Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Ivory Named FedEx Ground Player of the Week

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...d-b18f1b4f3efa

The votes are in, and RB Chris Ivory has been declared the FedEx Ground Player of the Week for his 34-carry, 104-yard Week 7 performance against the Patriots.

Going up against some stiff competition in Seattle RB Marshawn Lynch (21 carries, 91 yards, touchdown) and San Diego RB Ryan Mathews (21 carries, 110 yards, TD), it wasn’t easy for Ivory to run away with this week’s award, but that was fitting given the nature of his gritty, grind-it-out game.

His 34 rushes in a game are the most this season and only one player — Minnesota’s Adrian Peterson — has as many carries in a game since the start of the 2011 season.

“Chris did a phenomenal job of running the ball,” QB Geno Smith said, “especially from the start. That guy’s tough. He’s a hard-nosed running back. He can deliver some punishment.”
    nice to see ivory get some recognition for his punishing rushes against the rats... i love a RB who runs like he's aiming to decapitate anyone in his way.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    You've become quite the Jets beat correspondant. First, the douchebag reporter of the week and now this. Won't you please replace Manish? I think he's wrapped up several dozen such awards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    You've become quite the Jets beat correspondant. First, the douchebag reporter of the week and now this. Won't you please replace Manish? I think he's wrapped up several dozen such awards.
    despite my new-found profession, i'll always have a little fever for sports journalism... and a massive fever for offsetting the garbage spewed by our beloved beats.

BroadwayBeat, over and out.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Good for Ivory. He deserved some recognition. He played a great game. It wasn't pretty at all but it was exactly what we needed to win.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Honestly I don't think he deserved this at all. 3 YPC against an unimpressive rushing defense?

vCash
    I don't think he had an overly impressive game, HOWEVER he did make tough rushing yards, so at least it's a bit of recognition for him.

I think he's a better #2 RB than a feature.

vCash
    Niceee, seems like we have a player of the week for something every week.
    NY Jets 8-8
    In Rex We Trust

vCash
    Don't really know how he won it over the over candidates but I'll take it