Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

IGT: New York Rangers (2-5-0) at Philadelphia Flyers (1-7-0)

Philadelphia Flyers (1-7-0)
    vs.
    New York Rangers (2-5-0)

7:00PM

at

The Wells Fargo Center

Leading Scorers and Goalies

Flyers

Brayden Schenn
    2 G 3 A 5 P

Vincent Lecavalier
    1 G 2 A 3 P

Claude Giroux
    0 G 3 A 3 P

Steve Mason
    1-5-0 2.37 GAA .923 SV%

Ray Emery
    0-2-0 4.03 GAA .873 SV%

Rangers

Brad Richards
    4 G 3 A 7 P

Derek Stepan
    0 G 5 A 5 P

Derick Brassard
    0 G 4 A 4 P

Henrik Lundqvist
    2-4-0 3.45 GAA .890 SV%

Cam Talbot
    0-0-0 0.00 GAA .000 SV%

Game Notes:

- Lundqvist, Callahan, Hagelin, and Nash are all OUT for this game
    - Cam Talbot will be making his first career NHL start
    - New line combos and PP units for the Flyers
    - Lecavalier expected to play and play RW on the first line
    - Hartnell not expected to play, but did participate fully in practice on Wednesday
    - No word yet on who is in goal for the Flyers, but it is expected that Mason will get the start

vCash
    Hope we don't underestimate them because of their key injuries...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    Hope we don't underestimate them because of their key injuries...
    that's a legitimate concern, but frankly, with 6 days off, and a 1-7-0 record, they don't get to take this team lightly. they had 6 days off from games, they worked their ***** off in practice, Vinny will be back to boost the offense (hopefully).

if they take this game lightly, it's a huge slap in the face to Chief and the rest of the organization.

vCash
    Mason in net as expected.

vCash
    I think Hank being out is a lose-lose for the Flyers. If they come out and get shut-down again, they will be even more down not being able to score on a rookie with a bad team. But if they come out and score a ton, you cant get too confident because it was against a rookie goalie...on a bad team. No matter what happens tonight, because Lundquist isnt in it, nothing great can come of it.
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.", "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.", "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, it makes you stronger!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarewrong View Post
    I think Hank being out is a lose-lose for the Flyers. If they come out and get shut-down again, they will be even more down not being able to score on a rookie with a bad team. But if they come out and score a ton, you cant get too confident because it was against a rookie goalie...on a bad team. No matter what happens tonight, because Lundquist isnt in it, nothing great can come of it.

that's really quite ridiculous.

if the fans want to say it doesn't matter if they score a ton tonight, big ****ing deal. as long as it gives the players confidence, that's all that matters.

you really think they care how they win or who they are playing? they just need a goddamn win and to score some goals. that's their focus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    that's really quite ridiculous.

if the fans want to say it doesn't matter if they score a ton tonight, big ****ing deal. as long as it gives the players confidence, that's all that matters.

you really think they care how they win or who they are playing? they just need a goddamn win and to score some goals. that's their focus.
    I'm not worried about what the fans think. Sure it will be annoying not knowing if they scored because they are improving or because they faced a rookie goalie on a bad team. But really, do you think the players will feel much better? Would you? If you faced a kid in skee ball, would you feel good about beating him?
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.", "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.", "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, it makes you stronger!"

vCash
    I'm not worried about what the fans think. Sure it will be annoying not knowing if they scored because they are improving or because they faced a rookie goalie on a bad team. But really, do you think the players will feel much better? Would you? If you faced a kid in skee ball, would you feel good about beating him?

Are you comparing a professional sport, a sport that is a job for these guys, in which they are playing like absolute garbage, to me playing a child in skee ball?

I'm sure you've seen Fast and Furious. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning is winning.

All the Flyers should be concerned about is getting a win. Does it count less in the standings just because they are playing an injured opponent? You can only play the games on your schedule. It's not like Berube can call up the NHL and say, "You know what, these guys are decimated. If we win, we won't feel good about it. Give us a tougher opponent tonight."

It doesn't matter who they are playing. I don't care if the Rangers called up their entire AHL roster to play this game. That's not something they can control, so that's not something they should be concerned with. The Flyers need to come out hard, give a full 60 minutes, and if they win, use it as momentum to carry into the next game.

The Flyers are 1-7-0. They've lost 7 out of 8 games. They don't get to decide whether they feel good or not if they win tonight. This is the game that came up on their schedule, so this is the game they have to play.

They need to win. Period. Does it feel better when you beat a seemingly tough opponent? Sure. But that's not how athletes are supposed to think. What you're speaking of, is exactly how teams end up going out there and just throwing their sticks on the ice expecting to win and end up losing.

You take all your opponents the same way. You go out, give it everything you have, fight for every inch, and earn the outcome. The way you play should not be dictated by who your opponent is that day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Are you comparing a professional sport, a sport that is a job for these guys, in which they are playing like absolute garbage, to me playing a child in skee ball?

I'm sure you've seen Fast and Furious. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning is winning.

All the Flyers should be concerned about is getting a win. Does it count less in the standings just because they are playing an injured opponent? You can only play the games on your schedule. It's not like Berube can call up the NHL and say, "You know what, these guys are decimated. If we win, we won't feel good about it. Give us a tougher opponent tonight."

It doesn't matter who they are playing. I don't care if the Rangers called up their entire AHL roster to play this game. That's not something they can control, so that's not something they should be concerned with. The Flyers need to come out hard, give a full 60 minutes, and if they win, use it as momentum to carry into the next game.

The Flyers are 1-7-0. They've lost 7 out of 8 games. They don't get to decide whether they feel good or not if they win tonight. This is the game that came up on their schedule, so this is the game they have to play.

They need to win. Period. Does it feel better when you beat a seemingly tough opponent? Sure. But that's not how athletes are supposed to think. What you're speaking of, is exactly how teams end up going out there and just throwing their sticks on the ice expecting to win and end up losing.

You take all your opponents the same way. You go out, give it everything you have, fight for every inch, and earn the outcome. The way you play should not be dictated by who your opponent is that day.
    I think your taking what I was saying the wrong way. Everyone keeps saying that the issue the Flyers are having is confidence. IMO When things are going against you the way they are now for the Flyers, a win against such a bad team with a rookie goalie isn't going to do much to build confidence. Maybe if Lundquist was in it would. I'm not saying they should take it lightly, I just think its unfortunate. IMO I think they will come out strong with Lecavalier back in the line-up, and they will win. I also think they will win against the Islanders, and they will begin to build a little confidence. But I would hate for them to lose either that game or the next and begin to question how good they could be because of the wins they got were against poor or average opponents.

vCash
    I think your taking what I was saying the wrong way. Everyone keeps saying that the issue the Flyers are having is confidence. IMO When things are going against you the way they are now for the Flyers, a win against such a bad team with a rookie goalie isn't going to do much to build confidence. Maybe if Lundquist was in it would. I'm not saying they should take it lightly, I just think its unfortunate. IMO I think they will come out strong with Lecavalier back in the line-up, and they will win. I also think they will win against the Islanders, and they will begin to build a little confidence. But I would hate for them to lose either that game or the next and begin to question how good they could be because of the wins they got were against poor or average opponents.

I get what you're saying, I just don't agree. At 1-7-0, any win should build confidence. I'm not saying the Flyers should jump for joy after this game if they win; but they should use it as momentum into their next game. I don't care if it's 1-0, 7-0, 5-4....it's a win, use it as fuel to want to play even better the next game.

vCash
    I like the line shuffles tonight!

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    the islanders and the ducks are both tough upcoming games

both i think will be L's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    the islanders and the ducks are both tough upcoming games

both i think will be L's
    did elate hack your account?

vCash
    not excited about Schenn centering line #2. Schenn is TERRIBLE at faceoffs, just flat out terrible. I predict that 2nd line being useless. Schenn and McGinn arent very offense saavy, they need to be a part of an already talented line.

But the 3rd line of Read - Couturier - Simmonds is awesome. Thats 3 players right where they belong, and they should do a great job of it.

Excited to see Raffl on the 1st line

vCash
    there has been 0 visible improvement and we aren't skating well still ... i think we are just that speed, and might need to accept it.

this still looks terrible, and with 6 straight days of practice, i do expect crispness - not what i'm seeing

"this team needs anything good to happen" - coatsy

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast