Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Unhappy about second half play.

Is it me or does it seem that our coach on offense at least is being to conservative with play calling in the second half. I for one am getting tired of watching one half of football from the raiders. Lets get the guys playing a whole game like the first 30 min. What you all think.

And you are what your record says you are.
    Sure liked the two years before DA and RM 1 game away from playoffs.
    And some say we are better off today.

vCash
    Yeah, it's been a long time since we put in a full 60 minutes. And it's been even longer since we put in a full 16 game season.

vCash
    It's annoying the S#%t out of me to watch 1 half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    It's annoying the S#%t out of me to watch 1 half.
    especially when its been discussed and acknowledged publicly.

vCash
    The Steelers missed 2 field goals that made the world of difference otherwise the whining would be traveling in a different direction Monday morning.

The Raiders are loaded with offensive scrubs this has been the situation for many years now. We should be thankful the team isn`t divided like Tampa Bay, the Rutgers head coach came in and decimated all attitude of franchise success.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    The Steelers missed 2 field goals that made the world of difference otherwise the whining would be traveling in a different direction Monday morning.

The Raiders are loaded with offensive scrubs this has been the situation for many years now. We should be thankful the team isn`t divided like Tampa Bay, the Rutgers head coach came in and decimated all attitude of franchise success.
    I'm not surprised, actually.

Great recruiter, good 'leader' - but he's in the NFL. His inability to adjust his game-plans was glaring at the college level; his inability to operate successfully in the NFL is far more visible.

Given the choice, I'd take Marrone over Schiano any day of the week - either in college or the NFL.

vCash
    The Raiders are not a complete offense at present. They game-plan to minimize these deficiencies and teams are adjusting at halftime. Olson can't exactly open up the playbook with a banged up offensive line and with WR's [save Moore] that cannot consistently get separation.

Pryor's mobility has created opportunities. I shudder to think how bad things could have been with Matt Flynn, given the situation.

I think Olson is doing well considering what he has to work with. He is keeping the game in front of Pryor and protecting him when necessary. Its not going to be pretty, but with the defense playing as well as it has Allen is going to put the ball in their hands more times that not. This team will live and die with its defense.

vCash
    Or they could throw Pryor out there, who is known for making bad decisions, and let him throw the ball around. That would be the smart thing to do, especially after already throwing 2 INT's and letting the Steelers back in the game. DA believes in our defense more than he believes in Pryor to close out the game. Pryor throws 1 more INT or the team fumbles again and the Steelers most likely win that game. Did his conservativeness get us the win? Yes it did. He knew they had to score twice, and didn't think they could against our D and he was right. The difference between this year and years past is our defense held on to give us the win, and your going to complain? Wins are hard to come by with this team, beggars can't be choosers.
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash
    Second half drove me crazy, after Butler dropped a pass and it was intercepted, after Ford fumbled.......I think the O coordinator packed it in and turned the game over to the defense. We gave the game away and the Steelers didn't want it. We got lucky. One first down the whole second half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Darts View Post
    Is it me or does it seem that our coach on offense at least is being to conservative with play calling in the second half. I for one am getting tired of watching one half of football from the raiders. Lets get the guys playing a whole game like the first 30 min. What you all think.
    My 2 cents. It's not the play calling or the coaches at this point. It's the lack of talent on our offense that can't move downfield against the Steelers defense. Look for this to vastly improve now that we have some money freed up to spend on O-line, receivers and a good running back.
    Just Win Baby

vCash
    Olson works for Dennis Allen. It was obvious to me yesterday that Allen will play it conservative and put it on his defense.

I have no problem with it. The defense is the strength of this team right now. IMHO the game was won when Pittsburgh drove the ball down the field for ten minutes and came away with nothing.

Unlike previous years, the Raiders haven't been prone to selling points cheaply. If the offense can manage to run the ball, put up a few points and stay out of its own way this team can get to 8 wins.

Dennis Allen is keeping things conservative and considering the limitations on offense. He is coaching to this teams strength, which is what good coaches do. He isn't going to go robocoach on us like Hue Jackson would do.
    Last edited by Proximo; 10-28-2013 at 12:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders420 View Post
    Or they could throw Pryor out there, who is known for making bad decisions, and let him throw the ball around. That would be the smart thing to do, especially after already throwing 2 INT's and letting the Steelers back in the game. DA believes in our defense more than he believes in Pryor to close out the game. Pryor throws 1 more INT or the team fumbles again and the Steelers most likely win that game. Did his conservativeness get us the win? Yes it did. He knew they had to score twice, and didn't think they could against our D and he was right. The difference between this year and years past is our defense held on to give us the win, and your going to complain? Wins are hard to come by with this team, beggars can't be choosers.
    Pryor needs to throw the ball around. I fault the WR's for letting the Steelers squeak back into the game. One of those interceptions was squarely off the shoulders of Brice Butler. The ball hit him right in the numbers and he couldn't come up with the pass. Not Pryors Fault. Jacoby Ford's fumble equated into 8 points for Pittsburgh. Inexcusable. If that pass was caught or there was no fumble, the game could have turned into a blow out. I don't think Olson's conservative play calling gave us the win. I think the defense has a spine and played very well when it needed to. Beggars? Whose begging? We're the Raiders! We don't take what the defense gives us, we take whatever the hell we want!
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    I don't know if it is the coaching (play calling or failure to make adjustments during half-time) or the players, but we need to stay aggressive when we have the lead adding that we need to take care of the ball too, by not doing something risky. Once the other team adjusts we need to counter it!
    Last edited by Wolfe-Raider; 10-28-2013 at 01:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    Pryor needs to throw the ball around. I fault the WR's for letting the Steelers squeak back into the game. One of those interceptions was squarely off the shoulders of Brice Butler. The ball hit him right in the numbers and he couldn't come up with the pass. Not Pryors Fault. Jacoby Ford's fumble equated into 8 points for Pittsburgh. Inexcusable. If that pass was caught or there was no fumble, the game could have turned into a blow out. I don't think Olson's conservative play calling gave us the win. I think the defense has a spine and played very well when it needed to. Beggars? Whose begging? We're the Raiders! We don't take what the defense gives us, we take whatever the hell we want!

Why then would you want a QB throwing the ball all over the field?

vCash
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...B/BreeDr00.htm

He looked like a doofus his first 33 starts, its takes some longer to get smart than it takes others.

The Raiders may want to wiggle Nassib from the Giants, the smart ones move forward according to the history.
    Last edited by the_firm_09; 10-28-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast