Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Bilukidi wavied Martez Signed

The Oakland Raiders have claimed LB Martez Wilson via waivers from the New Orleans Saints, General Manager Reggie McKenzie announced Wednesday.
    The 6-foot-4, 252-pounder spent the previous two-plus seasons as a member of the Saints, where he appeared in 33 games, including one start. Wilson has totaled 30 tackles (21 solo), five sacks, two passes defensed, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery in his career. He also played a key role for New Orleans’ special teams unit.

Wilson appeared in four games this season for New Orleans, posting four tackles and one sack.

In 2012, the Illinois product appeared in all 16 games at both defensive end and on special teams, posting 18 tackles (12 solo), three sacks and also adding a blocked punt. In his rookie campaign, the 2011 third-round pick played in 13 games and helped New Orleans reach the Divisional round of the playoffs.

vCash
    Forgive the thread spelling - no autocorrect on my Galaxy

vCash
    Nice.I like it.Will miss bilukidi and hope hes good somewere else.

vCash
    yet another in the last two drafts cast aside.
    BTW,many here blasted me for saying Christo stunk.I guess RM agreed with me at least.
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

vCash
    Checked on the Pats site. Seems to be a good kid but still very raw, he is a speedster 4.3 type speed. Has a lot to learn but can help on Special teams now...

"The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

vCash
    Still waiting to see if we pick up any OL but I guess we can use yet another LB to our squad

vCash
    I see them putting Bilukidi on the practice squad if he clears waivers, I thought he played well last year, but maybe he hasn't improved since. I see this team growing, and building really good depth. We add a dominate DT with a Dominate center like Mack. And maybe Suh, though I think he is over rated. If Pryor doesn't grow and take hold of this team by the end of this year, I see them going after Jay Cutler hard.

vCash
    In fairness to SK, for all the grief he is given, there is cause for indictment on the 2012 draft class. I obviously do not share his general assessment of RM, but that class has yielded very little given that Criner appears on the bubble as well. The quality of picks, or lack thereof, does provide leniency but the returns on that class are underwhelming. Hopefully, Burris and Crawford increase their contributions.

Again, I am absolutely not making any judgements other than the 2012 class, as handicapped as it may have been, has been underwhelming to date. The level of continuous roster activity is a definite positive though.

vCash
    I like Bilukidi but not every late rounder is a hit. Not every late rounder can be an all star. Sometimes you get a great player late and sometimes not. Hope Martez can succeed
    Member of the Mack/Donald Crew

The David Fales QB Crew-HunterNRoss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss:27264447
    I like Bilukidi but not every late rounder is a hit. Not every late rounder can be an all star. Sometimes you get a great player late and sometimes not. Hope Martez can succeed
    Trust me, I agree. I just think the draft class as a whole has disappointed even in consideration of the handicap of limited and lower-quality picks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Renz13 View Post
    Trust me, I agree. I just think the draft class as a whole has disappointed even in consideration of the handicap of limited and lower-quality picks.
    I agree. Berstrom got stuck in a bad spot since switching from zone to power but he was looking good before his injury. Burris although not rated high was servicable last season and cant wait to see how he does this season when healthy. Then of course Crawford has looked good when rotating in. Nate Stupar of course didnt make our roster but has performed well enough to be a back up for SF. He did hit well with Streater as an UDFA. As for Criner he is on the bubble but he as good size and hands. Allen said he needs to be more consistant. With our first pick being at the bottom of the 3rd make a draft like that one tough. Time will tell how it all works out.

vCash
    All very true, Hunter. I would never dispute any of those points or what is a reasonable expectation of such a handicapped draft class. It just would have been nice to have gotten more than it currently appears.

vCash
    I have to say that with the exception of that last game against the Chiefs Sio Moore hasn't really been all that productive. Maybe Martez Wilson can step in and be our strongside LB?

vCash
    I think Sio has been quite solid, but his impact has been hampered by the expected unreadiness to remain on the field on all downs and situations. I've been fine with his play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Renz13 View Post
    All very true, Hunter. I would never dispute any of those points or what is a reasonable expectation of such a handicapped draft class. It just would have been nice to have gotten more than it currently appears.
    of course It would have been great to get a guy like Kousins at the bottom of the 3rd with Morris in the 4th Burfict in the 5th Ihenacho in the 6th Bolden in the 7th with getting Streater again as an UDFA but having a near perfect draft in almost unheard of no matter what team is drafting.

The 2012 draft was handicapped and hasnt show much so far for us but time will tell how Bergstrom, Burris,Criner, and Crawford do.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast