Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Can This Team Win 72 Or More?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES WE CAN! (If we remain 100% healthy)

5 17.24%
  • Maybe, but doubt it. (will most likely hover around 60 wins even if healthy)

7 24.14%
  • No. (Thibs will finally stop burning our guys out in the regular season)

10 34.48%
  • CAN I GET A HELL NO (we won't even come close)

7 24.14%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

If There Were Ever A Season To Break 72-10, This Is It

We have arguably the best defense in the league. Rose-Butler-Deng-Gibson-Noah will be unbreakable. Rose is back at 100%. With a healthy Hinrich and Boozer added to the mix, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we approached 70 wins. Not to mention, (and most importantly), if there were ever a coach with the mentality to go 72-10 or better, its Thibs. He plays our guys 200%, sometimes to a fault. But for all crap he takes, getting 72 wins or more would probably be worth it.
    Cubs Bulls Pirates

vCash
    Lol no

vCash
    62-65 wins if we stay healthy. Brooklyn and Indiana are pretty good teams and Miami is still the bar for excellence. This could be the most entertaining season we have seen in the NBA indecent history including a few years back when Rose took the team to the ECF, just given the story line of Miami and Chicago with Rose returning. It's going to be a highly competitive Eastern Conference. Our defense will be the best we've seen under Thibs. It might be historically good. It's just too much to even speculate any team will come within a few victories of breaking the record.
    Last edited by Chicaaago; 10-22-2013 at 09:20 PM.

vCash

If There Were Ever A Season To Break 72-10, This Is It

72-10 is a bit out of line, but best record in the NBA is very realistic (and expected in my opinion).

I have high hopes for this team. I genuinely think this is the year we do it.

vCash
    umm what?

vCash
    Put the kool aid down. I don't think there will ever be a team that breaks it unless a super team is formed.

vCash
    Nah, if anything, this is the season we save our guys for the playoffs more than ever. That seems to be the pattern based on preseason and what we've heard about the Bulls camp in the offseason. I, for one, would be ecstatic to see Deng, Noah, Rose, etc resting every once in a while in the regular season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggz53 View Post
    Nah, if anything, this is the season we save our guys for the playoffs more than ever. That seems to be the pattern based on preseason and what we've heard about the Bulls camp in the offseason. I, for one, would be ecstatic to see Deng, Noah, Rose, etc resting every once in a while in the regular season.
    As long as nobody is above 37MPG I think it's no big deal.

EDIT: And as a big man with injury history, Noah would preferably be around 30-32.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Might be, might not be. But more-so in terms of guys playing through injuries, which the Bulls are notorious for (big balls). I'd rather see guys get some rest and lose a regular season game than exacerbate any ongoing issue. And I think we'll see a more conservative approach in that regard. It helps to have a good bench again (except for C depth).

vCash
    This is probably the most absurd thread I've ever seen here. Even more absurd than any JB thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flogger View Post
    This is probably the most absurd thread I've ever seen here. Even more absurd than any JB thread.
    Nah, it's not that insane. I mean, the East is super weak, we're in a weak division (sorry Pacers, but you might be an 8 seed out west), and we've won a **** load of games with Rose before. If he's actually way more efficient, and Jimmy is as good as the end of last year or better, plus health, it's crazy, but not that that crazy.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggz53 View Post
    Agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    Nah, it's not that insane. I mean, the East is super weak, we're in a weak division (sorry Pacers, but you might be an 8 seed out west), and we've won a **** load of games with Rose before. If he's actually way more efficient, and Jimmy is as good as the end of last year or better, plus health, it's crazy, but not that that crazy.
    The East is not super weak. The best teams top to bottom are still out West, but the East is far more respectable than its been for what, a decade? Miami/Chicago/Indiana/New York/Brooklyn can all win 50+ games pending on health. Washington/Atlanta should both win 45ish.

vCash
    woah,woah your drinking a bit too much kool-aid.i doubt i'll see it broken ,the league is too strong and we're not even as good as the '96 team ...so def wont happen.i'm guessing somewhere around 58-62

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyBlue2009 View Post
    72-10 is a bit out of line, but best record in the NBA is very realistic (and expected in my opinion).

I have high hopes for this team. I genuinely think this is the year we do it.
    This.

vCash
    You have to understand 10 losses over the course of a season is unbelievable. And with how good the league is this year, I have a tough time seeing that.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast