Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cole , Murry and ...................Smith UGH!!!

steve Popper @StevePopper 2 minutes ago
    Knicks announce waived Diogu, Leslie, Powell, Tyler and Douglas-Roberts. Chris Smith, Cole Aldrich and Toure' Murry survive. Have at it.

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/tag/new...#ixzz2il1ax7kO

http://t.co/LonCLinfty
    Last edited by bofakop; 10-25-2013 at 02:10 PM. Reason: added link

WORST COACH IN THE NBA!!!!! HOPEFULLY HAILING A CAB OUT OF THE CITY!!!

vCash
    Like i said in the other thread:

I hope the garden chants "Chris Smith Sucks" every game, to let the management know how much they suck for doing this.

I know it's the 15th spot, but seriously i can't believe Chris Smith got the spot over Tyler.

''Embrace The Challenge"

vCash
    Sucks that we had to let Tyler go after giving him a 2 year deal... for Smith, but if that's what it took to resign JR so be it.

What I'm hoping is that we kept Chris just so his contract would be official and he gets paid... then we cut him later on and resign Tyler once he's healthy. I'm pretty sure we'll keep tabs on Tyler as the organization seemed to really like him.

but also if I'm Chris i'm embarassed, everyone in that locker room knows he doesnt deserve to make the team and will never play, and that he's just riding JR's jockstrap... i hope this is just a money thing and we cut him next week.

vCash
    What a joke. Joke franchise.

vCash
    Just feeling disgusted.
    Oh well, off to gargle that putrid taste out of my mouth after hearing this news.
    Hopefully i'll get enough sleep to wake up and watch the preseason game tomorrow.

Congrats to Murry & Cole though, they deserved it.
    Last edited by Jaded; 10-25-2013 at 02:07 PM.

''Embrace The Challenge"

vCash

vCash
    Chris Herring @HerringWSJ about 7 minutes ago
    No idea what they're planning to do, but it wouldn't shock me if Smith hangs around on the roster til his guaranteed money kicks in, then...is cut in favor of someone who can help the roster more in the short-term. I've kind of thought that may be the case all along.

This guy is thinking the same thing I am... I think this was just a way to get the Smith family an extra $700k within the rules. I can't imagine Smith sticking around all year.

vCash
    Really Chris smith over Tyler .. This is a joke and why I can't see this team being championship successful .. For reasons like this

vCash
    Jesus..

vCash
    Oh noooooooo.....not the 15th man that will only play in blowouts. Why would we waste that spot on him when there's a guy in the d league or a FA that could warm the seat better?

I hate dolan, this franchise, Woodson's beard and the way Melo ties his laces

vCash
    THe more I think about it the more it makes sense.

They cut Tyller because he's hurt and likely no team will sign him over the next week.

Once Chris spends 1 day on the roster they cut him and the Smith family gets the extra money and we resign Tyler.

If we had cut Cole instead chances are another team would have picked him up.

vCash
    I was really mad, but then I started thinking about all the things that have been talked about in the past few weeks, including the JR Smith discount.

Here's what I see:

Tyler's contract was partially guaranteed, meaning he go some money. Tyler is also rehabbing his broken foot. The Knicks really like him and Woodson made that clear. However, Tyler is not going to be ready for basketball action until January or later.

This is where Chris Smith comes in. Smith is a placeholder that satisfies two things: Dolan's pact with JR Smith over some twisted Jose Cuervo and holds a roster spot that can easily be cleared when Tyler finishes rehabbing.

Everyone around here has been saying: they're going to keep Smith and cut him after his contract becomes guaranteed, but that would be a stupid and obvious move. Keeping Smith until late december when they can cut him and sign Tyler is the better, smarter solution to both problems caused by the wild card of Toure Murry.

That's right, if Murry doesn't do well in SL and then do even better in preseason. We wouldn't even be outraged.

vCash
    Steph Curry > Jr Smith
    Seth Curry > Chris Smith

If warriors cut Seth, why couldn't we cut Chris the Bum?
    Last edited by lamzoka; 10-25-2013 at 02:22 PM.
    We Rep The City! Not A Borough.
    True New Yorkers Wear Orange And Blue

vCash

A complete and absolute disgrace.....

So, today it was announced that the Knicks have cut Diogu, C.J. Leslie, Josh Powell and Jeremy Tyler and guard Chris Douglas-Roberts

Cole Aldrich, Toure Murry and Chris Smith remain on roster.

I repeat, Chris Smith made the roster. Not because he displayed any special talent or ability, but simply because he is J.R. Smith's brother.

Chris Smith did not deserve to make this team. Jeremy Tyler was the best addition this roster could have made outside of Murry.

The culture of this organization is completely wrong. They reward disruptive players like Smith by employing their relatives, players who will not make the roster better. Hopefully, the Knicks resign Tyler at some point. Though, I don't think it is going to happen.

Poor management. Tyler was a big who could shoot, an asset.

As for Woodson, his defense of Chris Smith making the roster speaks volumes. He is the most precise tool in the box. As a player, would YOU trust a coach that would endorse selecting another player based on family relations? Trust quickly goes out the window when coaches behave this way. His behavior is more akin to boot licking.

This organization is quickly returning to its chaotic roots.

YES, I said that during pre season.

Competent management and coaches mean everything, neither of which the Knicks can legitimately claim.
    Last edited by Knick4Knack; 10-25-2013 at 02:17 PM.

vCash
    Look we all know Chris Smith stinks, but there really isn't anything to be shocked about if you see what's going on here....

JETS KNICKS YANKEES

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast