Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jim Buss Will Allow Kobe Bryant To Become Free Agent

According to the OC Register, Jim Buss said the Lakers will allow Bryant to become an unrestricted free agent this summer.

He becomes a free agent at the end of the season, and Jim Buss says because of the pay structure of the NBA, the Lakers will allow Kobe to become a free agent.

He says he has talked to Kobe and believes they have an understanding, Bryant waiting as a free agent while the team spends to upgrade and then using what is left over to pay Kobe.

“We’ve probably talked,” says Kobe while being somewhat vague, “but I’m putting off any thought of that.”

There is a potential of a very talented free agent class of 2014 and the Lakers are hoping to capitalize on all of the star power. However, there is also a chance that the unrestricted free agents re-sign with their current teams and that all the young restricted free agents opt to stay in their current situation.

The Lakers are on the verge of leaving the Kobe Bryant era, and in order for them to assure future success, they will have to make smart front office decisions this season and next summer.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-n...nt/2013/10/25/

I guess it's time to soak it all in Laker fans. It might be very well the last time we see Kobe in P&G.

vCash
    Can you say: "Cap hold", Jim ?

vCash
    I think it's just Jimbos subtle way of saying "We're moving on"

the team spends to upgrade and then using what is left over to pay Kobe.
    Really? Come on now

vCash
    Well if Kobe doesn't come back to the Lakers, I know it will be a sad day in Lakers' land, however this is the nature of the business world in sports. It happened to most of the greats before like Joe Montana, Michael Jordan, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, etc..... I only named a few, but there are way more examples..... I would hate to see him in another uniform, but the Lakers can't afford to pay him the type of money he's making now and remain competitive. The team has to think about the future.

My hope is that LA can land a few key free agents next year and re-sign Kobe to a fair price based on his age and what he still brings to the table. Hopefully, it all works out, if not I can see Kobe going to the Clippers as he really considered playing there in 2007 and was really close to signing before Dr. Buss' intervention. He also is good friends with Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Jamal Crawford, Matt Barnes and Deandre Jordan. Not to mention they have Doc Rivers.
    Last edited by Lakersfan2483; 10-25-2013 at 06:37 PM.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakersfan2483 View Post
    Well if Kobe doesn't come back to the Lakers, I know it will be a sad day in Lakers' land, however this is the nature of the business world in sports. It happened to most of the greats before like Joe Montana, Michael Jordan, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, etc..... I only named a few, but there are way more examples..... I would hate to see him in another uniform, but the Lakers can't afford to pay him the type of money he's making now and remain competitive. The team has to think about the future.

My hope is that LA can land a few key free agents next year and re-sign Kobe to a fair price based on his age and what he still brings to the table. Hopefully, it all works out, if not I can see Kobe going to the Clippers as he really considered playing there in 2007 and was really close to signing before Dr. Buss' intervention. He also is good friends with Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Jamal Crawford, Matt Barnes and Deandre Jordan. Not to mention they have Doc Rivers.
    How do you know he's friends with all those guys?

vCash
    He'll probably join the Heat next year and win three more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    He'll probably join the Heat next year and win three more.
    I don't think so too much ego between Kobe and LeBron and it will blow up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by championships View Post
    I think it's just Jimbos subtle way of saying "We're moving on"

Really? Come on now
    Well Jim did warned Kobe to take a paycut, and also he has to deal with the new CBA as well. Also our draft pick could end up our new franchise player if we do it right.

vCash
    Kobe was seen having breakfast with PJax this morning . Could just be friends having breakfast but who knows. Let the speculation begin.

https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/...02250801_n.jpg
    Last edited by championships; 10-25-2013 at 10:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by championships:27275191
    Kobe was seen having breakfast with PJax this morning . Could just be friends having breakfast but who knows. Let the speculation begin.
    More than likely friends having breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by championships View Post
    I don't think Phil is coming back either. Also like I said Kobe has to take a pay-cut because he has no choice.

vCash
    Dont soak or wet your pants ( deppending on your love/hate for the guy) yet.

ITs called CAP HOLD.

We CANT SIGN A DAMM THING if KObe and Pau dont hit F.a

And by DAmm thing i mean DAMM thing with their salarys this years, the cap hold for the summer for both players would be higher than the Salary Cap.

If they dont want to resign for " whats left" they can hit the road and come back no more no more.

And btw its also in THEIR best interést to do it this way?

WHY?

because say they use the bird rights and take a massive pay cut and then no one signs, they wasted a ton of dollars.

If we do it this way and we FAIL to get anything of interest they can ink one year HIGH deals ( just not as high enough to hit the penalti territory) and repeat the process next summer ( when it would be easier to convince say Little Bro and Rajon to join the team).
    ]

vCash
    Wow!

vCash
    The ESPN ranking on Kobe is getting to Jim Buss...

vCash
    Actually he's smart. Kobe and Pau are smart too.m

If the lakers strike it rich with Melo and/or Bron ... They can sign on for lower deals but with multiple years

If the lakers can't lure either Melo or Bron, instead of overpaying Deng/Granger they can give Kobe and Pau both huge one year deals to hit the floor, and come to a nothing needs to be said but tis understood they take almost minimum deals the next year when they pursue Rondo and Love or 16 for Durant

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast