Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Eastern Conference Playoff Predictions

With the regular season less than 1 week today and each roster being, it's about that time to hear everyone's thoughts on how the playoffs will shake up. Fill out the following and explain why you came to that conclusion for the rankings, and then give your semi-conference matchups, conference matchup, and the Eastern Conference champion. Also, PLEASE give the number of wins you expect each team to have. I'll start it off

1. Chicago (64)
    2. Miami (61)
    3. Indiana (54)
    4. Brooklyn (53)
    5. New York (51)
    6. Atlanta (47)
    7. Washington (44)
    8. Milwaukee (42)

vCash
    1. Chicago
    2. Miami
    3. Indiana
    4. Brooklyn
    5. New York
    6. Atlanta
    7. Washington
    8. Cleveland/Detroit*

*Dependant on Bynum's health

vCash
    Yeah i really wanted to put Cleveland in the playoffs but i'm just not sure if Bynum can stay on the court, plus Irving is no iron-man himself (missed 25% of possible games his two years in the league). Then you have Varejao who is arguably the most injury prone player in the league after Greg Oden. I'm not a fan of Waiters, who knows about Anthony Bennet (such a risky draft pick).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Yeah i really wanted to put Cleveland in the playoffs but i'm just not sure if Bynum can stay on the court, plus Irving is no iron-man himself (missed 25% of possible games his two years in the league). Then you have Varejao who is arguably the most injury prone player in the league after Greg Oden. I'm not a fan of Waiters, who knows about Anthony Bennet (such a risky draft pick).
    especially considering he came in out of shape.

vCash
    He was drafted out of shape.

vCash
    Here are my predictions:

1 - Chicago Bulls (63-19)
    2 - Miami Heat (61-21)
    3 - Brooklyn Nets (57-25)
    4 - Indiana Pacers (54-28)
    5 - New York Knicks (47-35)
    6 - Atlanta Hawks (41-41)
    7 - Detroit Pistons (38-44)
    8 - Toronto Raptors (36-46)

I for some reason don't see Wizards nor Cavs making the playoffs. They both win about 34-35 games at most.

vCash
    Okay, let me rip that prediction for a second. Last year, the Bucks were 38-44 and they made the playoffs. And they were the 8th seed. So you think that two teams will be under .500 in the Eastern Conference and make the playoffs, in a better top-to-bottom conference? No way, no how.

You're severely underrating the Wizards (4th best defense last year), the Bucks, probably the Hawks; not to mention the Cavs.

The Bucks actually improved this off-season, no way they drop behind a 36-win Raptors team and miss the playoffs.

vCash
    1-Bulls
    2-Heat
    3-Nets
    4-Pacers
    5-Knicks
    6-Wizards
    7-Hawks
    8-Pistons

I won't even bother mentioning Cleveland as a Playoff contender...they're putting all their hopes in 3 players that are bound to miss time (Irving, Bynum & Varejao) and Mike Brown's a very mediocre coach. I guess the Bucks could sneak in there because they do have a solid/semi-deep team and it wouldn't surprise me to see the Pistons self destruct either.

vCash
    I really don't know why Pistons traded/signed Jennings. They should of just traded Monroe + Knight for Rondo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    I really don't know why Pistons traded/signed Jennings. They should of just traded Monroe + Knight for Rondo.
    Why trade Monroe for an older player in Rondo that doesn't have a higher ceiling than Monroe? Monroe can be a legit 2nd option on a contending team, Rondo can't. Detroit needed to continue their complete rebuild process - not dish out a 3 year $24M deal to Jennings and then sign J-Smoove to a blunder of a deal.

Maybe they think they're smarter than everyone else - they're not though. Unless they can flip J-Smoove for say Rudy Gay and a pick (which would be AWESOME for Detroit imo) then their moves this past summer were awful.

Why would trading Smith for Gay be good? Well, Rudy Gay has 1 year left on his deal after this year, but it's a Player's Option so he might opt out looking for a long-term deal. Then they'll get a 1st from a mediocre team at best in a deep draft. On top of that, adding Gay to their team will simply make them suck even more resulting in a higher draft choice for their original pick.

vCash
    Why trade Monroe for an older player in Rondo that doesn't have a higher ceiling than Monroe? Monroe can be a legit 2nd option on a contending team, Rondo can't. Detroit needed to continue their complete rebuild process - not dish out a 3 year $24M deal to Jennings and then sign J-Smoove to a blunder of a deal.

Maybe they think they're smarter than everyone else - they're not though. Unless they can flip J-Smoove for say Rudy Gay and a pick (which would be AWESOME for Detroit imo) then their moves this past summer were awful.

Why would trading Smith for Gay be good? Well, Rudy Gay has 1 year left on his deal after this year, but it's a Player's Option so he might opt out looking for a long-term deal. Then they'll get a 1st from a mediocre team at best in a deep draft. On top of that, adding Gay to their team will simply make them suck even more resulting in a higher draft choice for their original pick.
    Monroe won't reach his ceiling with the current lineup though. It's basically the whole Harden and OKC waiting to happen (w/o the contender status though)

vCash
    He definitely won't with Josh Smith there - which is why you have to trade Smith. If I thought Detroit was a smart FO that truly wanted to build a contending team, then i'd guarantee they signed Smith as trade bait. But, i think they're trying to be the Atlanta Hawks - make the playoffs, sell tickets, recycle.

vCash
    The hype of J-Smoove-Jennings signings is supposedly to sell tickets. I really don't think they can build a contender with those two in the roster(as both will demand to start and it will be a disaster).

They over-pay Josh Smith in hopes to gain more cash. If everything goes well financially, maybe they can save enough money to buy another championship. At the very least, both players could prove a good trade-chip. Smith contract could backfire though, as if don't play for it, Detroit would be in big trouble.
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?u=209452&type=sigpic&dateline=1385118807

vCash
    He definitely won't with Josh Smith there - which is why you have to trade Smith. If I thought Detroit was a smart FO that truly wanted to build a contending team, then i'd guarantee they signed Smith as trade bait. But, i think they're trying to be the Atlanta Hawks - make the playoffs, sell tickets, recycle.
    I guess they just want to make the team more marketable. But is it worth upsetting your franchise player?

vCash
    Definitely not worth it no, but i honestly see them liking Drummond more than Monroe which might be why they signed Smith - they don't want to pay Monroe the same amount of money

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast