legs, the appropriate balance would be to hit him solid between the neck and the knees.

It’s a balance players will have to encourage each other to strike, unless and until political, legal, and/or parental considerations prompt the NFL to give ACLs the same protection as the cranium.

vCash

Brandon Meriweather needs to shut up

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-with-a-bang/

Zac Boyer ‏@ZacBoyer 1h
    Meriweather on tackling: “To be honest, man, you’ve just got to go low now, man. You’ve got to end people’s careers, you know?"

Zac Boyer ‏@ZacBoyer 1h
    Meriweather: "You’ve got to tear people’s ACLs and mess up people’s knees now. You can’t hit them high no more. You’ve just got to go low.

Zac Boyer ‏@ZacBoyer 1h
    Meriweather: "He feel like I need to be kicked out of the league? I feel like people who beat their girlfriends should be kicked out, too.

Zac Boyer ‏@ZacBoyer 1h
    Meriweather: "You tell me who you’d rather have: Somebody who play aggressive on the field, or somebody who beat up their girlfriend?"

my god, this guy is an *******

vCash
    To be fair, it was pretty funny how he called out Marshall for hitting women.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    deleted
    Last edited by subroc; 10-28-2013 at 01:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit:27291638
    I agree. Lol. its like who be baddest fight lmao

Me and my Boy.
    No halo.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    LOL. The guy may be a douche, but he's got a point. If you are gonna talk smack at least he's got some ground to stand on.

Helmet to Helmet hitter vs Woman Beater.

Tough call..........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    You talking about when he was found not guilty of those accusations?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Actually it's not.

Brandon Marshall has a disease. He has bettered himself and learned how to control his anger and emotions. It wasn't really funny at all. It was ignorant.

And the rest of his comments were ****ing dumb. He should be banned another game for those dumb comments.

vCash
    LOL.

And the ignorance of mental health will show in this thread.

Brandon Marshall was found not guilty for one. For two, Brandon Marshall is a different man now that he has his disorder under control.

Brandon Marshall has been nothing short of a model citizen and a great person since joining the Bears. The kid has clearly turned a corner in his life.

vCash
    When it's out of context it looks much worse than what he actualy said. Most of that is directed at brandon marshall, who had no business running his mouth either due to his own missteps.

Here's a more complete quote from the article.
    “I guess I’ve just got to take people’s knees out,” Meriweather said. “That’s the only way. . . . I’d hate to end a guy’s career, you know, over a rule. But I guess it’s better other people than me getting suspended for longer. . . ."

He's complaining about how the new rules make players hit lower, and that it's dangerous and can end careers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jpro611 View Post
    Actually it's not.

Brandon Marshall has a disease. He has bettered himself and learned how to control his anger and emotions. It wasn't really funny at all. It was ignorant.

And the rest of his comments were ****ing dumb. He should be banned another game for those dumb comments.
    LOL. A disease makes you decide as a what a 230 pound man to physically damage someone much more vulnerable than you. Notice how he wasn't walking up and down the streets of inner city Baltimore and picking fights with people who may not like it.

That's all I'm gonna say about that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewer94 View Post
    Merriweather is back with a bang.
    Link
    I actually think Merriweather has a point, Marshall should just STFU and let the NFL deal with it. That was quite a burn by merriweather, well said by him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wowzah View Post
    LOL. A disease makes you decide as a what a 230 pound man to physically damage someone much more vulnerable than you. Notice how he wasn't walking up and down the streets of inner city Baltimore and picking fights with people who may not like it.

That's all you're gonna say about it because you're wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wowzah View Post

You sound uneducated about mental health.

Get education.

Then try to talk to me.

vCash

Brandon Meriweather needs to shut up

Ignorance, people. Drop it.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast