Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Ryan Griffin

vCash

Ryan Griffin

Saints promote Ryan Griffin...I guess someone was trying to steal him. Now we have to cut someone else though
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    Interesting
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    waived Martez Wilson...I'm very surprised at this. he has so much potential, and there are other guys we could've waived
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan33 View Post
    Saints promote Ryan Griffin...I guess someone was trying to steal him. Now we have to cut someone else though
    It was the Rams

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    I wonder if they have a trade lined up for luke with all these injuries

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan33:27259400
    waived Martez Wilson...I'm very surprised at this. he has so much potential, and there are other guys we could've waived
    Martez let me down I wonder if Vilma has anything to do with Martez being waved.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG20 View Post
    I wonder if they have a trade lined up for luke with all these injuries
    Time to talk to the Rams, lol.

vCash
    From nola.com:

it's apparent the Saints are enamored with Griffin.

Tulane coach Curtis Johnson once told me he had to tell Saints general manager Mickey Loomis to stop talking about Griffin because Loomis was gushing over Griffin. This was before the Saints signed Griffin to a contract as an undrafted rookie.

Several teams worked Griffin out during the draft process, so the word was out on Griffin. The Saints always held a leg up in the race to sign Griffin with Johnson being a former Saints wide receivers coach and how well Griffin understood the Saints' offensive playbook before ever walking in the building.

Griffin played better in training camp than other former Saints draft picks or other undrafted rookie quarterbacks like Sean Canfield and Tyler Paklo. It wasn't even close. The Saints were probably lucky Griffin made it through waivers after letting him go during the final training camp cuts.

The Saints didn't want to mess around once they saw a hospital-floor load of quarterbacks sustain injuries on Sunday.

Payton and Loomis weren't letting Griffin move elsewhere as the Saints drastically bumped up Griffin's pay ($102,000 annually on practice squad, $405,000 annually on a rookie minimum contract) to move him to the 53-man roster rather than have the Rams reportedly swoop in to take him away. Griffin should become the backup quarterback for Drew Brees as early as next season with Luke McCown's contract expiring at the end of this season.

vCash
    Doubt the Saints could much for Luke with his expiring contract. Probably just a move to protect Griffin.