Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Spurs Unveil New Military-Inspired Uniforms

SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio Spurs unveiled today a new military-inspired uniform in honor of the servicemen and women of the Armed Forces. The Spurs will debut the new uniforms when they host the Washington Wizards on Wednesday, Nov. 13. The Spurs created the camouflage-patterned uniforms to honor and showcase the team’s pride in the city affectionately nicknamed “Military City U.S.A.” San Antonio is home to Joint Base San Antonio, a military installation that includes the Army’s Fort Sam Houston, Randolph Air Force Base and Lackland Air Force Base. It is estimated that more than 300,000 active and retired military and government workers call San Antonio home.

“Playing in San Antonio, we’re constantly reminded of the selflessness and courage of those that serve,” said Spurs guard Danny Green. “We owe them a debt of gratitude and it is an honor to recognize and show support to all active and retired military members.”

Read more here

I was on the fence when they first mentioned it, I thought they'd be a disaster. But they're not that bad. This of course after the gray ones finally grew one me... What do you guys think?

vCash
    .................................................. ..........................

vCash
    Saw these the other night, i think they're awesome!

is it just me or did Kawhi get new tattoos?

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

"No flash, No gimmicks. It's the quiet guys you should fear."

vCash
    ^ I like em' too, better than I thought they'd be when they were rumored to have sleeves.

BTW, not sure on Kawhi's tattoo's, I noticed them too and didn't realize he had that many lol

vCash
    Definitely interesting. Caught my eye on NBA.com. Nice gesture. I hope they don't wear them all the time, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    Definitely interesting. Caught my eye on NBA.com. Nice gesture. I hope they don't wear them all the time, though.
    I think there's only like 2-3 games there wearing them. Definitely like the gesture, I prefer the gray and/or white jerseys though.

vCash
    SPURS' CHRISTMAS DAY JERSEYS UNVEILED

http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-art...-unveiled.html

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

"No flash, No gimmicks. It's the quiet guys you should fear."