Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Yankees franchise revaluated at 3.3 billion.....

Via Bloomberg Billionaires and Yahoo

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily...125423194.html

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    If they ever decide to sell, it will probably be worth even more than that.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    In other words, ownership made about $1 billion dollars since last year in net worth (was about 2.3 billion last year). I would hope this $300 million dollar spending spree would be true after hearing that. The austerity budget seems kind of silly when you consider that.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

vCash
    Interesting that the team gained a billion in net worth over the course of one of the most depressing seasons in recent memory. No playoffs, attendance down, YES ratings down... how do you gain a billion in net worth?

Edit: inflation? Only possibility I can come up with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    In other words, ownership made about $1 billion dollars since last year in net worth (was about 2.3 billion last year). I would hope this $300 million dollar spending spree would be true after hearing that. The austerity budget seems kind of silly when you consider that.
    Don't compare that worth of a franchise with liquid assets. When you consider that much of the value of the franchise is in assets not cash, this logic does NOT work.

Still, as with anything the franchise is only worth what someone is willing to pay... Take these numbers for what they are.. estimates... because right now, the only entity that has the $$$$ to buy that is the government... oh, wait, they are in debt by many trillions... but they don't care.. its not there money anyway.

vCash
    thats a nice chunk of change
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    Don't compare that worth of a franchise with liquid assets. When you consider that much of the value of the franchise is in assets not cash, this logic does NOT work.

Still, as with anything the franchise is only worth what someone is willing to pay... Take these numbers for what they are.. estimates... because right now, the only entity that has the $$$$ to buy that is the government... oh, wait, they are in debt by many trillions... but they don't care.. its not there money anyway.
    Dude come on Obama is the best president we have ever had! Its all george bush's Fault!

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    Dude come on Obama is the best president we have ever had! Its all george bush's Fault!
    Really? I hope you were joking.

vCash
    Joking.. What?? Really? Dude I'm so cereal right now I need whole milk!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    Spoken like a true Democrat... then again, Your sig is showing guns on the flag...Talk about a study in contradiction...

I am sure anybody with a brain will realize that the democrats are really trying to take this country into Communism... Then again... Democrats still win elections.. so maybe the people as a whole are not a smart as they should be.

vCash
    ^lol

vCash
    [QUOTE=bfrap;27274251]Spoken like a true Democrat... then again, Your sig is showing guns on the flag...Talk about a study in contradiction...

I am sure anybody with a brain will realize that the democrats are really trying to take this country into Communism... Then again... Democrats still win elections.. so maybe the people as a whole are not a smart as they should be.

In the demorcat forum on propatriotismdaily.com right now and they are talking about wether or not we should resign cano...Weird

vCash
    This whole thread just went full retard.

Please don't talk politics when: 1.) You have no idea what the **** you are talking about and 2.) Go to the politics forum. We have one of those.

I don't want to sit here and read ignorant comments made by ignorant people. ****ing morons want to stand up and speak now but didn't want to say anything when our last monkey of a President (Bush) took this country from a surplus to the biggest economic disaster since the Great Depression. And I won't even get started on the reasons as to why REPUBLICANS ****ed this country up and will continue to do so. Take your racist ***** to the politics forum.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go have some fun with my Bushmaster, Remington, and place my order for my 1911. MURICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    New York Yankees
    FC Bayern Munchen

Bundesliga: Wins- 25 / Draw- 3 / Loss- 2
    DFB-Pokal-Wins- 5 / Loss- 0 Finals vs Borussia Dortmund
    Champions League- Semi-Finals vs. Real Madrid.

1st Leg- April 23rd in Madrid.
    2nd Leg- April 29th in Munich.

vCash
    New York Yankees
    FC Bayern Munchen

Bundesliga: Wins- 25 / Draw- 3 / Loss- 2
    DFB-Pokal-Wins- 5 / Loss- 0 Finals vs Borussia Dortmund
    Champions League- Semi-Finals vs. Real Madrid.

1st Leg- April 23rd in Madrid.
    2nd Leg- April 29th in Munich.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees90. View Post
    This whole thread just went full retard.

Please don't talk politics when: 1.) You have no idea what the **** you are talking about and 2.) Go to the politics forum. We have one of those.

I don't want to sit here and read ignorant comments made by ignorant people. ****ing morons want to stand up and speak now but didn't want to say anything when our last monkey of a President (Bush) took this country from a surplus to the biggest economic disaster since the Great Depression. And I won't even get started on the reasons as to why REPUBLICANS ****ed this country up and will continue to do so. Take your racist ***** to the politics forum.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go have some fun with my Bushmaster, Remington, and place my order for my 1911. MURICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    However, in all fairness, your argument is just as partisan and really just as flawed as those whom you try to countermand.

Regardless of who holds power, our economic outlook cannot continue to support a frivolous consumer based economy.

Clinton tried to rescue the economy by encouraging everyone to buy computers and invest in the Internet and we had the resultant tech bubble and crash. Bush tried to rescue the economy by pushing everyone into housing and we had the resultant housing bubble and crash. Obama tried to push everyone into more efficient vehicles (cash for clunkers), then housing (the 2009 homeowners credit (under Bush the money had to be paid back to the government over a 15 year period, under Obama you got it for free), the attempts to jump start the alternative energy industry, and on and on it goes.

Bottom line, before you go name calling please understands that as long as we blindly covet the next big fad and allow ourselves to be led around by the culture of celebrity and a compliant media like sheeple, the accounts have come due and we as a country can't pay.

I hate to validate Putin but he was dead on when he said what the rest of the world is really thinking but not many of us are comfortable admitting...

And so, a new era begins.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast