Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

vCash

BREAKING NEWS: Suns trade Gortat, Brown, Marshall for Okafor and pick

vCash
    And McDonough does it again. Another 1st rounder... Great trade!!
    I Heart Kimmi Smiles

Support Her!

vCash
    Marshall to the Magic maybe.

vCash
    Let the tanking begin. Also with all this playing time opening up I want to say Alex Len for ROY .

vCash
    On draft night we should trade Dragic, 'wolves 1st round pick and Wizards first round pick and try to move up into the high lottery. We'd potentially have two top 10 picks, the Pacers 1st rounder and then two more 1st rounders the year after (both of which could be lottery picks).

McDonough is definitely impressing me so far.

vCash
    I like the trade overall but I'm not thrilled about the protection on the pick. Couldn't we have gotten a pick that's like top 10 or top 8 protected from another had we waited a little longer?

Plus Len doesn't seem like he's ready to start and would have likely benefited from Gortat.

Like I said, I like the trade but I just think maybe we could have gotten more for Gortat.

vCash
    I think you guys are forgetting about how well Plumlee has played in the preseason. Len is not going to be alone at the center position. My guess is that because Plumlee played so well, that the Suns FO felt that they could pull this kind of deal now, rather than wait until later in the season. I think Plumlee benefits more from this than Len does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    I like the trade overall but I'm not thrilled about the protection on the pick. Couldn't we have gotten a pick that's like top 10 or top 8 protected from another had we waited a little longer?

Plus Len doesn't seem like he's ready to start and would have likely benefited from Gortat.

Like I said, I like the trade but I just think maybe we could have gotten more for Gortat.
    I'm with u on this one. I feel we could have got a better deal on the pick. Still not to bad I guess. At least now we don't have to watch gortat finish strong with a weak lay up. Also got rid of that wasted pick from 2012.

vCash
    I just like the fact that Marshall is gone...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortys4711 View Post
    I'm with u on this one. I feel we could have got a better deal on the pick. Still not to bad I guess. At least now we don't have to watch gortat finish strong with a weak lay up. Also got rid of that wasted pick from 2012.
    Yea but that's another reason why I hate it. We traded a late lottery pick from 2 years and a solid starting center for a pick that can be late lottery at best.

vCash
    I was out all day and couldn't comment on this till now.

I do like the trade. It accomplishes a few things.

1. Nets us a first rounder. Nevermind the protection. Barring injury, Washington likely makes the playoffs. At worst, maybe they finish just outside which could means the 13 or 14 pick.

2. It alleviates us of the contracts of Marshall (who it sounds like were going to cut had we not dealt him), Lee (probably would have gotten cut as well), and most importantly, Shannon Brown. Brown was the primary guy keeping Goodwin from getting big minutes.

3. If I have my numbers right, this solidifies our roster. Meaning Ish Smith, Christmas, and Krastov (sp) will be part of our team. No other player will need to be cut.

4. This paves the way for our youth to get big minutes right away. I believe Okafor is injured so chances are, Frye or Plumlee will start at center to begin the year. Possibly both on opening night since Keef is suspended.

We weren't going to get a better first rounder. Not this year at least. The hope that we could package our later firsts and Dragic or Gortat for a higher lotto pick if we waited is just wishful thinking. This was an excellent move. We get a guy in Okafor who can help the youngins (Gortat wasn't going to be a guy who could do this) and the first rounder we wanted.

Nothing to hate about this trade.

vCash
    Another thing, if we do get all 4 firsts in this years draft and actually use them, it's hard to believe that at least 2 won't be excellent NBA players.

vCash
    Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 7h
    Wizards will only keep Gortat from this trade, sources told ESPN. Will waive Kendall Marshall, Shannon Brown and Malcolm Lee.
    Wow. Shocked by this. Brown and Marshall will find homes somewhere. Lee will likely end up in the D League trying to work his way to a team.

vCash
    Some Gortat tweets

Marcin Gortat ‏@MGortat 7h
    nene/gortat...I like that!!!!!

I will never forget people in orange........

I knew its gonna happen so Im glad it happened now not in mid season.! Its still hard to leave such a great city.

I wanna say i dont have any hard feelings towards Suns front office people.Ryan is an amazing GM.He put them back on the right track.

I will never forget what u did for me! U took my game to another level and made me a better player. always felt u guys were my family.

Hey Suns army i wanna thank u for amazing 3,5 year!!! It was great to play for this city and this organization.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast