Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Quotes From The Boss

“Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next.”

- George Steinbrenner

“I will never have a heart attack. I give them.”

- George Steinbrenner

“We plan absentee ownership as far as running the Yankees is concerned.”

- George Steinbrenner

“Don’t talk to me about aesthetics or tradition. Talk to me about what sells and what’s good right now. And what the American people like is to think the underdog still has a chance.”

- George Steinbrenner

“I was often misquoted. I was supportive of my managers, even though they all may not think so.”

- George Steinbrenner

“I am tough. Sometimes I’m unreasonable. I have to catch myself every once in a while.”

- George Steinbrenner

“I don’t think that anybody should be suspended for life for anything, other than murder. How is it helping someone to say, ‘You’re done forever, your life’s over’?”

- George Steinbrenner

“I don’t want to be in the Hall of Fame. I don’t think owners should be.”

- George Steinbrenner

“I haven’t always done a good job, and I haven’t always been successful – but I know that I have tried.”

- George Steinbrenner

“I’m really 95 percent Mr. Rogers, and only 5 percent Oscar the Grouch.’”

- George Steinbrenner

“It’s an incredible achievement, particularly when I remember that when I bought the Yankees, we had trouble drawing 1 million to the stadium. We have the greatest fans in the world.”

- George Steinbrenner

“In the end, I’ll put my good acts up against those of anybody in this country. Anybody.”

- George Steinbrenner

“Is it in the best interest of baseball to sell beer in the ninth inning? Probably not. The rule has got to be more clearly defined. And then some process should be set up where the judge is not also the appeals judge.”

- George Steinbrenner

“Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa.”

- George Steinbrenner

“Ruth was probably the greatest athlete to perform in any sport. Never has there been anybody like him.”

- George Steinbrenner

“People keep coming up to me and asking, ‘How does it feel to be banned for life?’ Banned for life. I wasn’t banned for life. There was never a word of suspension, probation or ban in that agreement. It was never meant to be part of it.”

- George Steinbrenner

“My best and worst boss was the same man – my father. He never – and I mean never – took ‘I can’t’ for an answer. He taught me the value system that, to this day, I have continued to practice.”

- George Steinbrenner

“If I was in Utopia? I don’t know. I might for a while, until one of my sons was ready. It’s time, though, for the young man to come on. The old man’s tired.”

- George Steinbrenner

“In the end, I’ll put my good acts up against those of anybody in this country. Anybody.”

- George Steinbrenner
    http://coed.com/2010/07/13/george-st...orable-quotes/

I'm going into the 2014 Offseason with these quotes in mind and every Yankees fan should too.

Boston is 3 wins away from winning another World Series. 2004, 2007, and possibly 2013.

Yankees baseball needs to be revived, we must come out with a vengeance and win.

Take the advice laid out before you from the greatest Owner of all time.

vCash
    Advice...? Those are just quotes...not really any advice.

How is "Ruth was probably the greatest athlete to perform in any sport" advice?

vCash
    It's advice in so far as being a Yankee comes with a Pride. Putting a winning team out there pays homage to those before us like Ruth who dominated the sport. No one wants to see a 85 win team muster its way through a season while your trying to cut down on payroll. We need to have great athletes perform for this team. We have to acquire them. We once acquired Ruth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    It's advice in so far as being a Yankee comes with a Pride. Putting a winning team out there pays homage to those before us like Ruth who dominated the sport. No one wants to see a 85 win team muster its way through a season while your trying to cut down on payroll. We need to have great athletes perform for this team. We have to acquire them. We once acquired Ruth.
    I'm with you on this. Here is what should be done.

1. The Yanks once purchased Ruth (the best player in the game) and the franchise was never the same. Well they need to do it again! Purchase Trout for $1,689,862.72 which is the $125,000 that Ruth was sold for in 1919 with inflation thrown in. Also include three notes payable of $337,972.54 at 6% interest which is again including inflation. Finally the Yanks will lone the Angels $4,055,670.52 which is the $300,000 loaned to the Sox in 1919.

We get Trout and the Angels get millions to help pay for Pujols and Hamilton's contract.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    I'm with you on this. Here is what should be done.

1. The Yanks once purchased Ruth (the best player in the game) and the franchise was never the same. Well they need to do it again! Purchase Trout for $1,689,862.72 which is the $125,000 that Ruth was sold for in 1919 with inflation thrown in. Also include three notes payable of $337,972.54 at 6% interest which is again including inflation. Finally the Yanks will lone the Angels $4,055,670.52 which is the $300,000 loaned to the Sox in 1919.

We get Trout and the Angels get millions to help pay for Pujols and Hamilton's contract.
    We can even sweeten the deal by having Derek Jeter take Pujols and Hamilton out to see a Broadway play.

vCash
    easier said than done

vCash
    Unless LA has plans and financial need to finance a sequel to "No No Nanette," I have a feeling that history isn't going to repeat itself here.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Unless LA has plans and financial need to finance a sequel to "No No Nanette," I have a feeling that history isn't going to repeat itself here.
    Not to mention that MLB has enacted rules since that time that would prevent teams from making this kind of deal today...

vCash
    Don't be such downers as I'm sure the Yanks can work something out for Trout. Maybe throw in a few Jeter gift baskets along with the money.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    Don't be such downers as I'm sure the Yanks can work something out for Trout. Maybe throw in a few Jeter gift baskets along with the money.
    It will take more than that. More like this:

1. We agree to pay all of the Hamilton/Pujols contracts but the players remain with the Angels.
    2. The Yankees logo will be re-designed to include a halo over the NY
    3. The Yankees will agree to defeat Texas and Oakland every time they play in 2014
    4. The team will now be known as the New York Yankees of Los Angeles via Anaheim
    <a href=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg/240px-Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg target=_blank>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._1%2C_2012.jpg</a>

BA: .308 HR: NONE! RBI: 10 SB: 4 AGE: 40