Monday, October 28 - 7:30 ET
    TV: FOX

-------------

LHP Jon Lester vs RHP Adam Wainwright

Name IP ERA K/9 BB/9 BABIP FIP
    Lester 213.1 | 27 3.75 | 1.67 7.47 | 7.3 2.83 | 2.7 .300 3.59
    Wainwright 241.2 | 28 2.94 | 2.25 8.16 | 7.7 1.30 | 0.6 .305 2.55

vCash
    We need one more strong start from Lester. I don't think Wainwright lays another egg.

vCash
    The two aces of each staff, World Series tied 2-2...holy **** this is going to be thrilling to watch.

vCash
    Boston Red Sox ‏@RedSox 17m
    Farrell: "Likely Ross behind the plate tomorrow, that tandem he's got going with Lester."

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    It should be Ross every game from now on. Insanity to ever play Salty when he can't hit and he is **** behind the plate.

vCash
    Poor salty. He's going to cry.

vCash
    To add on to the Ross thing, every start hes made this postseason the SP has done well. Peavy's only good start in Tampa, Ross was catching. Every start Lester has made. Clay had his best results out of any game and he had nothing. I wonder how long he could have gone since his pitch count was very low. His two starts with Salty looked rough at times, game 2 with Detroit with bad results. Only Lackey has been fine with Salty. I wonder how much that has to do with Lackey knowing what he wants to do.

It goes with all our rookie pitchers too. No way any of them shake off the catcher in their first major league starts. Webster had a great debut, Ross caught. Remember people wanted him to replace Doubront? Then Salty caught his next 3 starts that were horrible. Then he pitched a good game with Lavarnway behind the plate. Then in his last start he got bombed by Seattle with Salty behind the plate. I'm not putting it 100% on Salty, but he has to take some blame. I remember questionable pitch calling with tons of straight fastballs.

I think there is a similar split with Workman's starts
    Last edited by -Lavigne43-; 10-28-2013 at 02:19 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    It should be Ross every game from now on. Insanity to ever play Salty when he can't hit and he is **** behind the plate.
    Amen.
    DodgersGM ‏@DodgersGM
    Josh Beckett grounds out to right field. #Dodgers #Cardinals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    We need one more strong start from Lester. I don't think Wainwright lays another egg.
    Wainwright is not as good as the hype.......I feel we can get to him just as early as we did in game one.
    Joe Buck will make him seem like he is going to get a no hitter after 2 innings but WE WILL get to him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tc2deuce View Post
    Wainwright is not as good as the hype.......I feel we can get to him just as early as we did in game one.
    Joe Buck will make him seem like he is going to get a no hitter after 2 innings but WE WILL get to him
    Oh he's real good, he couldn't harness his stuff, the Cards have a lot more data now, and he's worked out his problems with the coaches....

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tc2deuce View Post
    The confidence is great but perhaps misguided. The missed transfer at 2B in the first led directly to three runs when it should have gotten him out of the first. It also cost Wainwright an additional 9 pitches under relatively high stress. The pitch count went high quickly yet he went on to retire 9/10 batters after the second inning. If he'd gotten the DP it's very possible that he throws another inning while trailing only 2-0 and the game looks VERY different.

Also worth considering that his home-road splits favor pitching at home (no surprise) by almost .90 runs. He's awfully comfortable there. Lester's splits are pretty even and he's locked in right now. It'll be a matter of who blinks first.
    Last edited by RedSoxtober; 10-28-2013 at 09:56 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxtober View Post
    The confidence is great but perhaps misguided. The missed transfer at 2B in the first led directly to three runs when it should have gotten him out of the first. It also cost Wainwright an additional 9 pitches under relatively high stress. The pitch count went high quickly yet he went on to retire 9/10 batters after the second inning. If he'd gotten the DP it's very possible that he throws another inning while trailing only 2-0 and the game looks VERY different.

Also worth considering that his home-road splits favor pitching at home (no surprise) by almost .90 runs. He's awfully comfortable there. Lester's splits are pretty even and he's locked in right now. It'll be a matter of who blinks first.
    Yeah, but you gotta remember, Ortiz almost hit the GS off Wainright. If Beltran missed that catch, it still would have been an additional 3 runs, and not a sac fly. The way Ortiz is locked in, and how he got 1 HR, (and almost a GS off Wainright). I still think the sox go back to Fenway with the 3-2 series lead.

vCash
    It doesn't matter how locked in Papi is. He will only be pitched to when there is no one on base. 5-7 in the lineup will decide how many runs we score.

vCash
    I know I often hack on the "intangible" label, but Gomes was intangible last night lol.

That 10 pitch at bat was amazing (admittedly I didn't watch a single pitch last night due to the wife wanting "us time.") I love the whole pep-talk by Papi, that was cool to watch, now he's intangible!

For tonight's lineup I wouldn't mind seeing this:

W/O Victorino

Ellsbury
    Nava
    Pedroia
    Ortiz
    Gomes
    Bogaerts
    Drew
    Ross
    Lester

(You could switch Lester with Drew as Lester stands a better chance of getting on base.)

With Victorino:

Ellsbury
    Nava
    Pedroia
    Ortiz
    Bogaerts
    Victorino
    Drew
    Ross
    Lester

Maybe this is the game where Drew hits a grand slam, a la JD in the 2007 ALCS.

vCash
    Ross needs to be the catcher for the remainder of the playoffs. Salty sucks and has sucked all year.

#BostonStrong

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast