Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting 5

vCash

Starting 5

Alright so the coaching staff is having trouble picking a consensus starting five. According to Michael Malone, he polled the other coaches and there were several different votes.

That being said, who do you think should start?

Vasquez
    McLemore
    Mbah a Moute
    Patterson
    Cousins

Three is the toughest position for me to pick.

On 2k14 I start thornton and memory together lol but defense is irrelevant in video games haha

vCash
    Vasquez
    Thornton
    Salmons
    Patterson
    Cousins

I expect that it won't take long until McLemore earns the starting job, but I want to see him earn it in the regular season where the games actually matter. I wouldn't start him just based on the preseason. I'll go with the veteran for now.

SF could go a bunch of different ways. I think Salmons is our best SF overall so I named him the starter, but I think the starter should be decided by the match-up. LRMAM or even Outlaw wouldn't shock me though.

PF could also change based on the match-up, but I think we need JT off the bench for some size when that unit plays. A Patterson and Hayes duo would get destroyed. Also should consider who Patterson plays best with, and I think that will be Vasquez. I totally understand if JT starts though just because he probably will earn it, and I expect he'll be playing with the starters pretty often even if he is coming off the bench.
    2013 Adopt-a-Packer: Aaron Rodgers

vCash
    Now that Keith Smart is gone we can't pick names out of a hat...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    PG: Vasquez
    SG: McLemore
    SF: Mbah a Moute
    PF: Thompson
    C: Cousins

With this lineup the Kings will be aggressive on the boards (which Malone is focused on) and defense.
    Then the Kings can bring fire power off the bench when needed. Hopefully our bench can develop into the "Bench Mob 2.0".

PG: Thomas
    SG: Thornton
    SF: Salmons
    PF: Patterson
    C: Hayes (fire power, not so much)

vCash
    Vasquez
    McLemore
    Salmons
    JT
    Boogie

Thornton is better coming off the bench. IT will be better off the bench now that we have a pass 1st PG. Salmons is the best choice at SF. Luc isn't healthy yet, right??

I think JT will start, but will be backing up Boogie a lot, so Patterson should get a good amount of minutes.

Do I really need to give a reason why Boogie is gonna start??

I can't wait until the season opener!!!

vCash
    It's funny seeing McLemore in everybody's starting 5 now.

vCash
    I would start.

Vazquez
    Thorton
    Salmons
    Thompson
    Cousins.

The reason I would start Thorton over Mclemore. I would rather see Mclemore get more playing time against the second team. The other reason is rookies generally can't handle the increased playing time. They are use to 32 game seasons playing 2 games a week. They get to the NBA with a 82 game schedule and 3 to 4 games a week and they wear down over the course of the season especially with a increased mins workload. There is no reason to rush Mclemore, let him get his feet wet against second team players and when he performs during the regular season he will deserve a starting spot.

I disagree that Thorton is better suited for 6th man. I think last season he proved that as a 6th man he performed poorly. I think Thorton should start the season opener.

Mbah should not start, His knee is a problem and he needs to play a reduced role. I have a feeling that for him to be effective this season his minutes will need to be limited.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I would start.

Vazquez
    Thorton
    Salmons
    Thompson
    Cousins.

The reason I would start Thorton over Mclemore. I would rather see Mclemore get more playing time against the second team. The other reason is rookies generally can't handle the increased playing time. They are use to 32 game seasons playing 2 games a week. They get to the NBA with a 82 game schedule and 3 to 4 games a week and they wear down over the course of the season especially with a increased mins workload. There is no reason to rush Mclemore, let him get his feet wet against second team players and when he performs during the regular season he will deserve a starting spot.

I disagree that Thorton is better suited for 6th man. I think last season he proved that as a 6th man he performed poorly. I think Thorton should start the season opener.

Mbah should not start, His knee is a problem and he needs to play a reduced role. I have a feeling that for him to be effective this season his minutes will need to be limited.
    Thank you. I'm glad someone agrees with me. I'm excited about McLemore, too, but we should ease him into this. No reason for him to be baptized by fire by being thrown in against other starting SGs day 1 when we have a capable starting SG on our roster already. We can afford to nurture him a bit until he proves he's ready to start.
    2013 Adopt-a-Packer: Aaron Rodgers

vCash
    Is Salmons really who we want @ sf? Uhhggg... call me crazy, start outlaw.

Vasquez / I.t.
    Thornton / b mac
    Outlaw / ?? 《----- such a hole @ sf.
    Pat / j.t. / hayes
    Cuz / j.t. / hayes

vCash
    Just to be different:

Isaiah
    Vasquez
    Thornton
    Outlaw
    Cousins

Hire Nelly as a team consultant. Let's go!

My actual answer is: Vasquez, McLemore, Mbah, JT, Cuz.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    Thank you. I'm glad someone agrees with me. I'm excited about McLemore, too, but we should ease him into this. No reason for him to be baptized by fire by being thrown in against other starting SGs day 1 when we have a capable starting SG on our roster already. We can afford to nurture him a bit until he proves he's ready to start.
    I am also excited about Mclemore. I hated the last 2 draft choices from day 1 but I think Mclemore has the chance to be a All Star quality SG. He will eventually be the starter, probably at some point during this season. I just think there is a lot more good reasons for him to start opening day coming off the bench. If he continues to play well during the regular season it will warrant him more playing time and eventually if he outplays Thorton he will start over Thorton. I also think Thorton has shown he performs better as a starter not coming off the bench.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    i agree with both of you. McLemore will be great in due time. Just cant wear him down and crush his confidence too early on.

Vazquez
    Thornton
    Salmons
    JT
    Cousins

vCash
    IT
    Thornton
    Mbah a Moute
    JT
    Boogie

I think IT will start the season as our starting PG. Obviously I don't see what happens in practice, but it doesn't look like Vazquez has done enough to justify taking IT's job. Also, I don't think our offense has enough punch with Vazquez, Luc, and JT playing at the same time.

vCash
    I don't see how Luc starts. He's not completely healthy, and he's barely had any minutes on a new team.

vCash
    IT
    Ben
    Salmons
    Pat
    Cuz

KINGS . GIANTS . COWBOYS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast