Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: hills value

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    14,641
    vCash
    1500

    hills value

    Hill is arguably the best back up in the nfl.. better then a few starters. .

    So the question is what would you want for him.. pick or player from a team that might be looking
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument


    2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy


    0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    13,607
    vCash
    500
    You trade him and Stafford gets hurt, your season is over.

    Don't trade your backup QB unless you have faith in your 3rd stringer.


    2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

    Post of the decade:
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Tulloch:

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    Posts
    2,155
    vCash
    1600

    hills value

    I'm not trading Shawn hill for nobody
    [URL=http://gifsoup.com]GIFSoup


    Kingwood A Man Before His Time Dvd in Stores

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    64,800
    vCash
    2300
    Under some scenario where he gets moved the maximum I can see him fetching is a 3rd round pick. More than likely it would be a 4th or 5th.



    Catches: 8 Yards: 80 TDs: 1

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    14,641
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    You trade him and Stafford gets hurt, your season is over.

    Don't trade your backup QB unless you have faith in your 3rd stringer.
    i agree with that do a degree.. but any teams starting QB goes down your season is over..

    you wouldnt do it for gorden st8 up? i know player for player dont happen but still...

    if we did (not saying we will) it would have to be for a starting player imo.. even if we had to toss a pick in
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument


    2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy


    0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dirty Mitten
    Posts
    16,878
    vCash
    3542
    Ehh.. If he could fetch gordon at the deadline the year before his contract was up id prolly do it..

    But in reality with him being a FA at the end of the year i cant imagine we would get anything more than a 5th.. Maybe a 3rd if a playoff contending team lost a QB last week but still thought that had a chance at the super bowl

    Id rather have Hill than a few starting qbs

    #81

    19 Rec - 329 Yards -2 TD

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    13,607
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    i agree with that do a degree.. but any teams starting QB goes down your season is over..

    you wouldnt do it for gorden st8 up? i know player for player dont happen but still...

    if we did (not saying we will) it would have to be for a starting player imo.. even if we had to toss a pick in
    We could still win games if Hill was our starter. Our season would be automatically over though if we had to hand the keys to the offense over to Kellen Moore.

    And if you offered Hill straight up for Gordon, you would probably get laughed right out of Ohio.


    2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

    Post of the decade:
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Tulloch:

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,493
    vCash
    4000
    Hill's value is zero in the trade market.
    #66 LaAdrian Waddle

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,332
    vCash
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Hill's value is zero in the trade market.
    We could probably trade him to the Rams...they currently have nobody at QB.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA.
    Posts
    26,223
    vCash
    1435
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    We could probably trade him to the Rams...they currently have nobody at QB.
    i was just about to mention this. If the rumors are true that the rams reached out o brett, the hill to the rams would make sense. How many years does hill have left in his contract? if its 2 or less, trade him for a rams wr & a pick!

    My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 58 tackles / .5 sacks / 1 safety / 1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    2014 PSD MOD SURVIVAL GAME WINNER!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    14,641
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun:27272168
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    i agree with that do a degree.. but any teams starting QB goes down your season is over..

    you wouldnt do it for gorden st8 up? i know player for player dont happen but still...

    if we did (not saying we will) it would have to be for a starting player imo.. even if we had to toss a pick in
    We could still win games if Hill was our starter. Our season would be automatically over though if we had to hand the keys to the offense over to Kellen Moore.

    And if you offered Hill straight up for Gordon, you would probably get laughed right out of Ohio.
    I think your over valueung the need to have good backup qb.. a starter somewhere is worth more imo
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument


    2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy


    0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    13,607
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    I think your over valueung the need to have good backup qb.. a starter somewhere is worth more imo
    Just take one second and actually consider what I wrote for once.


    2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

    Post of the decade:
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Tulloch:

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalamazoo
    Posts
    1,122
    vCash
    1500
    Hill is a transition QB, meaning he isn't a starter but he isn't a back up, he's more of a good band aid. He gives Detroit good security knowing he is a #2 but no one would give us what he is worth. If he is content being a number 2 then pay and treat him well, only time will tell when his services are needed. I could see Minnesota interested but that would be about it and we're not trading him to Minny! Maybe Buffalo, point being is there is a small market with little to no value on a return.

    WTF!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    14,641
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun:27274135
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    I think your over valueung the need to have good backup qb.. a starter somewhere is worth more imo
    Just take one second and actually consider what I wrote for once.
    I see whar u said.. your conserd if stafford goes down we wont have a QB so we wont be abke to win much if we trade hill.. and I agree

    But lets say stafford stays helthy.. wouldn't you rather even more help to win now
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument


    2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy


    0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    13,607
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    I see whar u said.. your conserd if stafford goes down we wont have a QB so we wont be abke to win much if we trade hill.. and I agree

    But lets say stafford stays helthy.. wouldn't you rather even more help to win now
    It's too risky for the little we would get in return. You can get away with so-so backups at every position except QB. I wouldn't trade him unless we were throwing in the towel. He's too valuable as an insurance policy.


    2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

    Post of the decade:
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Tulloch:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •