Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Can Adams or Craig be an option at 1B?

Hey guys. I'm pretty new to this forum. Why not start off with a thread. I was wondering if the Cards would consider trading one of Adams or Craig. They both had pretty good regular seasons. I doubt that they would let Beltran walk and play Craig in the OF. I would personally love to see Craig in a Mets uniform. I know Sandy says that we're all set on 1B, but all i see is 4 question marks. Do you guys think one would be made available? If so what kind of package will it take? Would you guys prefer Adams or Craig?

vCash
    I'd be afraid of trading with the Cardinals. They are the best organization in the game and light years ahead of us in the "smarts" category. In trade talks with the Cardinals, we would be seriously overmatched.

No matter how good the deal looked, I'd be afraid we were getting fleeced somehow.

And welcome aboard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko_Has_Faith View Post
    Hey guys. I'm pretty new to this forum. Why not start off with a thread. I was wondering if the Cards would consider trading one of Adams or Craig. They both had pretty good regular seasons. I doubt that they would let Beltran walk and play Craig in the OF. I would personally love to see Craig in a Mets uniform. I know Sandy says that we're all set on 1B, but all i see is 4 question marks. Do you guys think one would be made available? If so what kind of package will it take? Would you guys prefer Adams or Craig?
    Welcome to the forum.
    And I would take Craig.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota View Post
    I'd be afraid of trading with the Cardinals. They are the best organization in the game and light years ahead of us in the "smarts" category. In trade talks with the Cardinals, we would be seriously overmatched.

No matter how good the deal looked, I'd be afraid we were getting fleeced somehow.

And welcome aboard.
    Are they really that much smarter than our new FO? They certainly still draft better, but I doubt they can fleece someone like Sandy who has a ton of experience in baseball now.

vCash

And welcome aboard.
    The biggest difference between the Cardinals and the Mets is that the Cards know how to develop their prospects into being MLB players. They know the fundamentals of the game. The Mets haven't developed prospects into ML ball players besides a handful of players. It's a shame that there isn't a greater emphasis on developing prospects. It is often the most overlooked aspect of a farm system.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    I'd take Craig. We could send them a package including Ike, who would go on to be a perennial All Star...

vCash
    Why would they take Ike when they already have Adams? Makes no sense.

vCash
    It was in jest son. Happy Monday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Are they really that much smarter than our new FO? They certainly still draft better, but I doubt they can fleece someone like Sandy who has a ton of experience in baseball now.
    Yes, until proven otherwise.

vCash

And welcome aboard.
    you can't think like this. If our organization evaluates a trade as a good decision then they should do it. You can't dismiss decision making because the trade partner is savvy. Just need to be smart about it. If we can't trust our own evaluations we have no means to improve the team.

vCash
    Welcome to the forum Kiko

vCash
    I would love craig batting 5th if we got a power bat to hit 4th. But at the same time Adams could be the power bat we desperately need to protect Wright.

vCash
    Thanks alot

vCash
    So far it looks like Sandy has be doing some fleecing of his own. I'd bet San Francisco would love Wheeler back right now. Toronto would probrably trade back Dickey for Thor alone. EYJ was a pretty good "Moneyball" type pickup as well. The only complaint i have is that i would have liked to see some more mlb ready talent in the deal for Marlon Byrd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko_Has_Faith View Post
    So far it looks like Sandy has be doing some fleecing of his own. I'd bet San Francisco would love Wheeler back right now. Toronto would probrably trade back Dickey for Thor alone. EYJ was a pretty good "Moneyball" type pickup as well. The only complaint i have is that i would have liked to see some more mlb ready talent in the deal for Marlon Byrd.
    I'm with you on all of what you're saying with the possible exception of Byrd. He's older and a FA...Pretty much a short term rental. We got some value for him. Heh, watch Sandy resign him. (And no, I don't think it would be a great idea. Time to move forward.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast