Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What would you like us to do the remainder of the season?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tank

4 28.57%
  • Play hard and try to win every game

3 21.43%
  • Play hard but do not really care if we win or lose

7 50.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Your thoughts on the season

I wanted to poll the Vikings fans and see what you guys think, should we tank the remainder of the season and draft a QB next year, or would yo u rather us try to get every win possible this year?

I am going to add a poll option for the third possibility, wanting us to play hard but don't really care if we win or lose.

My personal thoughts are I'd like us to tank the remainder of the season, but continue to play hard as well. I'd like to get young guys a chance to play. I'd like Cordarrelle to start at WR next to Jennings. I'd like Xavier to be the #1 CB. Sherels to play more than Robinson. Griffen to get more playing time. Gerald Hodges more playing time. And Sharriff more playing time.

vCash
    yard sale. Gauge value of Allen, resign cook to a cheap 2-3 year deal (move to CB #2 or 3 depending on draft/FA) explore all trade opportunities. Greenway is a guy I think we could deal for a decent pick . I don't lie the idea but if he don't get away from the cover 2 he'll never be a force. I suggest that more have on Anthony Barr being available when we pick.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    I chose option #3. I always want to see us win but the closer to the end of the season and we have a shot at #1 then I want us to tank for Teddy. He's the only QB I would feel comfortable drafting in the top 10 to be honest. I know a lot of other guys have high upside but damn we need someone that can come in a play good now while still progress.

I agree with the young guys playing. I think Cook will be gone after this year so I'd like to see Robinson a little bit more on the outside. Sherels should be our slot guy from here on out. We've got some young LB's I'd like to see in Hodges and Mauti. Maybe check some of those OG's because it can't get much worse there.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    I'm pretty disappointed but not really surprised. I knew that if our QB position didn't take off we would struggle this year. I really hoped Ponder would turn into something special but it just didn't happen. I personally hope we do all that we can to get Teddy in the draft next year. While I would love to draft Hundley too, I feel like he isn't going to be ready to play right away.

As far as the current season goes, I most of all would like to see J. Allen shipped out for some picks. I'd also like to get Hodges take over the Will spot. He can't be any worse then Marvin so far. We have so many needs, I hope we fill them through FA so we can draft BPA.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    I totally forgot about the rookie guards we have. I'd also like to see them get some playing time. I just dont want us to be 5-11 and get the 10th pick or something. I'd like a top 5, so we can either trade for the #1 for the QB we want or get one at 5.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    I'm pretty disappointed but not really surprised. I knew that if our QB position didn't take off we would struggle this year. I really hoped Ponder would turn into something special but it just didn't happen. I personally hope we do all that we can to get Teddy in the draft next year. While I would love to draft Hundley too, I feel like he isn't going to be ready to play right away.

As far as the current season goes, I most of all would like to see J. Allen shipped out for some picks. I'd also like to get Hodges take over the Will spot. He can't be any worse then Marvin so far. We have so many needs, I hope we fill them through FA so we can draft BPA.
    I think Marvin Mitchell protected his role after an above-average performance last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    I think Marvin Mitchell protected his role after an above-average performance last night.
    Maybe, but he was also playing against a man they just signed off the streets and a rookie. In general I hope we see more of Mauti and Hodges.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    You know what...Mitchell responded quite well after being benched for Bishop the week before. He was all over the field and was pumped. Honestly I don't ever recall hearing his name in any game prior to last nights. Good for him.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    You know what...Mitchell responded quite well after being benched for Bishop the week before. He was all over the field and was pumped. Honestly I don't ever recall hearing his name in any game prior to last nights. Good for him.
    I agree he responded well. Alan Williams also had him crashing the line of scrimmage a lot last night which allowed him to make a lot of plays at the line or in the backfield. I have always though Mitchell plays very well downhill so they had him playing to his strengths.

vCash
    I agree he responded well. Alan Williams also had him crashing the line of scrimmage a lot last night which allowed him to make a lot of plays at the line or in the backfield. I have always though Mitchell plays very well downhill so they had him playing to his strengths.
    Henderson sure looked like ****. Anyone notice how many times PEYTON HILLIS!!!! ran outside and smoked him?
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Henderson sure looked like ****. Anyone notice how many times PEYTON HILLIS!!!! ran outside and smoked him?
    Henderson is my favorite player on our defense right now. That dude is a beast his corners need to set outside contain better for him.

^Credit to TearsOfPurple^

vCash

Your thoughts on the season

This season has gone perfectly how I could've wanted

ACE
    1-1
    7.50 ERA
    12.0 IP
    12 K
    1.33 WHIP

vCash
    Yeah Henderson has played at an all pro level this year. He's been the best on Defense other than Harrison.

vCash
    I'm not even sure where to start. First off the personnel decisions have been just terrible. In game adjustments as well as game planning from week to week could have been put together by my 2 year old son and had more success. The lack of any foresight with the LB's and defensive backfield going into the season was pathetic. Play calling has been disgusting at best. And of course the lack of accountability and general absence of understanding of the situation this team has been "led" into by this FO and coaching staff has been nothing short of inexcusable. This is an organizational failure from the top down of epic proportions.
    Hey coach. Do you have ANY idea what you are doing?
    Thats what I thought.

vCash
    Ok, two people have brought up Erin Henderson now so I figure I better mention what the film says. You are right when you say the RB can get to the outside against him. For one, we need better run contain from our DE's but I don't think the Vikings expected Henderson to be a sideline to sideline ILB. Henderson is at his best when he is able to work in garbage, blitz, or play downhill against the run. From that you can tell that he doesn't have the ability to start and stop, thus the RB's can get to the outside against him rather easy. Also, WR's in the slot are able to run underneath his zone and get through without letting him make a play adding to Josh Robinson's struggles.

At the end of the day for those of you wanting Kevin Minter in the draft, Henderson is doing exactly what he could have done for us. Erin is a much better OLB than MLB since he would be playing in one direction (forward, backwards, etc..). If the ILB in the cover-2 only had to make plays in the backfield he would be an all-pro but that isn't how it works in a passing league.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast