Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Garza vs. Santana vs. Arroyo vs. Jimenez

Ok I know we are deep in pitching with the surplus pitching we got, that being said adding a quality starting pitcher and signing him to a 4-5 year deal would give us many options such as trading some of our pitching for a impact bat, would rather dangle monteto + jenry M. out there than THOR or wheeler tho.

Out of these 4 pitchers we have been most closely linked to Arroyo, imo it would be a smart move seeing how there a guy named Ubaldo Jimenez who will be asking around any where from 12-14 mil per year, while garza and santana will be looking for about 15-18 mil per year, and arryyo is looking for a 3 year deal 13-14 mil per year. Its a no brainer for me, ubaldo is the best option, close to the cheapest out of the 4, and is the best pitcher of the 4.

After the second half last year ubaldo compiled a 1.82 ERA with 100 strikeouts in 84 innings. In six September starts, he was 4-0 with a 1.09 ERA and a strikeout rate of 11.1 per nine innings. Arroyo might be an inning eater but so is jimenez.

If sandy signs aorryo to a 2-3 year deal at 11-13 mil per year I'm going to be pist.
    Last edited by I<3ourProspects; 10-26-2013 at 04:54 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I&lt;3ourProspects:27276453
    Ok I know we are deep in pitching with the surplus pitching we got, that being said adding a quality starting pitcher and signing him to a 4-5 year deal would give us many options such as trading some of our pitching for a impact bat, would rather dangle monteto + jenry M. out there than THOR or wheeler tho.

Out of these 4 pitchers we have been most closely linked to Arroyo, imo it would be a smart move seeing how there a guy named Ubaldo Jimenez who will be asking around any where from 12-14 mil per year, while garza and santana will be looking for about 15-18 mil per year, and arryyo is looking for a 3 year deal 13-14 mil per year. Its a no brainer for me, ubaldo is the best option, close to the cheapest out of the 4, and is the best pitcher of the 4.

After the second half last year ubaldo compiled a 1.82 ERA with 100 strikeouts in 84 innings. In six September starts, he was 4-0 with a 1.09 ERA and a strikeout rate of 11.1 per nine innings. Arroyo might be an inning eater but so is jimenez.

If sandy signs aorryo to a 2-3 year deal at 11-13 mil per year I'm going to be pist.
    Ill be even more pist if they sign Johan Santana for 15 million.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    I thought this was a last man standing wrestling match.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I<3ourProspects View Post

Jimenez was mediocre to horrible for the first-half of the 2013 season. He was also bad in 2011 and 2012, but you want to give him up to a 5-year deal based on 8 to 10 starts at the end of last season...5 years based on 8 to 10 starts. Pass on that.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Give me Kazmir.

vCash
    to be more precise, 15 starts, only months that were horrible last year were april and june, in july he pitched very well too he had a low 3 era that month. I know dam sure I'd take Ubaldo for 13-14 mil a year over the highly linked arroyo for 13-14 mil, it woudlent even be close as far to overall upside of the 2.

give me the 29 year old pitcher that pitched for the rockies in coor's field and put up ace like numbers, and got traded to the Al to the indians and had 2 bad years than a 36 year old that will give u an era around 3.90-low. 4's. Both will cost the same, ubaldo has better stuff, less control, but way more upside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I<3ourProspects View Post
    to be more precise, 15 starts, only months that were horrible last year were april and june
    So 4-5 years based on 15 starts. Pass. I'll roll the dice on him for a max of 3. If someone gives him a longer contract...pass.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I&lt;3ourProspects:27276665
    to be more precise, 15 starts, only months that were horrible last year were april and june, in july he pitched very well too he had a low 3 era that month. I know dam sure I'd take Ubaldo for 13-14 mil a year over the highly linked arroyo for 13-14 mil, it woudlent even be close as far to overall upside of the 2.

give me the 29 year old pitcher that pitched for the rockies in coor's field and put up ace like numbers, and got traded to the Al to the indians and had 2 bad years than a 36 year old that will give u an era around 3.90-low. 4's. Both will cost the same, ubaldo has better stuff, less control, but way more upside.
    Telling you right now that if they sign Jimenez he aint getting his own church. No how, no way.

Besides, does the world really need another C of J?

I think not.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Give me Kazmir.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota View Post
    I've never lost one.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo:27276797
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota View Post
    I've never lost one.
    Yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Yet.
    Does this mean what I think it means? Is it on?

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo:27277230
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Yet.
    Does this mean what I think it means? Is it on?
    Internet cage match no holds barred.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Give me Kazmir.
    +1

vCash
    Johan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast