Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,091
    vCash
    1500

    Jets sign Ras-I Dowling


    Free agent CBs Ras-I Dowling and Curtis Marsh worked out for the Jets on Tuesday.

    It's an indication Dee Milliner (undisclosed) could be in danger of missing Week 8. The No. 33 pick of the 2011 draft, Dowling has been on the open market since the Patriots waived him in August. He worked out for the Texans last month.

    Oct 22 - 6:56 PMSource: Rich Cimini on Twitter

    it looks like a done deal... Ras is on the practice squad....the web is buzzing he's a jet....take that new England

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SINATRACITY View Post
    Free agent CBs Ras-I Dowling and Curtis Marsh worked out for the Jets on Tuesday.

    It's an indication Dee Milliner (undisclosed) could be in danger of missing Week 8. The No. 33 pick of the 2011 draft, Dowling has been on the open market since the Patriots waived him in August. He worked out for the Texans last month.

    Oct 22 - 6:56 PMSource: Rich Cimini on Twitter

    it looks like a done deal... Ras is on the practice squad....the web is buzzing he's a jet....take that new England
    Where is Cimini getting info that Milliner might not play? Did they have a practice Tuesday?

    I personally think it's because they have a deal on the table involving Kyle Wilson. The Jets didn't bring in CB's when Wilson had a concussion or when Milliner was previously out for weeks. Why do they need one now?

    BTW, I think Dowling could be given time at safety although NE tried this too.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 10-23-2013 at 12:17 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    255
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe:27262588
    Quote Originally Posted by SINATRACITY View Post
    Free agent CBs Ras-I Dowling and Curtis Marsh worked out for the Jets on Tuesday.

    It's an indication Dee Milliner (undisclosed) could be in danger of missing Week 8. The No. 33 pick of the 2011 draft, Dowling has been on the open market since the Patriots waived him in August. He worked out for the Texans last month.

    Oct 22 - 6:56 PMSource: Rich Cimini on Twitter

    it looks like a done deal... Ras is on the practice squad....the web is buzzing he's a jet....take that new England
    Where is Cimini getting info that Milliner might not play? Did they have a practice Tuesday?

    I personally think it's because they have a deal on the table involving Kyle Wilson. The Jets didn't bring in CB's when Wilson had a concussion or when Milliner was previously out for weeks. Why do they need one now?
    I totally agree with you

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,089
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    Where is Cimini getting info that Milliner might not play? Did they have a practice Tuesday?

    I personally think it's because they have a deal on the table involving Kyle Wilson. The Jets didn't bring in CB's when Wilson had a concussion or when Milliner was previously out for weeks. Why do they need one now?

    BTW, I think Dowling could be given time at safety although NE tried this too.
    Tuesday is an off day.

    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 1m
    Dee Milliner also out for warmups #nyj


    ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Stumble Inn UES
    Posts
    5,562
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    Where is Cimini getting info that Milliner might not play? Did they have a practice Tuesday?

    I personally think it's because they have a deal on the table involving Kyle Wilson. The Jets didn't bring in CB's when Wilson had a concussion or when Milliner was previously out for weeks. Why do they need one now?

    BTW, I think Dowling could be given time at safety although NE tried this too.
    I feel like I've seen you mention this a few times now. Not that I'm saying you're wrong or anything, but what makes you think their trading Wilson? I'm just curious, not calling you out or anything.
    Go Knicks!

    All time

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    226
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    Where is Cimini getting info that Milliner might not play? Did they have a practice Tuesday?

    I personally think it's because they have a deal on the table involving Kyle Wilson. The Jets didn't bring in CB's when Wilson had a concussion or when Milliner was previously out for weeks. Why do they need one now?

    BTW, I think Dowling could be given time at safety although NE tried this too.
    Thats what I was thinking too, we NEVER brought in any CBs when we had injuries at the position. Dowling had been a free agent since August why would we all of a sudden bring him and Marsh in for a workout? And the fact that Dowling is more of a nickel guy makes me think Kyle is potentially on the move. Why bring in a nickel guy when we have Wilson, I don't believe Wilson is hurt, I may be wrong on that though. I have heard rumors that Wilson was involved in the potential Gordon trade but the sources were not credible. You never know though.
    NY Jets 8-8
    In Rex We Trust

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Tuesday is an off day.

    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 1m
    Dee Milliner also out for warmups #nyj
    That can mean two things - it's not clear English. Does that mean he's OUT for warmups (meaning out?) or out FOR (meaning participating in) warmups?
    I actually like this guy - he's on Jets Blog, I think. My bad, that's Brian Bassett.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 10-23-2013 at 12:58 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,089
    vCash
    1500
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 3m
    Ras-I Dowling is on the bike to start practice #nyj


    ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,089
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    That can mean two things - it's not clear English. Does that mean he's OUT for warmups (meaning out?) or out FOR (meaning participating in) warmups?
    I actually like this guy - he's on Jets Blog, I think.
    He's from the Post.
    He's practicing.


    ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Another thing, if Dowling was brought in to temporarily replace Milliner, he wouldn't be on the practice squad...unless there's a roster spot cleared. I'm standing by my dot-connection that a trade is brewing involving Kyle Wilson. I don't have much else to go on except the circumstantial moves.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    6,743
    vCash
    1500
    I cant see the benefit of trading Wilson in all honesty. We drafted him with a 1st round pick only 2/3 years ago and while he has not shown ability on the outside he has found a niche in the slot, a luxury not many NFL teams have. Replacing him for what we could get for him (5-7th?) is not an easy task IMO.

    Also, the fact Milliner has shown to be made of glass means we need all the bodies we can get.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    22,034
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    I cant see the benefit of trading Wilson in all honesty. We drafted him with a 1st round pick only 2/3 years ago and while he has not shown ability on the outside he has found a niche in the slot, a luxury not many NFL teams have. Replacing him for what we could get for him (5-7th?) is not an easy task IMO.

    Also, the fact Milliner has shown to be made of glass means we need all the bodies we can get.
    The only reason people are guessing this is because of the Gordon rumors. So I believe they believe that Wilson will be part of a package with some sort of draft picks going to the Browns.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Meow
    Posts
    30,865
    vCash
    1500
    Dowling's skill set work best as a cover 2 corner. I don't think he has the ability to play a lot of man coverage, which is our DB's mo.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    22,227
    vCash
    1500
    I disagree with that assessment, or at least the man coverage part. I think Dowling is built for that scheme. If he's healthy I think you guys landed a potential #2 CB. He always looked pretty solid to me. The problem was the sample size was severely limited by the fact that this guy can't finish a game without getting hurt. He's Danny Amendola level injury prone except he doesn't even need to get hit to sustain an injury. IDK if he's just not flexible enough or whatever but he's always out. No risk move with potential big time reward though for you guys.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

    Trill Team

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Meow
    Posts
    30,865
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I disagree with that assessment, or at least the man coverage part. I think Dowling is built for that scheme. If he's healthy I think you guys landed a potential #2 CB. He always looked pretty solid to me. The problem was the sample size was severely limited by the fact that this guy can't finish a game without getting hurt. He's Danny Amendola level injury prone except he doesn't even need to get hit to sustain an injury. IDK if he's just not flexible enough or whatever but he's always out. No risk move with potential big time reward though for you guys.
    I don't know. I was going by all of his pre-draft scouting reports and every summary or conclusion stated that he's best suited in a cover 2 defense.

    It's all good to me as a Jets fan. He's athletic with very good size for a CB and was a high draft pick not too long ago. One thing the Jets can do is develop CB's so it's a good sign regardless of what happens with Dowling.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •