Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lakers already in contract talks with Kobe Bryant. (How much does he get?)

Kobe Bryant will not have the chance to become a free agent in 2014.

That's what Los Angeles Lakers executive vice president of basketball operations Jim Buss told ESPN Los Angeles' Ramona Shelburne:

"I want to put an end to any speculation that we would allow Kobe to become a free agent," Buss told ESPNLosAngeles.com on Friday night. "That's not going to happen. Kobe is a top priority for us. He's a Laker legend and always will be. I don't think we're done winning championships with him yet.
    Buss added that the team has started contract extension talks with Bryant's representatives and that he fully expects a new deal to be completed before Bryant, 35, can become a free agent on July 1, 2014.

The Lakers will pay their star guard $30.5 million this year, the last year of his current contract. Bryant is currently rehabilitating from surgery to repair his torn Achilles tendon and has not yet set a return date.

Bryant told ESPN Los Angeles in July that he intended on retiring as a Laker and that he didn't foresee any holdup in contract negotiations.

As of now, the Lakers have only three players -- Steve Nash, Nick Young and Robert Sacre -- under contract through next season, setting Los Angeles up with a ton of cap room in the summer of 2014. Extending Bryant to a reasonable deal would give the Lakers the flexibility to sign one or two more stars to pair with their future Hall of Famer.

The lost boys

vCash
    3 year, 36 million

vCash
    Like I said in the other thread, settle the other deals first before resigning Kobe, he's not going anywhere. Prematurely resigning him might limit the subsequent moves that we can make.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers2000 View Post
    3 year, 36 million
    That's a good deal and it allows the team to still sign a superstar and another quality player.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    It's time to start transitioning into the post kobe era. Doesn't mean you let him go, but he can't get some outrageously large amount of money that hinders the team's chances of competing for titles.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    If this team can get them to the play offs and Kobe is at even 90%, why couldn't this team possibly win the championship? I still have faith in the Lakers organization.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers2000:27284203
    3 year, 36 million
    Same thing KG got. Seems reasonable but we still dont know what level he's going to return at, but it's hard to doubt Kobe. I would still wait before resigning him. There's really no need to get a deal done now he's already said he's a Laker for life.

vCash

Lakers already in contract talks with Kobe Bryant. (How much does he get?)

Can they at least see what he looks like first?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers2000 View Post
    If this team can get them to the play offs and Kobe is at even 90%, why couldn't this team possibly win the championship? I still have faith in the Lakers organization.
    I wish faith translated to team wins, or a million dollars for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    Can they at least see what he looks like first?
    I for one feel like loyalty is a bad thing in sports. That being said maybe the lakers have seen something that tells them Kobe's coming back sooner than later.

The lost boys

vCash
    Jimbo is stupid as it comes.

And it also isnt in KObes best interest to sign back - now.

vCash
    I want Kobe back no matter how he plays

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner:27284855
    Jimbo is stupid as it comes.

And it also isnt in KObes best interest to sign back - now.
    I think kobe understands the situation and will sign a reasonable extension. The lakers gave him the most lucrative contract in nba history and deservingly so. Kobe already earned his money. He won't be asking for the moon in this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beliges View Post
    I think kobe understands the situation and will sign a reasonable extension. The lakers gave him the most lucrative contract in nba history and deservingly so. Kobe already earned his money. He won't be asking for the moon in this one.
    But Jimbo might give him the earth which will still hurt our options.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beliges View Post
    anything over 7 or 8 million a year RUINS any kind of future for the franchise.

FOR THAT REASOn it is better for BOTH him and US to wait until the summer.

If we DO NOT GRAB anythign of interest he can signa 1 year 20 million deal and then the following summer repeat the process and sign the toned down one.

If he signs a 12 or more a year contract NOW, we WONT grab anything of interesit in the offseaosn nor in 2015.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast