Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

IGT: Anaheim Ducks (9-3-0) at Philadelphia Flyers (3-7-0)

Philadelphia Flyers (3-7-0)
    vs.
    Anaheim Ducks (9-3-0)

7:00PM

at

The Wells Fargo Center

Leading Scorers and Goalies

Flyers

Brayden Schenn
    2 G 4 A 6 P

Vincent Lecavalier
    4 G 2 A 6 P

Claude Giroux
    0 G 5 A 5 P

Steve Mason
    3-5-0 2.15 GAA .930 SV%

Ray Emery
    0-2-0 4.03 GAA .873 SV%

Ducks

Corey Perry
    6 G 7 A 13 P

Ryan Getzlaf
    5 G 7 A 12 P

Mathieu Perreault
    4 G 5 A 9 P

Jonas Hiller
    4-2-0 2.64 GAA .911 SV%

Frederick Andersen
    3-0-0 1.50 GAA .944 SV%

Viktor Fasth
    2-1-0 3.33 GAA .877 SV%

Game Notes:

- Ducks coming in on their 5th game of an 8 game road trip; they are 2-2 over the first 4, but have won the last 2.
    - Ducks are a very fast, high scoring team, having scored the 4th most goals in the league
    - Ducks are getting great goaltending from Hiller and Andersen, who replaced Fasth when he went down to injury
    - Flyers come in having won their past 2 games against their rivals from NY
    - Flyers have given up the 7th fewest goals in the league
    - Flyers are coming in off easily their best and most complete game of the season

vCash
    Mez paired with Timonen at practice today; Gus with Gill.

Looks like Mez is finally getting into a game again.

Shame Gus has to sit; he has played well.

vCash
    Someone has to get traded on D for Gus. It really is a shame that he can't play consistent minutes every night even if he does do good. Watch out for vatanan in this game. Him and lindholm have been the most impressive thus far for the ducks. Interesting to see couts vs getzlaf.

vCash
    i'd be sitting luke schenn over gus or mez right now ... he isn't playing well.

vCash
    Berube said at practice today he didn't like Gus's game Saturday, in particular him icing the puck near the end of the game. He also just wants to get Mez out there since he hasn't played in a while.

I don't know, L. Schenn hasn't played well, that's for sure, but I think his last two games in particular have been improvements, so the fact that he looks to be improving makes it hard to justify sitting him now and could set him back a little.

Also, according to line rushes, Hall looks to be in tomorrow in place of Rosehill, likely for his PK abilities. And of course because Rosehill is basically a waste of a roster spot lol but the other way sounds nicer.

vCash
    Interesting tid-bit:

The Flyers own the special teams advantage in this game.

Flyers: 27th PP, 9th PK

Ducks: 30th PP, 27th PK

Doesn't mean the Ducks PP isn't dangerous; with all of those weapons they certainly are. That said, the Flyers need to take advantage of that poor PK as much as possible.

vCash
    The most impressive thing about us being 7th in the league in fewest GA is that we are the only team within the top 15 or so with a losing record. Every other team until the rangers are either over .500 pr near that record.

Gotta be good in the face off this game as well. This is a great test. If Perrault plays then we really have to be good in fo. He is like top 5 in the league and bschenn will get murdered. Ducks are amazing in start of games. Gotta be careful

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    i'd be sitting luke schenn over gus or mez right now ... he isn't playing well.
    Aside from his first couple of shifts the other night, Schenn played his best game of the season against the Islanders. Plus, if Berube has him taking extra skating sessions to get his conditioning up to par then sitting him will only set him back. Not wise.

Gus didn't have a very strong game with the puck and that's what he's there for. I'm not surprised to see him taking a seat for Mez. I also think Mez will be shipped out soon, so they'll be giving teams a look at him again. I honestly think something was going to go down between the Oilers and Flyers involving Mez and Yak, but it fell through. Gus played well when he was called on so Berube just kept him going.

This will be a massive test, but since Berube took over the team has only been improving. I hope the line of Raffl - Giroux - Lecavalier stays in tact. Raffl adds a ton of speed and gritty corner work while G and Vinny have a ton of chemistry it seems.

Schenn played really strong as our second center last game and was fantastic in the faceoff circle. We'll see how that translates to a stronger team in the Ducks.

G H O S T B E A R

vCash
    Almost went to this game, tickets under $10 on stubhub if anyone is interested

vCash
    Going to the game tonight. Tickets were $9. ****ing fair-weather fans.

2012(3) Football Season. Bring It. (Let's Go.)

vCash
    Yea it's ridiculous how many empty seats there are considering every game is sold out. That many "fans" rather burn there tickets and stay home to watch Food Network or something.

Whatever, means cheap tickets for us and I can now go to as many games as I please

vCash
    being in the working world for a few years now ... its tough to get to games on week-days, and when you're 3-7 (despite we have somethign good going), kids, house, work, etc. come first ...

the 11th game of the year, at home, against a west team isn't going to be a huge draw regardless of standings haha

vCash
    I know Berube has already claimed otherwise, but what's the chance Mez is in tonight so he can be showcased to Anaheim? They seem like they always need a Dman due to lack of talent or injuries

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    I know Berube has already claimed otherwise, but what's the chance Mez is in tonight so he can be showcased to Anaheim? They seem like they always need a Dman due to lack of talent or injuries

My thoughts are similar in regards to Mez playing tonight. The Ducks certainly need help on D and Mez would fit the bill nicely. Not sure what Anaheim would send us though.

G H O S T B E A R

vCash
    I guess it's possible. I definitely think it is a showcase in general, not just for the Ducks. I believe what Chief said about Gus, but I do agree they are trying to show him off a little to see who they can attract.

From the Ducks, I really don't know. I think they'd like to get someone to play the 2nd/3rd line LW spot and send Raffl down, so if they could grab like Cogliano or someone like that, I think they would try. He brings A LOT of speed and he's pretty young also.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast