Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Making the Offsensive Line Work

So clearly with the losses of both Clady and Franklin, our offensive line is having major issues protecting Manning. Franklin will hopefully return after our bye week week which should add some added help to beef up our line which allows Vasquez to move back to RG. One thing that I got thinking about was the future return of JD Walton. Walton can be activated for the November 10th game against the Chargers and I am hearing a few positive things about his progress. Perhaps with Walton returning, we can move Ramirez out to the LT position (don't like Ramirez at center at all). I am growing increasingly frustrated with Clark and I would be looking for replacements regardless. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Perhaps a LT we can target.

Center J.D. Walton, who is currently on the physically unable to perform list after offseason surgery to clean out an infection in the ankle he fractured last season, returned to practice for the first time this season. Per league rules, Walton can practice with the team for a period of time that began Tuesday and ends Nov. 19. After 21 days, the Broncos must either move Walton to injured reserve or add him to the 53-man roster.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...rn-to-practice
    Last edited by Mile High Champ; 10-25-2013 at 09:58 AM.

HUP HOLLAND HUP!

Come Check Out the Raptors Forum!
    [/CENTER]

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    vCash
    BK you can help me with this, Ramirez is graded as one of the best centers in the league up to now.

Whether Walton makes it back or not, keep Manny in the spot where hes performing. He was a huge question going into the season and hes answered the call greater than anyone on here would have imagined. Clark struggled against Indy, but other than that, hes been about as good as you can ask from a backup. The biggest issue is Franklin being out, once hes back, everything will be fine.

vCash
    Yeah I don't want to see Manny Ramirez anywhere near left tackle. He's doing fine at center, and last year he blew as a guard.

vCash
    If you don't like Manny at Center...how on earth would you prefer him at LT?? That's a disaster waiting to happen, imo.

Manny has done a great job at center. He's ranked 3rd overall with PFF, 1st in pass blocking, 9th in run blocking, given up 1 sack, 0 QB hits, and 3 pressures. He's certainly not a liability on the line. The biggest liability on the line this year has been Zane Beadles...the dude has been very poor in pass blocking..and if our focus is to protect PFM..that's a pretty big deal.

The only issues with manny is his run block (not spectacular) and his snaps to PFM. His run block is pretty meh...will get beat against the bigger more athletic DT's...but the bottom line here is Walton wouldn't be any better and neither would Koppen. All 3 of those guys have the same issues run blocking...they get paved away against the better DT/NT's..so if you're banking on Walton to help the run game..I wouldn't expect much better than what you're getting from Manny. Which is why I would prefer size at C to at least you give a chance...Walton is too small and I NEVER liked Beadles and walton side by side.

As far as snapping goes, Manny did a great job snapping to PFM against the Colts...which shows me that it obviously can be fixed and he can do it in a high pressure situation...so not worried there.

Clark has 1 bad game..and now it's time to abandon ship? So we're just going to ignore his great work previous to that? Check this out...even with his performance against the Colts..he's still ranked 4th in pressures given up (4), only given up 1 QB hit and now has 4 sacks given up (3 came against Indy). Tied 5th for pass blocking efficiency.

Mathis is the real deal...he would of given even Clady fits. We have to remember and realize that Clark is not Clady...I'm glad the coaching staff has confidence in their own players but if a player is CLEARLY struggling against a dominant player...you have to help them out. That's coaching 101. The indy game would of been the most ideal spot to use our 1,000 TE's...but we ended up using 1 for the majority of the game. That's on coaching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nykol View Post
    BK you can help me with this, Ramirez is graded as one of the best centers in the league up to now.

Whether Walton makes it back or not, keep Manny in the spot where hes performing. He was a huge question going into the season and hes answered the call greater than anyone on here would have imagined. Clark struggled against Indy, but other than that, hes been about as good as you can ask from a backup. The biggest issue is Franklin being out, once hes back, everything will be fine.
    I agree with this a whole lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    If you don't like Manny at Center...how on earth would you prefer him at LT?? That's a disaster waiting to happen, imo.

Manny has done a great job at center. He's ranked 3rd overall with PFF, 1st in pass blocking, 9th in run blocking, given up 1 sack, 0 QB hits, and 3 pressures. He's certainly not a liability on the line. The biggest liability on the line this year has been Zane Beadles...the dude has been very poor in pass blocking..and if our focus is to protect PFM..that's a pretty big deal.

The only issues with manny is his run block (not spectacular) and his snaps to PFM. His run block is pretty meh...will get beat against the bigger more athletic DT's...but the bottom line here is Walton wouldn't be any better and neither would Koppen. All 3 of those guys have the same issues run blocking...they get paved away against the better DT/NT's..so if you're banking on Walton to help the run game..I wouldn't expect much better than what you're getting from Manny. Which is why I would prefer size at C to at least you give a chance...Walton is too small and I NEVER liked Beadles and walton side by side.

As far as snapping goes, Manny did a great job snapping to PFM against the Colts...which shows me that it obviously can be fixed and he can do it in a high pressure situation...so not worried there.

Clark has 1 bad game..and now it's time to abandon ship? So we're just going to ignore his great work previous to that? Check this out...even with his performance against the Colts..he's still ranked 4th in pressures given up (4), only given up 1 QB hit and now has 4 sacks given up (3 came against Indy). Tied 5th for pass blocking efficiency.

Mathis is the real deal...he would of given even Clady fits. We have to remember and realize that Clark is not Clady...I'm glad the coaching staff has confidence in their own players but if a player is CLEARLY struggling against a dominant player...you have to help them out. That's coaching 101. The indy game would of been the most ideal spot to use our 1,000 TE's...but we ended up using 1 for the majority of the game. That's on coaching.
    I agree with everything here EXCEPT "Mathis would have gave Clady fits"
    Naw man! Clady is hands down the best in the league at his position when healthy, Mathis would have had maybe a sack that game, MAYBE. Lol I'm biased tho. I loved the Clady pick in that draft and they he started out 8 games without a sack for the nfl record! Just awesome!