Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Patriots interested in Nicks

http://www.profootballcentral.com/2013/10/17/49ers-patriots-most-interested-in-hakeem-nicks/

Patriots and 49ers most likely destinations for Nicks

vCash
    Nicks is good. Really, really good. It's always a risk bringing a guy in but if you're going to take that chance he's certainly a guy to consider it for. My issue with it is that he's a rental and looking ahead over the cap I don't see a way to re-sign him or even tag him. If we make this move we still need a WR next year, the ones we do have won't be as developed (particularly Dobson who would lose a lot of valuable playing time) and we'd be without the pick(s) it would take (I'm guessing a 3).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    I'll put this here.

I have a "friend" who's in the sports media world and she's the one that told me AGES ago when JAX was supposedly getting Tebow for sure that he was going to NE...eventually. She talks a lot and she's never really wrong since she promises nothing and always has a safety net to cover her behind but anyways...

Last night she left me a message that Patriots talking about trading Mallett to AZ and a WR is coming back.

Today I saw this.

This from:
    Harris Rubenstein @Hrube5297

Host of @TNLonETIN. Patriots writer for @PFCentral and Redsox writer for @MLB_Nation. Emerson Class of 2017. blogtalkradio.com/harrisredsox52…

Posted this last night on Twitter:

Harris Rubenstein ‏@Hrube5297 5h
    I’m not confirming anything but right now the trade is 2 2nd round picks and ryan mallett for Larry Fitzgerald. More details in AM if real".
    I personally trust her, some of the **** she says is just too difficult to just make up, she says it's FAR from a done deal though and she speculates Bill wants multiple later provisional picks in return.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I'll put this here.

I have a "friend" who's in the sports media world and she's the one that told me AGES ago when JAX was supposedly getting Tebow for sure that he was going to NE...eventually. She talks a lot and she's never really wrong since she promises nothing and always has a safety net to cover her behind but anyways...

Last night she left me a message that Patriots talking about trading Mallett to AZ and a WR is coming back.

Today I saw this.

I personally trust her, some of the **** she says is just too difficult to just make up, she says it's FAR from a done deal though and she speculates Bill wants multiple later provisional picks in return.
    I mentioned something like this a week ago, but it was brought to my attention that Fitz contract is to high, and he also would have some family issues if he left Arizona. How do they make a Fitz deal happen, can it happen without it crippling our cap & draft?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fla.SticKy View Post
    I mentioned something like this a week ago, but it was brought to my attention that Fitz contract is to high, and he also would have some family issues if he left Arizona. How do they make a Fitz deal happen, can it happen without it crippling our cap & draft?
    I don't know NE's cap situation but I wonder if there's a chance Fitzgerald would take less money to get on a contending team. He seems like maybe the type.

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    **** I gotta go fix my post in the main forum where I said you can't blame his QBs 100% for his decline in production. That way you don't hunt it down if this happens and I start being a homer and say he's the GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I don't know NE's cap situation but I wonder if there's a chance Fitzgerald would take less money to get on a contending team. He seems like maybe the type.
    He does seem like that type. I've heard many of people talk about how his football I.Q is second to none, IMO he would be such a great fit here. Not gonna keep wishing & talking about this though because it will end up like the Dwight Howard rumors in the Celts forum....LOL!

vCash
    I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. I just can't see it happening. But if it did....BradytoFitz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    **** I gotta go fix my post in the main forum where I said you can't blame his QBs 100% for his decline in production. That way you don't hunt it down if this happens and I start being a homer and say he's the GOAT.
    Lol is this directed at me? I'm soooooo confused.

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Christ, I've heard 4 different trade proposals.

Pats trading for Nicks
    Pats in some weird *** blockbuster with the Bucs. Not even gonna post the specifics because I'm guessing Torrance was joking.
    Pats trading Mallett and a 2nd for Gordon
    Pats trading Mallett and 2 2nd's for Fitzgerald

I love trade speculation. Fun even though most proposals don't happen or are even considered

vCash
    ****ing **** **** dick licker...why'd y'all have to say the words "Fitzgerald" "trade" "New England"....now I'm all irrationaly hyped up likely for no reason at the slight possibility of Fitz catching bombs from Brady.

Time to go work out some Madden trades just to see what this would be like.

vCash
    What's Arizona want with Mallett and two #2's? A salary dump and a shot at a rebuild? Couldn't they get more elsewhere?

According to Miquel the Pats are $6.23M under the cap. Fitzgerald is making $10.250M this year. So you have to dump salary, and we just signed an old friend on the DL too. I smell crap.

However, to continue:

The Pats would have to trade 1 or 2 bodies to cut more space for the cap room. Dealing Wilfork would get $5.945M off the cap - and you'd have to think it would cost us more in picks for the carrying charge. Doubt that. Mankins is $5.195M - but given the state of the line - forget that. Cutting/trading Connolly gets you $1.695M - potentially a useful sum, but, again the OL is suspect.

Mayo and a few others get you around a $1M or a bit over. This isn't happening folks.

p.s. we save $87,984.00 if we move Mallett - for those not handy with numbers that qualifies as a drop in the ocean.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    What's Arizona want with Mallett and two #2's? A salary dump and a shot at a rebuild? Couldn't they get more elsewhere?

According to Miquel the Pats are $6.23M under the cap. Fitzgerald is making $10.250M this year. So you have to dump salary, and we just signed an old friend on the DL too. I smell crap.

However, to continue:

The Pats would have to trade 1 or 2 bodies to cut more space for the cap room. Dealing Wilfork would get $5.945M off the cap - and you'd have to think it would cost us more in picks for the carrying charge. Doubt that. Mankins is $5.195M - but given the state of the line - forget that. Cutting/trading Connolly gets you $1.695M - potentially a useful sum, but, again the OL is suspect.

Mayo and a few others get you around a $1M or a bit over. This isn't happening folks.

p.s. we save $87,984.00 if we move Mallett - for those not handy with numbers that qualifies as a drop in the ocean.
    I like reality of numbers and the such. Now Fitz to New England can be safely dumped out of my head. Lets get healthy Amendola! Even though you're allergic to such a nasty word like "healthy"

vCash

Patriots interested in Nicks

We are have way through the season almost so we would only have to pay the remaining of fitz contract

vCash
    Fitz, Nicks, or Gordon I'm 100% fine with.... Can't say I'd mind taking a shot at Blackmon or CS3 either.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast