Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buckle Up.

vCash

Buckle Up.

The pre-season has been about what I expected. UGLY, disjointed, inconsistent basketball mixed with enough glimmers of good ball to keep interests piqued (either definition works) and hope alive.

But I find myself kinda wishing the Celtics would waive everyone not named Rondo, Olynyk or Faverani and sign the Maine Red Claws roster as their own for this season.

This is going to be a roller coaster ride with huge down hills and just enough rises to keep (some of) us sane. Only the distant light of all those draft picks to keep hope flowing.

There's enough talent on the roster to be .500 ish, but it is so mismatched as to be counter productive. And I'm not sure a single trade can be made to make things better in the here and now. Stevens 6 year deal signals that this is to be a 3 year (minimum) rebuild.

Anyone else think Bradley likely to decline an extension? Would you want to remain through the rebuild, be a part of the rebuild, when you could get out, make money and ... win? Danny has sold some snake oil in his time, but I'm not sure he's a good enough salesman to close this deal.

All that said, I think it's going to an interesting season with some exciting moments. Thankfully things will start slowing down for me these next couple of weeks and I should be abe to "enjoy" it as much as that may be possible to do.

Buckle up, folks! They're about to give us a helluva ride.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    The pre-season has been about what I expected. UGLY, disjointed, inconsistent basketball mixed with enough glimmers of good ball to keep interests piqued (either definition works) and hope alive.

But I find myself kinda wishing the Celtics would waive everyone not named Rondo, Olynyk or Faverani and sign the Maine Red Claws roster as their own for this season.

This is going to be a roller coaster ride with huge down hills and just enough rises to keep (some of) us sane. Only the distant light of all those draft picks to keep hope flowing.

There's enough talent on the roster to be .500 ish, but it is so mismatched as to be counter productive. And I'm not sure a single trade can be made to make things better in the here and now. Stevens 6 year deal signals that this is to be a 3 year (minimum) rebuild.

Anyone else think Bradley likely to decline an extension? Would you want to remain through the rebuild, be a part of the rebuild, when you could get out, make money and ... win? Danny has sold some snake oil in his time, but I'm not sure he's a good enough salesman to close this deal.

All that said, I think it's going to an interesting season with some exciting moments. Thankfully things will start slowing down for me these next couple of weeks and I should be abe to "enjoy" it as much as that may be possible to do.

Buckle up, folks! They're about to give us a helluva ride.
    Many are anticipating how Green does as the spotlight player, but honestly I'm a little worried he's gonna flounder... May work in the C's favor as far as draft position, but hopefully his potential trade value doesn't flounder as well...

I actually like the way Wallace is playing and IMO if he can give a good audition there is the possibility he can be moved to the right team in need...

Humphries should be the easy move because of his contract status and because he will contribute on any team...

If AB turns his back on an extension, so be it... IMO his trade value has been very good the past few seasons... He should be an easy sell...

Bass and Lee will be C's till their contracts are up... I think DA deserves it...

The guy I am really looking forward to seeing this season is Pressey... I'm not gonna predict if he starts or his stats... I just got a good feeling about him... Too bad he doesn't have at least 3inches of his dads height, but at least he has the IQ... I am very biased when it comes to former professional athletes children who are playing pro ball...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Wayne Seldon will be a Celtic.

vCash
    Yeah, there are good pieces on the roster but they don't all belong to the same puzzle.

The worry with trading guys like Wallace, Humphries, et al ... besides their contracts... is DAnny is going to want draft picks or young talent in return. That's going to shrink the pool of potential suitors.

For you old folks.... Pressey reminds me a bit of Dwight Anderson whom I had the distinct pleasure and nightmare of playing against. Superior speed but always running on a thin line bordering out of control chaos and sublime production.
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    The most tradeable assets are Bass and Bradley we could get a nice young piece for them and a pick.

The Future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mets100% View Post
    The most tradeable assets are Bass and Bradley we could get a nice young piece for them and a pick.
    You could add Sullinger and Olynyk as well.

But the C's cannot trade all the young / prime years assets they have without getting like in return.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Yeah, there are good pieces on the roster but they don't all belong to the same puzzle.

The worry with trading guys like Wallace, Humphries, et al ... besides their contracts... is DAnny is going to want draft picks or young talent in return. That's going to shrink the pool of potential suitors.
    More like we will trade vets (Bass, Lee, etc.) to get shorter contracts, or even injured players and a couple of 2nd's. It's not all about trading for picks and youth, we won't get much doing that. It's also vital we gut the team to improve the standing of our #1 pick this year - because the Celts have tanked before, and they should do it now.

For you old folks.... Pressey reminds me a bit of Dwight Anderson whom I had the distinct pleasure and nightmare of playing against. Superior speed but always running on a thin line bordering out of control chaos and sublime production.
    Dwight Anderson? Ohio kid, couple of years younger than me, CBA vet - around the time Brook Steppe was bouncing around. He was good in college and the CBA, not so much the pros. Hmmmm. I thought you were older than me? I'm more in the Ronnie Lee and Jammin' James Bailey era.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Wallace should start over Green until Green gets more aggressive and consistent. Either that or Stevens will just throw the two of them out there as starters with Bass coming off the bench.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Start Wallace and give him some playing time, then trade him at the deadline to Utah for Richard Jefferson's expiring, and start Green the rest of the year.

vCash
    With rondo this is a bottom 10 team in the league, without potentially bottom 7.

vCash
    Suck it up and hit the draft big!

vCash
    tank for wiggins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mets100% View Post
    Bass is under contract for 7 million for this year and next. He wont be easy to trade. Bradley makes very little money so he is a very tradeable asset!
    El Presidente

vCash
    Everyone with the trade scenarios. SMH. There are players I would like to see traded off the roster, but I don't see the type of return many of you do given who the C's could trade. Never mind who the C's should trade. If a trade is made, I anticipate it will be mid-season and involve a playoff team looking for the piece to put them over the top OR to a playoff contender looking to replace an injured player. In either case, the best the C'scan probably hope for slight cap and / or an expiring contract.

I suppose a team tanking the season could look to downgrade their roster even further and take someone off the C's hands in exchange for a young asset, but....nah, not really. That's the problem. he pieces the C's have to trade could actually contribute on teh right team and in the right situation. They are complimentary parts / role players. The C's have a roster full of them.

vCash
    My dream in-season trade scenarios:

Courtney Lee comes out in the new system and looks great. MEM needs some perimeter shooting and Lee could provide that. He fits into the trade exception they have from the Rudy Gay trade. They send us back their late 1st round pick next year and we get out of the 3 years left on Lee's MLE deal.

Trade Brandon Bass to OKC for Perkins and a late first round pick. OKC upgrades from Perk who has nothing left to Bass who can still be a very solid role player. Perkins isn't as good as Bass so he helps us tank for a better pick. He also helps us in marketing a little because of his past here. It's a lateral move contract wise but we get a pick for taking the worse player. (He's also signed at a couple mil higher than Bass each of the next 2 years but we can afford it after dumping Lee's deal.)

I don't see Wallace as movable yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast