Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Week 8 - Bye Week Discussion

Alright folks, it's that time of year again. Colts are 5-2 and currently hold a 2 game lead in the AFC South. ESPN ranked the Colts #2 in their weekly power rankings. CBS also has us really high. We're no longer flying under the radar, but it is nice to gain the respect of the nation.

Anyway, for the past 3 years I've posted a series of questions in each bye week thread. This year will be no different. It's a good time killer and it can spark conversation.

The questions are Colts/NFL related and some of them are recycled from last year's bye week discussion thread as well as previous ones. There isn't really an order to them, mostly jumbled. Answer all or some:

1. The Colts are 5-2... Overall have you been encouraged or discouraged by these first 7 games?

2. Which player has been the biggest surprise this year?

3. Which player has been the biggest disappointment this year?

4. Who is your favorite offseason acquisition?

5. What injury hurts us the most (Ballard, Bradshaw, Allen, Thomas)? Not including Wayne because we've yet to see how the team plays without him

6. How would you grade Luck's season so far?

7. What do you think Luck still needs to work on?

8. Is Andrew Luck a top 5 QB as of this moment?

9. If not, who's ahead of him?

10. We have a large sample size of Chuck Pagano, so what do you think of him as a coach?

11. What do you think of Pep Hamilton thus far?

12. Opinions on Manusky?

13. Who should be this team's primary kick returner and punt returner?

14. Name your 3 favorite and least favorite Indianapolis Colts.

15. Every team has a scapegoat... who do you consider this team's scapegoat?

16. It is 4th and 1. Do you have more faith in our offense picking up that one yard or our defense preventing it?

17. Relating to previous question, It is 4th and 1 from the opponents 35 yard line. Without context (score, time, etc), do you have more faith in Vin nailing the 53 yard fg or our offense picking up the first?

18. How many more games should we give Trent Richardson before jumping to conclusions?

19. What little-known player will make a big impact the rest of the year?

20. 7 games in, how would you evaluate Grigson's offseason (draft and FA/trades)?

21. What player do you think gets too much criticism that isn't necessarily warranted

22. What player deserves more praise?

23. Name 3 players you want the Colts to target ahead of the 2013 trade deadline (next week).

24. Pep or Arians?

25. If Peyton was on the Colts and Luck was on Denver, how many wins would each team have?

26. How many wins will the Colts finish with this year?

27. What are your thoughts on Peyton's record setting season?

28. Who is the 2nd best team in the AFC South?

29. Can the Colts make any noise in the playoffs without Reggie Wayne?

30. Who wins the NFC/AFC? Superbowl?

31. Who are the Colts top 5 players, regardless of position?

32. Vontae, Bethea, Angerer are all FA's after this year... if the Colts could only choose 1, who would you pick?

33. How would you rank the 2012 QB draft class after their first 23 games?

34. Besides Peyton, and Indy, who are you rooting for to win this year's SB?

35. Why is the Offensive line so bad every year?

36. How many wins would we have if Hasselbeck was the starter?

37. Which 2nd half game are you most looking forward to?

38. Who should be the Texans QB?

39. Favorite play or moment from these first 7 games?

40. What FA departure do you miss the most?

41. What do you think of Irsay?

42. Do you hate the Polians more than Tom Brady?

43. Which Colt that isn't in the ring of honor should be in their ring of honor?

44. What's your next Colts jersey purchase going to be?

45. Who should the Jaguars pick with their 1st round pick?

46. I still can't believe we're a top 3 football team. Are you guys buying the hype?

47. As of now, what's the Colts biggest off season needs?

48. Is your fantasy team doing good?

49. I'm sure you got tired of answering questions after like the 12th one, but you're almost done!

50. Feel free to add anything else.

------------------------

Done.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Damn dude you asked more questions then my 5 year old ...lol! J/K

I will say this, 5-2 is awesome and where I thought we would be but the 2 would have come from San Fran and Seattle not Miami and San Diego?

So far I believe Cherilus has been our best off season addition but if Landry was healthier he would be it.

Luck has been phenomenal despite Pep's restraints and a solid A.

Pag's is the man.....Pep needs to get a little more creative and Manusky has done a fine job, Indy is one of three teams to hold opponents to under 100 points so far this season.
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    1. The Colts are 5-2... Overall have you been encouraged or discouraged by these first 7 games?
    Overall I'm pretty damn happy where we are at. At the start of the season I had us losing to the Donkeys and Seahawks. The thing that I find discouraging was said by someone else here, we tend to play down to our opponent.

For me it is Donald Brown. He has had some big runs when we really needed it. I had the guy completely written off.

Trent Richardson. He's only been here for a handful of games, but I was expecting him to have a big impact right away.

RJF then Cherilus

5. What injury hurts us the most (Ballard, Bradshaw, Allen, Thomas)? Not including Wayne because we've yet to see how the team plays without him
    Toss up between Allen and Bradshaw. I'm leaning more towards Allen because he was able to do so many things for us.

A

?

Right now I don't think so, but I will say I wouldn't want any other QB for the Colts.

Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers, Rivers/Stafford are all playing at a high level.

10. We have a large sample size of Chuck Pagano, so what do you think of him as a coach?
    Overall i'm very satisfied

Meh, So far NOT so good.

12. Opinions on Manusky?
    I like what he's doing.

Normally i'd say T.Y. Hilton, but with our WR situation now I don't know.

1) Luck obviously
    2) Reggie Wayne
    3) Robert Mathis

?

16. It is 4th and 1. Do you have more faith in our offense picking up that one yard or our defense preventing it?

Offense

17. Relating to previous question, It is 4th and 1 from the opponents 35 yard line. Without context (score, time, etc), do you have more faith in Vin nailing the 53 yard fg or our offense picking up the first?

Offense

18. How many more games should we give Trent Richardson before jumping to conclusions?

I'd say I need to see something by week 11.

Lavon Brazil...... hopefully

20. 7 games in, how would you evaluate Grigson's offseason (draft and FA/trades)?

B+

21. What player do you think gets too much criticism that isn't necessarily warranted
    Probably Donald Brown

RJF

23. Name 3 players you want the Colts to target ahead of the 2013 trade deadline (next week).
    Not sure really. Josh Gordon is the guy who I would want.

24. Pep or Arians?
    Arians

25. If Peyton was on the Colts and Luck was on Denver, how many wins would each team have?

?

12-4

Happy for him, but at the same time I don't really care. I have said before that my hatred of the Broncos outweighs my love for Manning.

Titans

I think an upgrade at receiver needs to be made. With that said I like our chances if we get a 2-3 seed. A first round match up against the loser of the West would be brutal game.

Saints vs Colts. Colts win

homerism aside. Denver vs Saints. Denver wins

Healthy? Luck, Wayne, Mathis, Davis, Bethea

32. Vontae, Bethea, Angerer are all FA's after this year... if the Colts could only choose 1, who would you pick?

Vontae Davis

Overall A. Still disappointed with Fleener so far though.

Anyone but New England, New Orleans, and Seattle.

I wish I had the answer

1. Jacksonville

Probably the Cheifs

I'd stick with Schaub

Trading for Richardson. I was super excited.

?

I like him. I think it's cool, how he keeps the fans updated and informed.

Tom Brady

43. Which Colt that isn't in the ring of honor should be in their ring of honor?

Still haven't got a Luck jersey

Don't really follow college

46. I still can't believe we're a top 3 football team. Are you guys buying the hype?

This team is legit. Injury bug could affect that though

O-Line. WR

Horrible. In one of my leagues I had Dwayne Allen, C.J. Spiller, David Willson, MJD, Julio Jones, and Reggie Wayne

49. I'm sure you got tired of answering questions after like the 12th one, but you're almost done!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Alright folks, it's that time of year again. Colts are 5-2 and currently hold a 2 game lead in the AFC South. ESPN ranked the Colts #2 in their weekly power rankings. CBS also has us really high. We're no longer flying under the radar, but it is nice to gain the respect of the nation.

Anyway, for the past 3 years I've posted a series of questions in each bye week thread. This year will be no different. It's a good time killer and it can spark conversation.

The questions are Colts/NFL related and some of them are recycled from last year's bye week discussion thread as well as previous ones. There isn't really an order to them, mostly jumbled. Answer all or some:

I'm going to say discouraged because the team played down to competition.

Delano Howell.

Antoine Bethea.

LaRon Landry because he brings a new nastiness to this defense.

Allen because of the role he was going to have within the offense.

A-, would have been an A if he didn't throw the pick against Miami. Just a horrible decision/pass.

Decision making. Also some times he tries to do too much like throwing at the last second when the better play would be going out of bounds.

Probably. Whenever Pep lets him loose, he wins games for us.

Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, Romo, Luck.

Excellent motivator, and will probably get a lot of wins in this league, but if he didn't have Luck as his QB, not sure how good he'd be. Excellent DB coach though.

Mediocre.

12. Opinions on Manusky?
    Now that he has talent to work with, he is actually decent.

Kerwyn Williams. Bring him back.

Favorite: Luck, Fleener, and Bethea. Least favorite: McGlynn, Satele, and the rest of the Oline minus Castanzo and Cherilus.

Mike McGlynn.

Offense because I truly believe Trent would pick up that yard.

Trent would get the yard.

Week 17.. it's only fair.

Da'Rick Rogers.

Draft - bad. FA - Above Average. I'll go B-.

Trent Richardson and DHB

Mathis and Cherilus.

WR, WR, WR.

24. Pep or Arians?
    Arians. He let Luck loose more often than Pep. Perfect situation would be an approach between those 2.

Colts 7, Broncos 5.

Cool to see but I'm tired of the media talking about it.

Houston.

No. Colts don't have a reliable receiver that will catch the ball when the team needs a big catch.

Saints, Bengals. Saints.

Mathis, Luck, Wayne, Davis, Freeman.

Vontae. Can't let a shutdown corner go.

Luck, Wilson, Griffin, Tannehill, Weeden...

49ers.

I honestly have no idea.

1. Jacksonville.

Home game against Houston.

Keenum. They probably aren't good enough to win division so look to future.

Trent's first TD against Niners.

Ijalana. I think he could have been a help to interior Oline.

Funny and the biggest Colts fan.

No, but it's close.

Saturday. Is he there?

Landry.

Bridgewater.

No. Not without Wayne.

MLB (Angerer, Conner), S (Bethea), CB (Davis), WR (DHB, Wayne injury), Offensive line

Can't complain.

Yes.

I should probably have posted fewer Questions.

------------------------

Done.
    Great!
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    This is one of the most stress-free Sundays I have had in a very long time.

#iubb

vCash
    FYI that Dickerson guy on Denver who got the late call on roughing up Luck last week (when luck got called for a flop) did the same thing to RG3 just now and got the same call.

#iubb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    This is one of the most stress-free Sundays I have had in a very long time.
    It was also the most boring Sunday I've had all year.

<3

vCash
    ^Agreed, no true killer matchups IMO. I know a decent amount came down to the wire (Detroit/Dallas was awesome), but nothing stood out.

#iubb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    ^Agreed, no true killer matchups IMO. I know a decent amount came down to the wire (Detroit/Dallas was awesome), but nothing stood out.
    It was double bad because all of the afc south contenders are on same bye.

<3

vCash
    I've got a couple of hours while I watch the Pacers and Oladipo, why not? Answers below.

Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post

encouraged by the wins over SF, SEA and DEN. Discouraged by the egg they laid in SD, they've gotta show up against the mediocre teams (see MIA as well).

Mathis - love 98, but I didn't expect him to be so much better in the new role.

I'm going to say the draft class as a whole. We've seen very little to date - let's hope they develop into solid contributors in the 2nd half.

Landry - i know he is suspect in pass coverage, but i love the swagger he brings to the run defense. I had hoped to see more out of Toler.

I think it's going to be Dwayne Allen - RBs are not the difference makers they once were with the current offensive philosophies. Allen does so much (pass protection, run blocking, red zone target, pulling coverage to the middle of the field) and had pretty good hands last season - Fleener does not provide the same value. Losing Wayne will only magnify the loss of Allen and vice versa.

A- - when he starts changing plays at the line of scrimmage to push the ball downfield he gets an A.

All of it and none of it - make sense?

I'm biased, but yes.

1. Brees
    3. Rodgers
    4. Brady
    5. Luck

Great motivator and visionary who is learning how to manage the day to day. He can't continue to let happen what happened in SD.

Probably takes more abuse than he deserves, but it seems like he's fitting the talent into his system rather than creating a system to take advantage of his talent. Of course with the talent level dropping due to injuries, his system may become more necessary.

12. Opinions on Manusky?
    The defense has shown streaks of being dominant. They're becoming more consistently good as they play together more. Mathis, Bethea and Angerer - for the most part everyone else is new in the last 23 games with at least four starters new this season. I think we often underestimate how important the cohesion of playing together is on defense. So yeah, I like what Manusky is doing.

Not David Reed - one of the two biggest questions (why is Reed on this team and why doesn't Kavell Conner get back-up minutes at LB.

Favorites: Luck, Donald Brown, Freeman. Least: David Reed, Samson Satelle and Pep.

Satelle

Probably the offense more consistently - just put the ball in Luck's hands.

Kick it.

The rest of the season - what choice do we have.

It's got to be DHB if the Colts are going to go deep in the playoffs.

FA - Good
    Draft - Bad

Richardson - he gets hit in the backfield often.

Andrew Luck - he might be every bit as important to the Colts now as Manning was two years ago.

NA

24. Pep or Arians?
    BA

Colts - 5
    Denver - 7

let's see if he shows up in the playoffs

Titans

Yes - Andrew Luck is special

Colts vs. Seahawks
    Colts - yeah, i'm a homer.

Luck, Freeman, Mathis, Vontae, would have been wayne, now we need it to be Richardson

Vontae - he has been shutdown.

1. Luck
    2. Wilson
    3. Could be Tannehill, but I'll go with RGIII

4. Tannehill
    5. Cousins

I probably don't know what I'm talking about after #2.

Whoever plays Denver - I don't wish Peyton ill will, but I do not want to see him win. He did a lot of good for the Colts, but he also limited them and didn't play well in big moments - imo.

wish i knew

Chiefs

David Carr

Robert Mathis whacking #18

Edgerin James

Passionate - sometimes misguided

Polians - Brady was paid to ruin the Colts, the Polians did it out arrogance (Bill) and Chris (ignorance)

18 and Jeff Saturday

Maybe Mathis

somebody good for a change

Yes

WR, OL

which one?

8:38 of the 3rd quarter and i started right before the game began

I didn't mention Vontae enough - he has been significant this year.

------------------------

Done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dsolms View Post
    I've got a couple of hours while I watch the Pacers and Oladipo, why not? Answers below.
    Thanks for answering, Dsolms. Loved your answer for #42.

<3