Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

GM Survey Heat, LeBron remain clear favorites + more

Can the Miami Heat do it again?

A majority of the league's general managers think so. According to NBA.com's 12th annual GM Survey, the Heat are the clear favorite to win their third straight title. But five other teams also received votes to win the 2014 Finals, the most title contenders in the survey in five years.

The GMs have made it clear that LeBron James is the best player in the world. And after a three-year absence, 37-year-old Tim Duncan is back as the top power forward in the league. But for the first time in the history of the survey, someone other than Kobe Bryant has been named as the league's best shooting guard.

All 30 GMs responded to 56 different questions about the best teams, players, coaches, fans, and offseason moves. General managers were not permitted to vote for their own team or personnel. Percentages are based on the pool of respondents to each question of the survey, rather than all 30 GMs.
    http://www.nba.com/news/2013-14-nba-...vey/index.html

vCash
    I agree with most of it.

vCash
    56 percent of GM's think Harden is the best shooting guard.

80 percent think Dwight is the best center.

70 percent think Paul is the best PG.

Why are the rest of the GM's dumb?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    How do I think [Kevin] Love helps his team lose? Terrible defense, chucker, basically a of version if Monta

vCash
    I think they're the favorites, but I'd easily place money on the field over them.

Nice to see 6 teams getting votes though. It does feel like there are more true contenders this year than recent years past.

Happy to see Oladipo get the most love out of the rookies...but I'm also to see Zeller getting it too. I've always been a big fan of his, and think his game is going to translate to the NBA real well.

Bulls fans are probably creaming themselves about Mirotic getting the vote there!

I don't think there's anything too ridiculous. A few things here and there. It's interesting how negatively the two bad playoffs from Wade have impacted his perception. I think the last two regular seasons he was, on average, still the best SG in the NBA, at the very least tied with Kobe. But he only got 3.3% of the votes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    56 percent of GM's think Harden is the best shooting guard.

80 percent think Dwight is the best center.

70 percent think Paul is the best PG.

Why are the rest of the GM's dumb?
    You really think it's crazy to think that going forward those three will be the best at their respective positions? Dwight had a bad season, but before that he had a strangle hold on the top C spot. I don't think it's crazy to assume with full health and in a better environment he'll return to that. Kobe is hurt and Wade is on the decline, so why's it crazy to think Harden is the best SG? And ONLY 70% voting Paul is indeed crazy. Agreed with that.

vCash
    The GM's who don't think Paul is the best PG are probably not good GM's methinks.
    How do I think [Kevin] Love helps his team lose? Terrible defense, chucker, basically a of version if Monta

vCash
    I think the point is the GM's that didnt vote these three players as the best are the ones he's considering dumb.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    The GM's who don't think Paul is the best PG are probably not good GM's methinks.
    Good.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ View Post
    I think the point is the GM's that didnt vote these three players as the best are the ones he's considering dumb.
    Got it. I missed "the rest" in that post. My bad, Guppy!

vCash
    Would love to know which GM named Kevin Love as most likely to have a breakout season. That ship sailed when he had that streak of double doubles, lol.

Lebron James got 100.5% worth of votes. (86.7% as best SF and 13.8% as best PF) so their math is either wrong somewhere OR a GM voted for him as both.

Boston got at least one vote as making the best off season moves. So somebody must believe that tanking for Wiggins is a good idea. (My guess is this vote came from Philly ).

My boy Valunciunas voted as most likely international player to have a breakout year, I like it.

vCash
    Jonas for most improved!

vCash
    If you aren't looking at it for just one year, the Celtics and Sixers made some damn fine moves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Would love to know which GM named Kevin Love as most likely to have a breakout season. That ship sailed when he had that streak of double doubles, lol.

Lebron James got 100.5% worth of votes. (86.7% as best SF and 13.8% as best PF) so their math is either wrong somewhere OR a GM voted for him as both.

Boston got at least one vote as making the best off season moves. So somebody must believe that tanking for Wiggins is a good idea. (My guess is this vote came from Philly ).

My boy Valunciunas voted as most likely international player to have a breakout year, I like it.
    If you count both category than that would be 100.5% out of 200% (sf and pf).
    So it is pretty obvious some GMS listed him as best PF.

vCash
    Pistons for most improved team and Drummond #2 for most likely to have a breakout season. Sounds good to me

vCash
    I think the Pistons can improve but it will take two things. Jennings needs to stop thinking he is the best player on the court and Smith realizing he is one of the best finishers in the game and one of the worst jump shooters. He's like a broken version of Lebron James.

vCash
    Which player makes the most of limited natural ability?
    1. Kevin Love, Minnesota -- 24.1%
    2. Marc Gasol, Memphis -- 13.8%
    3. Matt Bonner, San Antonio; Jared Dudley, L.A. Clippers -- 10.3%
    5. J.J. Barea, Minnesota -- 6.9%
    Also receiving votes: Nick Collison, Oklahoma City; Stephen Curry, Golden State; Danny Green, San Antonio; Chuck Hayes, Sacramento; Roy Hibbert, Indiana; Kyle Korver, Atlanta; Steve Nash, L.A. Lakers; Luis Scola, Indiana; Anderson Varejao, Cleveland, Greivis Vasquez, Sacramento

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast