Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Who in the hells bells is Daniel Muir ?

I must say, I generally know everybody on the roster. While at the game today, I had to lean over to the OG next to me and ask, 'who took Andre Carter's old #97' ? He didn't have a clue who it was as well.

Hats off to the man, because in limited time I saw him getting after it at DT. No wonder Bilukidi is gone. Muir wants the backup job & then some. I love these hard working, hard nosed cats Mckenzie is bringing in. Bring your lunch pale type players that want to do the damn thing.

vCash
    Not only him, McGee looks good as well. Hopefully people will stop worrying so much about what CBs loss means to the 2011 draft class. It means nothing. This defense cannot be argued with.

vCash
    I was going to mention McGee as well.

Rm built an excellent defense out of rejects, retreads, youngsters, and one old guy. 10 new starters right now and not one being paid like the divas did. If this doesn't give people confidence in his oersonell ability, not sure what will. If he can replicate this on offense next year, we will be a contender.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    I was going to mention McGee as well.

Rm built an excellent defense out of rejects, retreads, youngsters, and one old guy. 10 new starters right now and not one being paid like the divas did. If this doesn't give people confidence in his oersonell ability, not sure what will. If he can replicate this on offense next year, we will be a contender.
    Well said fishedz. I'm very happy with where the DL is right now. WAY better then last season for sure at a fraction of the cost.

If I remember correctly there was a person or two that said the Raiders DL was horrible because RM didn't spend a lot of draft picks or free agent bucks at the position. That right there shows that maybe the games should be played before a position gets ripped on.

vCash
    Mack should be a big priority, ill like hardy from the panthers too. And we got a draft with our first 4 picks. Man 2014 will be fun. This year I think we can get to 9 wins. Eagles and giants have to be wins for this team to be considered as a solid team. Those are two horrible teams.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    Mack should be a big priority, ill like hardy from the panthers too. And we got a draft with our first 4 picks. Man 2014 will be fun. This year I think we can get to 9 wins. Eagles and giants have to be wins for this team to be considered as a solid team. Those are two horrible teams.
    RP let's put a complete game in against the Eagles before we get ahead of ourselves. I think we are pretty solid on the D, but they haven't been scoring many points for us.

DA needs to tweak the O a bit so we can get all 4 quarters of play out of that unit. Then we have a chance of really seeing some strong showings down the stretch.

I do appreciate the enthusiasm, because I am excited too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    I would throw our entire cap at Hardy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillage Idiot View Post
    I would throw our entire cap at Hardy.
    I would give him a big deal.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    RP let's put a complete game in against the Eagles before we get ahead of ourselves. I think we are pretty solid on the D, but they haven't been scoring many points for us.

DA needs to tweak the O a bit so we can get all 4 quarters of play out of that unit. Then we have a chance of really seeing some strong showings down the stretch.

I do appreciate the enthusiasm, because I am excited too!
    If we don't beat the eagles then we have no reason to be excited. We are the Better team, they are horrible.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Good win today, but I'm concerned with how the offense has sputtered in the 2nd half of games. Muir showed up, and I definitely noticed big Stacy McGee getting after it. The defense for that matter played one hell of a game - all the way through! We exploded for a huge 1st quarter, but the offense needs to clean itself up. Brice Butler and Jacoby Ford had particularly bad days. The unit will improve as we get healthy. Who else would love to see a hulking #68 back on the field next week. I know its unlikely, but damn that guy is going to be a shot in the arm at some point during the second half of this season. Big win today Raiders, lets make for another miserable flight home for the Eagles next week.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    I was thinkin' the same thing. All of these tackles are #90-something, and every time I focused in on the second number, it was a different number. Numbers 97, 92, 98, and 90 doin' work at the tackle spot.........NICE!!!!

vCash
    he is a 30 yr old vet that I've never heard of. He looks to be one of those quality journeyman. You could tell by his body he is in good physical shape and he played like it having made three tackles and one sack.

I tell you what, we all fancy to be able to be junior NFL GMs, however colon, Reggie should have humbled us all by now with what he's done with this defense. none of us had a clue.

vCash
    Reggie, DA and Tarver have built one hell of a defensive unit. The only team that really 'ripped' the Raiders was the Broncos, and Manning threw a lot of contested passes into tight coverage.

Aside from that Bronco game, the Raiders have done very well defensively. The Raiders are 10th in total yardage / game, 12th in points allowed / game... despite being 18th in 3rd down %, and mid-pack in first-down's allowed per game. The Raiders are 17th against the pass and 6th against the rush... not bad at all.

Considering who the Raiders have faced - Broncos, Chargers, Redskins, Colts - they've done well in yardage. Despite playing 5 teams that score an average of 24+ a game, the Raider defense is only allowing 21.4 - that's the important statistic.

The Raider defense has held almost every team they've faced below their season average. For those who understand statistics - the lower total counts in the tally and drags the mean down - it's kind of a big deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Reggie, DA and Tarver have built one hell of a defensive unit. The only team that really 'ripped' the Raiders was the Broncos, and Manning threw a lot of contested passes into tight coverage.

Aside from that Bronco game, the Raiders have done very well defensively. The Raiders are 10th in total yardage / game, 12th in points allowed / game... despite being 18th in 3rd down %, and mid-pack in first-down's allowed per game. The Raiders are 17th against the pass and 6th against the rush... not bad at all.

Considering who the Raiders have faced - Broncos, Chargers, Redskins, Colts - they've done well in yardage. Despite playing 5 teams that score an average of 24+ a game, the Raider defense is only allowing 21.4 - that's the important statistic.

The Raider defense has held almost every team they've faced below their season average. For those who understand statistics - the lower total counts in the tally and drags the mean down - it's kind of a big deal.
    Even the stats mentioned don't come close to telling the full story of this defense. Unlike the defenses of recent past years, this defense is remarkably consistent on all 3 levels not just from game to game, but from quarter to quarter. From an intangible standpoint, the players play well together, they seem to enjoy playing with each other and they play incredibly hard and discipline football. for once everyone is doing their job and trusting the man next to them. The collective football IQ of the players on defense is deviations higher.
    Last edited by Pillage Idiot; 10-28-2013 at 09:39 AM.

vCash
    And to add, ^^^^

Imagine what the defensive statistics would be if the Raider offense would of had a few 10 to 13 play drives in the second half of those previous games. Their stats would be even better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast